Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-02, 12:51 PM  
Rochelle
VF Supporter

Thumbs up In Praise of Stott's 22 Minute Matwork

Can I just say I LOVE this tape? If you fast forward to the actual exercises, the workout is around 15 minutes long, perfect for adding on. Stott does an excellent job of breaking down each exercise and giving form pointers. I find myself using her modifications with other pilates workouts because they just make my back feel sooo good.

I know a lot of people have a love/hate relationship with Moira Stott's teaching style, but I think this tape gives you all of the benefits (crystal clear instruction) with none of the drawbacks (too slow and boring). I have at least 10 pilates workouts, and this one is far and away my favorite. And it was cheap, too!

Rochelle, who just finished doing this tape and felt so awesome she had to share
Rochelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-02, 02:11 PM  
Diane Rogers
VF Supporter

I am a Stott fan, too...

I don't have the 22-minute one, but I have her Essential Matwork and the shorter Power Matwork (which I do love). It's been awhile since I've done them...you've reminded me to get back to it...it's the first kind of video workout I started doing after getting back into video fitness early this year.

Moira Stott might not be the most exciting instructor, but she is very informative and careful--great for someone trying to get the "hang" of Pilates.
Old 09-25-02, 02:45 PM  
Isalay
VF Supporter

Me too!

I like it too! I just got the 22 Minute Matwork last week and really enjoyed the selection of exercises and slightly faster pace.

Since I'm a Pilates novice, I like lots of instruction a la Moira Stott. I'm thinking of getting one of her new 22 minute tapes since the length is perfect for time crunched days (already emailed Amy at Afitimage with my requests!).
Old 09-25-02, 10:38 PM  
Rochelle
VF Supporter

Me too, Isalay!

(I adore your name, btw. Just love it.)

I know I am going to end up ordering her new 22 minute tapes too. If they are anything like this one, I will be thrilled.
Rochelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-02, 09:00 AM  
Isalay
VF Supporter

Rochelle...

thank you for the compliment!

Ditto about the new 22 minute tapes. Can't wait!