Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-13, 11:41 AM  
edensmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by raeven View Post
Well, it seems to me that if you head out now, you can get there with plenty of time to enjoy an early dinner with your mother, then head home. The workouts are 30 minutes so you'll have time to squeeze one, possibly two in before settling in for the night.
Or you could squeeze in one of those 30 min workouts before hitting the road to head back home!
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-13, 01:55 PM  
amery

Quote:
Originally Posted by edensmom View Post
Or you could squeeze in one of those 30 min workouts before hitting the road to head back home!
And then when you get home, a quick little review before bedtime.
amery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-13, 10:23 AM  
alisoncooks

I got this dvd in the mail yesterday and I liked it.
I did both 30-minute workouts and was amazed at how quickly the time went! (I tend to be a clock-watcher... )

I don't know if those who are doing Meta/Cont. would get anything from this dvd... there is a LOT of instruction (and there should be -- it's a beginner's introduction to her method!) But I do wish there was a bit less standing around time with her explaining and demonstrating things. I also wondered about the even-ness on the reps since TA tended to demonstrate on one arm/leg and then move on to do the 10 reps or whatever. (But I didn't count.)

I found TA really likable/personable in this dvd! I remember when I first tried the Mat workout and I thought she was so pouty and "uppity" -- this is a totally different TA. (Either Mat totally misrepresents her or she's been listening to her PR person. ) She broke everything down well, counted reps, explained the hows & whys. I bet if she'd come out with something like this FIRST, she wouldn't have HALF as many dissenters!

All in all, I like it but don't love it -- but only because I don't know if this is something I would use long-term. (I like to be able to grow into my workouts even after I improve.) With re: to the constant cueing/instruction: TA does say to eventually mute her and do the workout with your own playlist, which I might try. She also says move on to Meta when this is too easy.

Great introduction to the TA method! I wish she'd done a segment breaking down some of her all-fours stuff. I find that stuff really confusing/challenging (foot placement, angles, etc.)
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-13, 12:34 PM  
BunnyHop

I did the first segment today, and I liked it.

I do wish that the workout itself were seamless, without being broken up by talk, moving furniture around, explaining this and that.

As TA says though, once you get the moves down, just mute her and put on your own music.

FWIW, my arms are sore. Guess I have some muscles that hadn't been getting worked.
BunnyHop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-13, 12:45 PM  
muddjeansgal

If doing a procession of her workouts from easiest to hardest would this one be easier than her Teen Meta?
muddjeansgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-13, 12:51 PM  
mamaste

Easier than Teen Meta. I've done both of the workouts and thought not only are they a good intro to TA, but it's a good refresher course for veterans to her method. She finally explains cross vectors in a way I can understand! I've been wondering about that one for years. I found both workouts helpful in executing the moves better. I'm looking forward to Precision Toning. It seems harder than beginner yet still has cuing, which I love.
Old 08-09-13, 12:59 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I did the first half hour workout this am. I guess it was more talking than I care for mostly because we weren't working out while TA was talking. It is a beginner dvd, though. I give TA credit for cuuing, providing clear instructions, and being likeable.

It's probably a great intro and refresher to TA's method.

I'll do the second half tonight.

Jackie
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-13, 01:00 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I received TA Beginners (aka TA for Dummies) and Leslie's new 30 Day one at the same time. I chose to do Leslie first.

I have previewed the TA Beginner DVD. She cues, counts and explains the moves. I don't have the type of chair she uses. I can probably modify using my barre. (I hope!)

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-13, 02:39 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyHop View Post
I do wish that the workout itself were seamless, without being broken up by talk, moving furniture around, explaining this and that.
Yeah, I spent a bunch of time at the beginning of the first workout moving my chair around (and I don't have a cute, teeny tiny chair like she's using -- I am lugging a big solid dining room chair back and forth, LOL.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alta-tude View Post
I received TA Beginners (aka TA for Dummies) and Leslie's new 30 Day one at the same time. I chose to do Leslie first.

I have previewed the TA Beginner DVD. She cues, counts and explains the moves. I don't have the type of chair she uses. I can probably modify using my barre. (I hope!)
I got Leslie at the same time, too. I'll be doing that one tomorrow. I'm not sure how a barre will work for the TA video. I think I'm going to try using a step stool next time. Some of the moves were weird using my big (armless) kitchen chair.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-13, 04:33 PM  
BunnyHop

Oh, I forgot to mention that my 'chair' is actually a step stool with a handle over the top. The rubber feet help keep it stable, so I really didn't feel the need for anything else. (I use it for a lot of other barre type stretches, and it works fine.)
BunnyHop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ta beginners, tracy anderson, tracy anderson beginners