Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-16, 09:32 AM  
Marylandmom
VF Supporter

Barre3 Press Play - Free Online videos for 10 days

((CORRECTION - THE VIDEOS ARE FOR 7 DAYS, NOT 10) Barre3 is offering 7 days of free online videos on their site. I've just started getting into Barre3 workouts (and other barre workouts for that matter) and am really enjoying them. Here's the link:

http://barre3.com/press-play/about

I believe once you sign up, these videos don't expire, you can use them anytime after the 10 days.

I may eventually purchase a monthly subscription. Does anyone subscribe to Barre3's online workouts, and if so what do you think about them?
Marylandmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-16, 12:48 PM  
lizr

I bought a groupon last spring for a 6 month membership which I didn't activate until this month. I have loved every workout I have done. So much so, that I upgraded to the premium membership. They have great focus on form and show modifications if needed. I swear I walk an inch taller after these workouts.
lizr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-16, 05:08 PM  
nevertoolate

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizr View Post
I bought a groupon last spring for a 6 month membership which I didn't activate until this month. I have loved every workout I have done. So much so, that I upgraded to the premium membership. They have great focus on form and show modifications if needed. I swear I walk an inch taller after these workouts.
lizr, I'm glad to hear you're enjoying this. I also bought the groupon membership, but I haven't activated it yet. Do they have any suggested routines or rotations of the workouts or do you just pick them at random?

Thanks for any feedback on the best way to use a Barre3 membership.

Yours in fitness and health.

Ann
nevertoolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-16, 05:52 PM  
lynnf

I also got the upgraded membership and love it. For the regular they add one workout per month into the library. For the upgraded you get a new 1/2 hour workout every week (wit rotating different instructors) and they give you a weekly plan you can follow with 4 workouts (usually one is 60 minutes, the rest 30 -40 minutes). Plus you get access to the full library (on the regular membership you don't get access to any of the new weekly ones). I've been largely doing the suggested weekly plan, and I find it saves me figuring out what to do. The new workouts just keep getting better and better and the music is now great.

I had planned to just try it out for a few months, but now just can't stop!
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-16, 07:49 AM  
kathym
VF Supporter

I signed up. It was great to do a few new to me Barrre3 workouts. I had forgotten how much fun they are and how aligned I feel. Can't wait for more. I will just string all of the 10 minute workouts together at the end or split up. Thanks for posting.
Old 09-29-16, 08:23 AM  
Exercise Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnf View Post
I also got the upgraded membership and love it. For the regular they add one workout per month into the library. For the upgraded you get a new 1/2 hour workout every week (wit rotating different instructors) and they give you a weekly plan you can follow with 4 workouts (usually one is 60 minutes, the rest 30 -40 minutes). Plus you get access to the full library (on the regular membership you don't get access to any of the new weekly ones). I've been largely doing the suggested weekly plan, and I find it saves me figuring out what to do. The new workouts just keep getting better and better and the music is now great.

I had planned to just try it out for a few months, but now just can't stop!
Lynnf, I have the original membership but haven't been able to bite the bullet and trade up. One reason is that the previews of the weekly workouts are really short and I can't get a sense if they really are "better" than their monthly offerings. I was also turned off by the length of the new workouts - I feel that for the membership cost there should be some longer workouts in the weekly mix, but I didn't realize until you mentioned it that they do include 60 and 40 minute workouts from their library in their suggested rotations. I'm curious - are the weekly workouts really any different from the monthly workouts offered on their basic membership?
Exercise Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-16, 09:25 AM  
lynnf

Exercise Diva, I went through the same conundrum -- the upgrade seemed like a lot extra. The first thing I should say is that I like the 30 minute format and you can stack them if you want more; some weekly rotations stack 2 30 minute ones. I wouldn't say that the 30 minute are better than the monthly, but they seem more non-stop and don't really include much stretching so you get a lot of what you get in the longer format. I think some people missed the stretch, so this week they added on a 10 minute stretch, so you get 40 minutes. Just so you get a sense of the weekly rotation plan, this week they put up 1) the new weekly with Caite, plus 10 minute stretch from Lisa (40 min); 2) Athletic Grace with Lisa (60, from the library); 3) an older weekly with Sadie, plus Lisa's stretch (40); and 4) Balance and Burn with Caite (40 minutes from the library).

When I was doing the basic membership I found I did get bored doing older workouts again and again, waiting for the new content. The weekly ones just add a lot more possibilities and seem more like going to a class. The instructors rotate a lot and so you see different faces. The weekly have largely avoided using chairs so I have definitely improved balance-wise. But I suppose some of this just depends on how much you like redoing workouts (I don't so much), and how much you want to do barre3 (right now I am doing it virtually exclusively, and even though I try to branch out, I find that I have lots more knee and elbow issues with other workouts).

Hope this gives you a better idea and let me know if you have any other questions.
Old 09-29-16, 09:29 AM  
momofcha

With the upgrade do you always have access to the new weekly workouts? For instance, the new workout this week, does it then go into their regular library, or is it pulled?

thanks

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-16, 09:50 AM  
lynnf

so far all the new weekly workouts remain available to the upgrade people (you can go back to previous weeks and previous weeks are put into the weekly rotations). But the new weekly workouts do not go into the regular library.
Old 09-29-16, 09:53 AM  
lynnf

one other nice feature of the upgrade (if you like this sort of thing) is that the instructor for the week answers virtually every comment or question raised during that week, so if you have questions about the workout or just want some support, you get some of that. After the week is over, though, that conversation ends.