Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-11-19, 10:12 PM  
fatkat555

Leah Sarago Upper Body

Today I pulled out a dvd that was still in shrink wrap, Ballet Body Upper Body. I’d heard stories about how tough it was so I avoided it successfully for 3 years. Well, today I finally opened it up and gave it a try. Holy smokes! I was drenched by the end of this 45 minute workout. It was a bit advanced for me in some sections and I wished I had pulled out 2s instead of 3s for dumbbell work, but I can definitely see doing this one again.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-19, 06:59 AM  
killoffsonny

I find it difficult. I have very achey wonky shoulders so I have seldom done the whole thing at once. I used to split the workouts every other day. Haven't done it in awhile
Old 09-12-19, 09:49 AM  
Nuggie's Auntie

That workout is BRUTAL. I also have a wonky shoulder, leftover from a rotator cuff tear a few years ago. I could probably do the weighted segment with very light weights, but I don't think I could hack that crazy plank sequence! It's a great workout, though. I seem to recall loving the music!
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-19, 10:42 AM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatkat555 View Post
Today I pulled out a dvd that was still in shrink wrap, Ballet Body Upper Body. I’d heard stories about how tough it was so I avoided it successfully for 3 years. Well, today I finally opened it up and gave it a try. Holy smokes! I was drenched by the end of this 45 minute workout. It was a bit advanced for me in some sections and I wished I had pulled out 2s instead of 3s for dumbbell work, but I can definitely see doing this one again.
How long is just the weighted section? I have wonky shoulders and the body weight exercises might not work right now.

"By far the most important application is those 18 inches between the table and your mouth. Your diet. Eat clean to get rid of fat." Robert Kennedy, Oxygen Magazine

"Having the body you want starts with loving the body you have." Mandy Ingber, Shape Magazine
Denise R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-19, 10:53 AM  
prettyinpink

Weirdly, I often do only the unweighted part as it’s a great little UB workout in about 23 minutes. I feel like it’s more bang for the buck than the light weights, even though I like that part fine, too.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-19, 12:12 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

You're singing my tune! I've been doing all of Leah's Ballet Body DVDs for the last eight weeks straight and I can finally get through the entire upper body workout without feeling like my arms will fall off. I also swear my arms have developed a new definition I have never, ever had before...I've seriously fallen in love with Leah! Such a great workout!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-19, 12:13 PM  
buffmama

This thread made me pull out her workouts. I plan on doing her core work.
Old 09-12-19, 10:23 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
You're singing my tune! I've been doing all of Leah's Ballet Body DVDs for the last eight weeks straight and I can finally get through the entire upper body workout without feeling like my arms will fall off. I also swear my arms have developed a new definition I have never, ever had before...I've seriously fallen in love with Leah! Such a great workout!
Do you have a rotation I can follow? Thanks!
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-19, 07:38 AM  
Cowgirl32

hardest UB workout i own!
Old 09-13-19, 11:10 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdw View Post
Do you have a rotation I can follow? Thanks!
Very loosely, what I've been doing looks something like this:

Sun: BB Upper and Lower together (I have more time on weekends to work out)

Mon: Short intense cardio plus BB Core

Tues: Some kind of circuit workout or high reps weight work (like Cathe's Afterburn, Supercuts, High Reps, Flex Train, Metabolic Total Body, something along those lines.)

Weds: BB Total Body

Thurs: A lower body workout (Cathe's Lower Body Blast, etc.)

Fri: Whatever the heck I'm in the mood for, sometimes steady state cardio (step, kickboxing), or maybe a barre workout or something with Linda Wooldridge, or sometimes just an extra rest day!

I've been changing things up lately though and just got a Leah streaming subscription so I expect things to change more! That's just what I've been doing...your preferences may vary!!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ballet body upper, leah sarago