Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-17-16, 09:47 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorajc View Post
Great....I can't sign up for that Live Fit site....I can't get the verification email.....I went in my spam blocker and put their website in there but it's still not coming!!!
Oh, they are super nice -- I'm sure they'll help you get it figured out in good time -- I hope so!
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-16, 05:52 AM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorajc View Post
Great....I can't sign up for that Live Fit site....I can't get the verification email.....I went in my spam blocker and put their website in there but it's still not coming!!!
I'm so sorry to hear this. I have awful email and internet and I was able to get through the process. Hopefully your issue is fixed quickly. Try this email address: jason@livefitrevolution.org

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-16, 08:31 AM  
imhere2dance

Richard Simmons' Project HOPE is super cheap on Amazon.
imhere2dance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-16, 04:02 AM  
Lannette

lorajc, were you able to access the site? I put rudimentary reviews of the first two workouts on my blog. If you checked them out what did you think?

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-16, 08:26 AM  
eam531
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Beckwith View Post
I think they were talking about P90, not P90X. Also different from Power 90.
The title of the post says "What Are More Beg/Intermediate Rotation Programs". I mentioned the original and new P90 programs first, and then mentioned doing a P90X halfsies routine and subbing kundalini yoga (which I know lorajc already does) for the 90 minute P90X yoga routine. In no way did I mean to imply that P90X is for beginners, but an intermediate could do the program, modifying it as necessary.

To Lorajc--you say you have many, many individual workouts and workout programs. What is the reason you don't create your own program from the workouts you have and do it for a set period of time, or simply choose one of the programs you have and do it for a set period of time? I don't think any one program is the magic bullet, but consistency is.

There is no way of telling people they are all walking around shining like the sun--Thomas Merton

People have done all kinds of remarkable things because they thought they could. People routinely fail to do quite ordinary things because they assume they can't--Reinhard Engels

Stay gold, Ponyboy--S.E. Hinton

Pick up your crazy heart and give it one more try--Ryan Bingham

Disclosure: I have a personal relationship with a fitness instructor who has appeared in some videos.
eam531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-16, 05:05 PM  
lorajc

Karen....I don't like creating programs myself...as I'm not a professional and I strongly believe that rotations should be laid out by someone that understands the body and particular programs. I've been going along all of this time just being consistent and working out every day and am not seeing results....now granted...I have injuries and am getting older....so maybe I'm expecting too much....but I at least want to try it.....also intermediate programs are fine...even int...adv....as I am used to modifying. Thanks everyone
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-16, 10:03 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eam531 View Post
... I don't think any one program is the magic bullet, but consistency is.
Consistency is The Golden Rule of Fitness.

Lora, I can't find a rotation I like. I recently bought Cathe's so-called "intermediate" I.C.E set and didn't like it. I bought P90X3 and really didn't like it. I am low intermediate currently and both sets had modifying exercisers that were about useless.

Still, I carry on and have a boring, set rotation that I do with favorite workouts.

Having no shame I will suggest to you, for probably the hundredth time, the Look Great in Eight Rotation.

http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=104923

The schedule is very flexible. You can plug in your favorite workouts and work around any issues/injuries that you have. The program is well though out and I guarantee that you WILL get results if you combine the program with a sensible eating plan.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-16, 10:17 AM  
buffmama

An oldie: Barry's Bootcamp might be worth looking at. Short workouts, upper/lower body slips with separate ab work. Alternating cardio and strength with a band (you can always sub weights) and I believe they show modifications. I haven't done it in a while, but I wasn't in the shape I'm in now back then and didn't dread it.
buffmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-16, 09:14 PM  
rheash92

Does the new P90 have high impact moves like burpees?
rheash92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-16, 02:05 PM  
tamib

I've only done the first 2 months of P90 and there are sprawls and some jumping lunges you can modify down, there's been a few other jump moves but I just step them out instead of making a jump.

Tammy
tamib is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beginner rotations, beginner workouts, met-rx, met-rx 180