Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-14-06, 12:09 PM  
Lissa

I checked out the Special K website for information on the Shape DVD.

Here's the link: http://www.specialk.com/specialoffers/shape_dvd.shtml

I wish the cover was readable. The description is kind of vague.

~Lissa
Lissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-06, 02:34 PM  
ms1971

Hi.
Thanks for the link. My guess after reading the description and looking at the picture of the man is Pilates or maybe yoga. It looks more like boat pose from yoga, but it's probably supposed to be a teaser.

Mel
ms1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-06, 11:54 PM  
Lissa

I went to the store tonight and check out the Special K box. It said that the Shape DVD would be a 30 min. ab workout.

~Lissa
Lissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-06, 01:20 PM  
DBW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star
Yeah, I got mine too. It's funny but I wasn't expecting them to wear Special K tops and be dancing surrounded by big boxes of cereal. I guess it's the price you pay for a free dvd.
Ok, after 60 some posts about this I broke down and sent away for Zumba. It got here in about 4 weeks. At first I was sure I was going to hate it - the instructor and background dancers are wearing so much make-up and ....well, I'll leave it at that. And all the Kellogg's stuff made it appear like some kind of spoof. But I tried it, it was fun - I didn't really feel "worked out" but this would be a good "I don't feel like working out" dvd.
DBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-06, 07:26 PM  
ms1971

HI.
I got the Shape Abs dvd today. I previewed it quickly. It has 3 mins or so of walking tips (Lisa on a sidewalk), a nutritional info segement (with a nutritionist and Lisa) a 10 min abs/cardio (standing) segment, a (short maybe 3 mins) abs anywhere demo of standing ab work, a 5 min core (floor) workout, and 5 min pilates (floor) workout. Lisa Wheeler does all but the core and pilates segments, those are with Tracey York and 2 fitness models on an exercise studio set. The cardio/abs in in a fake livingroom and Lisa is alone. There are not jumbo boxes of cereal in this like the Zumba lower body 2 workout. The 2 abs segments with tracey are more unique than traditional pilates except for criss-cross. Good for ad ons, no 30 min workout like advertised. Just a note: Lisa does the choreography on Denise Austin's Pilates videos and she was in The Method videos too.

I've still got boxes of the cereal in the garage.

Mel
ms1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-06, 11:39 AM  
DBW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms1971
HI.
The cardio/abs in in a fake livingroom and Lisa is alone.

Mel
I got this one too...I think it is a real living room! I happened to notice the credits. That was a little weird, I thought.
DBW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
special k