Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-31-16, 03:41 PM  
weener
VF Supporter

Cathe's The Strong & Sweaty 5 DVD Series

copied and paste from Cathe's blog which will be in the newsletter coming tomorrow.

Arrrre you ready?! I’m super excited to announce the details of my brand new workouts- The Strong & Sweaty Series! The name says it all! The workouts in this series will challenge your endurance and your strength with exciting new cardio drills and ramped up lifting techniques! The cardio routines are a non-stop sweat fest and even the strength routines will drive the heart rate up and leave you soaked! It’s time again to strap on your game faces and hit it with all you’ve got! I’ll ask again… arrrrre you ready?! I KNOW you are! So, here are some more of the sweaty details!

The Strong & Sweaty 5 DVD Series
•PHA Training– One form of training you might not be familiar is called PHA or peripheral heart action training. There’ s no time for down time and in this workout we prove just that! We waste no time in this routine as the lower body gets to rest while the upper body works and vice versa. Each muscle group gets its chance to push hard, recover and then push hard again and the results will speak for themselves! The goal of peripheral heart action training is to maximize the amount of blood that circulates to your upper and lower body as you complete a sequence of resistance exercises. With PHA training, you alternate between upper and lower body resistance training exercises, allowing as little rest as possible between each movement. The lack of rest and recovery keeps your heart rate up, for cardiovascular and fat-burning benefits, while switching between upper and lower body exercises, maximizes blood flow to all parts of your body and reduces build-up of lactic acid. By reducing lactic acid, you’re able to train hard without being forced to stop due to the burn.
•Total Body Giant Sets– This workout will utilize giant sets to fatigue every muscle group while rep pattern and weight variations keep your heart pumping and your body firing! Each giant set will focus on a particular set of muscles and will push to failure before moving on to the next combination of exercises. Giant sets are an amazing technique to add variation to your workout schedule and in this routine we will show those giant sets whose boss!
•BootCamp: You Can Do Anything for a Minute– I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again! You CAN do anything for a minute! This workout consists of 7 rounds of one minute cardio, upper body, lower body and core segments. Variation in equipment and exercise selection will give this format a fresh new twist and will leave no muscle untouched and no calorie uncrushed!
•Cardio Slam– Can’t decide what type of cardio you want to do today? Then this workout is for you! Prepare yourself for an intense mix of high impact, low impact and blasts both on and off the step! Have your water handy… or perhaps even two! It’s time to sweat and SLAM!
•Ramped Up Upper Body– It’s time to chisel some muscles! This workout will combine slow and heavy reps with light high reps to keep the muscles confused and working at maximum capacity. By combing the best of the two techniques your muscles will feel loaded even when it’s time for lighter weights. Let’s ramp up the reps, ramp up the burn and ramp up your results!

Bonus 6th DVD:
•Cycle Sweat– Another soaker to add to you spin collection! We’re back on the bikes and ready for action with new speed drills, climbs and jumps! Strap or snap into those pedals! It’s gonna be a bumpy ride!

Three Ways to Enjoy Cathe’s New Strong and Sweaty Workouts
1.DVDs Only (Strong and Sweaty DVD Discount Bundle + Cycle Sweat DVD – $59.00) (* 6 DVDs only $9.84 each + Free Worldwide Shipping)
2.DVDs + Digital DownloadsDiscount Bundle – (Strong and Sweaty + Cycle Sweat – $79.00) (* 6 DVDs only $9.84 each + Free Worldwide Shipping + 6 Downloads for only an extra $20)
3.Digital Downloads Discount Bundle Only (Strong and Sweaty + Cycle Sweat – $49.00) (* 6 Downloads only $8.17 each )

Or Only Get Cathe’s Strong and Sweaty Workouts (No Cycle DVD)
4.DVD 5 Pack Bundle – Strong and Sweaty DVD Only– $50.00 (* 5 DVDs only $10 each + Free Worldwide Shipping)
5.DVD & Download 5 Pack Bundle – Strong and Sweaty – $70.00 (* 5 DVDs only $10 each + Free Worldwide Shipping + 5 Downloads for only an extra $20)
6.Downloads only 5 Pack Bundle – Strong and Sweaty – $40.00) (* 5 Downloads only $8.00 each )

~~~~~~~~~
I grew up as teener weener. It got shorten to weener when a nephew was learning to talk and he just called me weener.

www.flickr.com/photos/32418450@N05/
weener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-16, 03:55 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Thanks for all that info, sounds good! I wonder why there is no a Lower Body workout. Also the Bootcamp sounds like Katami 4x4 (?)

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-16, 04:19 PM  
wendy2

No interest in the cycle workout. I'm surprised she sells enough of them to keep producing cycle workouts--but that's probably just because I don't like 'em so I can't compute

Cardio Slam sounds dreadful unless those drills are actually fun and painless...The word "slam" just makes it sound like high impact hell I know that's not the description, but still...

Everything else sounds great (well, as long as the bootcamp cardio segments are fun instead of just "drills"). Love the live versions of her PHAT stuff and Giant Sets, so I'm anticipating some non-live love

Now that Cathe includes all the workouts plus the premixes On Demand, I have to decide if I'm going to get these. I NEVER use my ICE DVDs, but I do use the workouts On Demand occasionally (or more often blend bits of them with her other workouts)... But it's hard for me to not have the actual DVD--just out of habit I feel like I need to have a disc and case!

Argh! Decisions! I might go ahead and order the DVDs and when they arrive cut back to just a Live subscription for 5 months, making up the cost of the DVD preorder.
wendy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-16, 04:25 PM  
wendy2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
Thanks for all that info, sounds good! I wonder why there is no a Lower Body workout. Also the Bootcamp sounds like Katami 4x4 (?)
I don't know why she didn't put a lower body workout in the mix, but there are 15 really awesome lower body workouts on Cathe Live if you're itching for a new Cathe leg workout I'm a little surprised she doesn't have one in this new batch since she's been doing so many lower body live workouts lately--four 50+minute workouts posted in the past four months.
wendy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-16, 06:15 PM  
Mickey12

I'm excited for these. I still love Cathe and buy all of her presales. I find I have to modify more as I'm getting older, but not to the point that I feel like her stuff is too hard.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-16, 06:50 PM  
Cher

Hmmm, Cardio Slam and Bootcamp sound dreadful to me but the other 3 sound good (no cycle workout for me). Thinking I possibly might just preorder for the $50 and can always trade the cardio if they are as dreadful as they sound.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-16, 07:53 PM  
gilbjeter

Was there any mention, besides when the presale was happening, on when these will be released? Are we thinking the typical "late fall"?
gilbjeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-16, 07:56 PM  
muggle

Personally speaking I've learned to not second guess Cathe. 99% of what I get, I love. I need cardio so I'm good with whatever she comes up with. I've done the Giant sets on Live and was absolutely delighted. It was great! Same with the PHA workouts. I always ended up buying her workouts one by one which is so much more expensive. So when she has a presale...I buy!
muggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-16, 08:26 PM  
cecififi

These look amazing. I am in for the whole set. Cathe never disappoints me.
cecififi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-16, 08:35 PM  
Lori_Michigan

Hmmm... I may have to actually preorder this set! I haven't been thrilled with much since the Low Impact series, so here's hoping this one is varied with new choreography...
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, cathe friedrich, peripheral heart action, strong and sweaty