Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-10-10, 05:33 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Welcome back. Restarting is a hard thing to do, but it sounds like you have a plan.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-10, 08:26 AM  
azuniga

Hi I found this website when I was looking for reviews for the Fluidity system. I decided to purchase the system reading all the great reviews it got on this forum and I saw other workouts that can be used with it. I had no idea!

Really looking forward to make friends here.
azuniga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-10, 09:36 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

So, I don't have to issue the standard warning to hide your credit card - you've already experienced this issue/benefit of VF! Welcome. Feel free to jump in.

Have you discovered the check in section? It's made up of smaller groups that check in with each other on a daily/weekly/monthly basis (whatever the group decides) and they are usually based on a theme. I just thought I'd mention it in case that was an answer to you wanting to make friends here.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 04-19-10, 01:03 PM  
new2me

Gosh, why am I always so late to the party, lol. Thankfully Laura is always on the ball!

The sudden precious moments in life need to be recognized for the unique periods they are, not wasted by wishing for something else. Edith Schaeffer
new2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-10, 06:10 PM  
rriggs

Hello!
I guess I should finally come here and introduce myself after lurking and posting for the last couple of weeks. I am a Mom to one little boy and a Step-Mom to a teenage daughter. I am in school full-time pursuing a teaching degree.

I am very much a vidiot, but didn't know a forum existed. So glad I found you guys! But at the same time I think it is going to increase my buying and addicition to being on the computer.

I have had my share of gym memberships and have workout regularly for the last 12 years. I definitely consider it my therapy. I started working out at home after I got married due to my new "responsibilities" and haven't turned back since. I have gotten much better results and have been able to keep a consistent workout schedule of 5-6 times a week, which I know is something I could not have done if I had to trek to the gym.

Look forward to getting to know all of you! :-)

Robin in Texas
rriggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-10, 07:17 PM  
WWWendy
Community Manager

Welcome, Robin! Nice to "meet" you.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
WWWendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-10, 06:19 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Robin - Well, it looks like you understand the threat to you credit card, so I won't warn you to hide it. Welcome to VF. Hopefully, it will help you fit exercise into your busy life.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 05-05-10, 11:12 AM  
new2me

Hi Robin, welcome!

The sudden precious moments in life need to be recognized for the unique periods they are, not wasted by wishing for something else. Edith Schaeffer
new2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-10, 02:09 PM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Ciao tutti!

I just recently found this board and can't express how happy I am about it as it seems in real life there's nobody around me that a) works out at home to DVDs and b) understands the (slight?) addiction a true vidiot can have/has!

I'm German, 34 year and old SAHM [stay-at-home-mom] of 2 kids, 8 and almost 5, + 1 cat and have used home workouts pretty much since my first pregnancy. I have had times where I went to the gym (to lift heavy weights and run on the TM), but overall I love having the option in my own home; at a time I chose and what kind of workout vs. gym classes. It's certainly kept me consistent in my daily workout regime and I believe it's also good for my kids to see me working out! -Though I prefer having this 'me time' alone, i.e. when the kids are in school! But sometimes with holidays, weekend etc. it happens that they're there!

I've tried quite a few workouts (Firm, Tae Bo, Jari Love to name a few) but ended up really loving Leslie Sansone 'Walk at home' (though I'm not overweight and don't need to lose any weight) -much to my own surprise! LOL-, yoga (mainly Yoga Zone and the DVDs from Yoga journal), Turbo Jam and for weights I just now found Kelly Coffey-Meyer (I haven't done weights [other than the 3# that Leslie uses in her walks sometimes] in a while after a car accident left me injured and quite hindered for heavier workouts..). I have yet to receive my first DVDs from her but I'm already wanting pretty much all of hers!

I'm married to a US Navy man for close to 10 years now and we're currently stationed in Sicily, Italy. (Thankfully we have a FPO address, so the shipping costs are the same as within the US! It only takes a bit longer to get here sometimes..) We've been here now for 2 yrs and will stay for another 2 yrs. before we get back to the US and settle down somewhere in the PA area.

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

MomOf2Gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-10, 03:48 PM  
sophie kat

welcome to VF MomOf2Gremlins!

i'm sure you will like it here. VF'ers have and do all kinds of workouts, so you will find many members that share your interests. as far as vidiots are concerned, you are truly in good company here! lock up your credit card, LOL!

living in sicily sounds pretty exciting! i live in PA. it's nice to meet you!

I my VF friends!
sophie kat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
former sticky, how did you find vf, introductions, new members, new to vf, new user, sticky thread