Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-11, 09:25 AM  
nanacathy

LOL! cuz like i said, i am pretty computer illiterate and i only go to very few sites. my son is the computer genius & when he left home he left one of his old computers and i started using it, but it took forever for me to figure stuff out. so, i kinda stick to what i know. ya know what they say "can't teach an old dog new tricks" but, i finally found ya and i'm glad. did ya'll see my post on the exchange board? i am looking for the old firm Maximum Cardio w/carrisa foster. anyone know where i can get it?

ok, and how do i put a picture on here?
Old 02-14-11, 11:59 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Cathy - Your posting on the Exchange did get posted. If you click on the link that follows, it will take you to it. http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=161318. Just to let you know, the Exchange is for trade lists that include both wishes for what you would like and trades that you would send in exchange for those wishes. So, for example, you could have Maximum Cardio as a wish and another workout or two listed that you'd be willing to trade for it.

As far as where you can get that workout, Amazon has it on VHS at this link - http://www.amazon.com/Firm-Cardio-Ma.../dp/1568124945. There may be other places; that's just the one I found easily.

As far as how you post a picture, I assume you mean that you want to post a profile picture - the picture next to your user name? First you have to have a picture that is resized small. The maximum size of your custom image is 200 by 200 pixels or 34.2 KB. Given your self professed technical skills, do you have someone who can help you do that? Once you have it, you can click on My VF (the first option in the purple bar toward the top of the screen) and upload it in there.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-11, 04:25 PM  
nanacathy

thanks laura, yes, my husband can. and i went ahead and ordered MC from fitnessfavorites. i couldn't find it on amazon or ebay. it is one of the hard to find firms, apparantly. thanks for ya'll help
Old 02-14-11, 07:07 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Cathy - I wondered if they might have it on that site; I've never been on it. Enjoy your workout when you get it.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 02-14-11, 07:14 PM  
paideiamom
VF Supporter

Welcome, Cathy. I applaud you for jumping in with an old computer and not much computer confidence. I think you have to be a VF supporter before you can put a pic on your profile. I don't want you or DH to get frustrated.
Hang around here. We are a lot of fun.

"Moderation is remembered only after the deed is done." Mirabelle Watkinson, fabulous writer in residence.

"I am patient with stupidity but not those who are proud of it." Edith Sitwell

Words matter.

I thought I had seen it all. Then I tried on my bathing suit. (Unknown sage at craft show)
paideiamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-11, 10:29 PM  
nanacathy

ok, so what does that mean, to be a VF supporter? our computer is not old. we just got it at Christmas, it is XP or is it windows 7? which one is the new one? see what i mean about me and computers my husband is pretty good with them, and my son is a programmer, so he can do anything. if we can't figure it out, i'll check with him.
thanks,
Old 02-15-11, 01:46 AM  
Helen

To be a VF supporter, means to make a financial contribution, which is required if you want to have a picture associated with your username.

Go to My VF at the top left, scroll down the left column to the second last item - Paid Subscriptions.

If you're not sure how long you're likely to keep coming, it's just $10 for 6 months trial membership, but if you've been exercising at home for 25 yrs, you're likely to be here a while - the level of civility, the unbiased information/reviews, and discussion/links for the latest fitness news (not just videos) is exceptional here!
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-11, 03:30 PM  
KellyMarie65

I thought I should introduce myself. My name is Kelly, and I live in Western MA. I am 45 yrs. young and LOVE to exercise. I am a Registered Nurse and a mother to 4. Ages: 27, 18, 11 and 10. I work alot and usually work 7 days weekly but find time for family and working out. Currently going to Florida for a week's vacation this coming Saturday.
I danced the ballet as a youngster and did some tap dancing. I did injure a knee from ballet years ago and was in a car accident approx. 23 yrs ago where I broke an ankle, fx a hip and shattered a knee cap. So, I stay away from workouts that require alot of jumping around like repeated jumping jacks but am able to most everything else.
Currently doing alot of Cathe's workouts. Looking around for more variety, would like to add sculpting type workouts like core fusion/barre. I do want to continue with lifting at least 3 times weekly and add in the other workouts. Great to have found this site. It's a wealth of information and experience with home dvd's.
KellyMarie65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-11, 03:48 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Kelly,

Welcome! If you are looking for options for working out at home, you have come to a good place. If you see references to ordering from Mary, she is the proprietor at the online site, totalfitnessdvds.com. It's a good place to order from - although there are more places to order from seemingly every month.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 03-05-11, 10:45 AM  
lostinabook

Good Morning--I have been lurking here for a few days and decided I should post an intro since I'm going to need to start posting questions soon.

I am 42 and the mother of 2. I have exercised off and on throughout my life, but always end up quitting after a few weeks. In the past I've done T-Tapp (didn't work at all for me), bicycling, walking, elliptical, a bit of yoga (Kathy Smith), and a very small amount of weightlifting.

I started up again about 3 weeks ago with Slim in 6 & am working out mainly to gain strength, look leaner, & lower my blood sugar a bit. I've dropped about 6 lbs. so far and am hoping to continue lose weight, but am pretty sure that that will come more from limiting how much sugar I ingest than from how much I exercise. I'm just about halfway though Si6 & am starting to look around for my next purchase.
lostinabook is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
former sticky, how did you find vf, introductions, new members, new to vf, new user, sticky thread