Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-08, 06:13 PM  
krrelu

Hi, everyone... I'll join in with the introductions as well. I'm Kristina (or Kris) and I've been by here a few times over the last few years, but finally decided to settle in. I'm not new to video exercising, but I'm just getting serious about exercising again.

I'm 31 (for now ), married, and have a dog and a cat that are spoiled rotten. We don't have any human kids yet! Maybe someday soon we will though I really enjoy walking for exercise, outdoors, treadmill, and Leslie Sansone is wonderful! Chatty, but wonderful. I walked a full marathon in just under 8 hours with my sister last year, so obviously I enjoy walking!

I've lost just over 20 pounds in the last year and a half but when I hit that last 10 pounds, I started going up and down 6 or 7 pounds. I plan on reaching my goal weight with Weight Watchers (I don't want to discuss diet, just mentioned it for my introduction!) by my wedding anniversary in April.

Tomorrow starts a new rotation for me.... I like to call it the FIT DARE! I'll be doing Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred followed by a Leslie Sansone 2 mile workout (or more if I feel like it and have time). My thoughts are the Leslie workout will help work out the soreness I have from Jillian's workout because the only part of her workout I don't like is the stretch at the end. I love Prevention Magazine and one of the articles in the November mag gives inspiration for 10 minutes of yoga a day using just 3 proven moves. While I like a good beginner's yoga workout from time to time, I will not devote time to regular yoga practice, but I CAN give 10 minutes!

Okay, ya'll will see that I talk too much! Thanks for having me, and I look forward to getting to know ya'll!
krrelu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-08, 06:28 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Welcome to VF permanently, Kris! It sounds like you have had a lot going on. And, I'd say it does sound like you like walking. If it would help you with added accountability, you might want to consider a check in, one of the smaller groups that check in with each other on a regular basis. If it would be just one more thing to do, never mind.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-08, 10:15 PM  
asianvidfit

Hi, I've just joined, and I'm from Singapore, in SE Asia. Been lurking around for the past 2 months or so, and really like this forum. I chanced upon it while looking for some info about various fitness videos - and got here, while reading a thread in collage videos.

I've been on a fitness video binge since August, and am really loving it. I'm not new to exercise, having joined various gyms over the past 20 years - really like gyms, but not the travelling that it takes to get there, and especially not the crowds during peak periods, so that was why I starting looking to fitness videos.

Other than fitness videos, I also run, and I like step aerobics, but lately have only done step aerobics from videos, since I stopped my gym membership.

Fave videos right now, are all Billy Blanks - just lurve, lurve Billy's and Shellie's enthusiasm.

Hope to post more soon.
asianvidfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-08, 06:38 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Singapore! I don't remember someone posting from there on this forum. We have members from other Asian countries though.

Welcome! It sounds like you are an experienced exerciser who is finding exercise options that fit your preferences. I hope you feel free to jump into topics where you want to contribute.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 12-12-08, 11:52 AM  
lindseylu8

Welcome AsianVidFit! I visited Singapore once, it is a beautiful county!
Lindsey

You can find a link to my fitness blog in my profile
lindseylu8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-08, 09:54 AM  
ginare

Re-introducing myself!

I started coming to VF in 1999. I've had many ups and downs in fitness, and it remains a big part of my life. I started exercising back when I was 11 years old to a Richard Simmons LP. My obsession with fitness, whether at home, or the gym has stayed with me ever since. I got a BS in health promotion. I was a personal trainer for a short while. I've battled depression my whole life, and fitness has remained my true friend. My love for exercise is always there, even when I fall off the wagon. It doesn't give up on me, and I'm not giving up on it.
ginare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-08, 09:57 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Welcome back. I'm glad you re-introduced yourself. It sounds like exercise and fitness is a mainstay for you.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 12-31-08, 06:45 PM  
Nadine

Hello all!

I'm a lurker who has finally decided to come out and introduce myself. I have more free time now and have posted a few times. I've enjoyed reading everyone's posts.

Let's see, a little about myself:

* I'll be 40 in March. UGH!
* I've been married 20 years in May to a wonderful man who is still my soul-mate!
* We have no human children, just fur babies -- a 10 yr old kitty, Apache (my avatar) and a 1 yr old, 65lb puppy, Suzy. Both strays that found us. Suzy loves Apache but Apache wishes Suzy didn't pounce on him, or lick him so much, or poke him with her nose, or.....image
* I'm a huge tom-boy and always have been. I don't think I've had a day in my life that I haven't had a bruise on my leg from something or other.
* I'm also a huge klutz...hm, maybe THAT's the reason for the brusies.image
* I've been into exercise for about ....good heavens, 14 years! I LOVE it, although you'd never know it judging by my weight right now-- but I'm working on it with Weight Watchers--for the second time now. image
* I love stepping, Interval workouts especially. I started my exercise journey with Gin Miller and Christi Taylor, and moved on to Cathe and Mindy Mylrea among others. I also like the PowerStrikes and Tony Horton's Cardio. I like sporty moves, not dancy -- I'm really not coordinated enough. The older Christi's are as dancy as I can get.
* I'm a cardio fanatic but can never seem to get into strength even though I know I should. Although, I've have now added Patrick Goudeau's Hard Work Conditioning 1 & 2, Play Ball, and Body Design to my routine for some toning workouts. I like that he's doesn't just do the standard squats and curls--maybe that can keep me interested.
* As you can see, I'm very talkative when I get going!
* Oh yeah, my spelling and grammar sumtymes suk! image

Well, that's all I can think of for now.

I hope everyone has a great New Year!
Old 01-01-09, 07:06 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Nadine - Glad you came out of the lurkers' closet. Have fun posting. As far as the 40s go, it's a good decade. At least, it has been for me and I hope the same for you.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 01-02-09, 03:40 AM  
Nadine

Thank you Laura! I hope my decade follows your example.

Have a Happy New Year!

Tags
former sticky, how did you find vf, introductions, new members, new to vf, new user, sticky thread