Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-12, 11:53 AM  
CharM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorajc View Post
… I just got in another bad car accident after being in one just a month or so ago.....having some TRUE bad karma!! please pray for me or put some good Karma out in the Universe for me!!
I'm sorry to hear about your accident, I hope it doesn't put you out of commission for too long. Let your body recover, the workouts can wait. Take care!
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-12, 07:10 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Oh my, I hope you feel better soon lorajc!

I bit the bullet and ordered this set on Monday and it was delivered on Wednesday! They ship out of CT, so if you're East Coast you'll get it right away. I decided to order before the end of the month so I could use the $25 coupon and save on shipping.

As others have said, it's nicely packaged and the reading materials are equal or better than P90X. You get a nice workout guide that details the workouts, a couple of rotations, and individual pictures of each exercise with explanations. The food guide is very detailed as well....with recipes and a shopping list. It's your basic body builder diet (that's all I'll say because of our rules). Then you have this very nice journal to write your workout information in, with two pages for each workout which has all the exercises on that dvd and a place to put reps/weights. The level of detail paid to these materials is GREAT!

I've previewed the Cardio Tactics dvd (which has two 32-33 minute workouts). The first is a easier and has more low impact moves but you can definitely modify up or down on both workouts. It looks like there is someone doing a more low impact version of every move. The format is circuits of athletic moves.

The only other discs I've previewed are the first phase "Conditioning" which has three total body circuits. They're all about 55 minutes in length (but you could easily cut out a round to make it shorter). Workout 1 is just weights, workout 2 is weights with lots of moves using the stability ball, and workout 3 uses the stability ball (alot less than workout 2) with weights. The moves are very straight forward weight lifting moves and Frank Sepe moves at a very nice pace (not too fast like Supreme 90 but not so slow that you fall asleep).

Overall, I think this is a very well thought out "solid" set. It has everything you need...plenty of weightlifting, some good cardio, and very thorough "diet" guidance. I can't comment on the music because I don't remember what it's like but it wasn't distracting! There is always a woman using the band for resistance so it would make a good travel workout (you'd just have to take a deflated stability ball and the band).

I'll add more details as I preview and do some of the workouts. Oh, and guess who was a background exerciser in some of the workouts? Teri Ann Krefting (sp?) from Exercise TV and Jillian's Body Revolution!

Kathy G
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-12, 09:07 AM  
IrishOT

Kathy- Did you have to pay tax on your set?

Also looking forward to more reviews/info as you get a chance to pre-view the workouts!
IrishOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-12, 09:20 AM  
katmom

No pressure, Kathy, but inquring minds need to know whether to buy this set.
Old 06-15-12, 09:41 AM  
mrsyancy

thx for that kathyg.....i like straight forward weightlifting and cardio.....i like complex choreography also, but sometimes i just don't want to think that hard.....lol.....i'm going to get this one before the end of the month also, so i can take advantage of the new price drop and the 25 off coupon
mrsyancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-12, 12:05 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Two questions:

How is the system shipped? (UPS, FedEx, USPS?)

Could anyone post a breakdown of just one weight workout?

Thanks!

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-12, 01:56 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

So, since I ended up trading JNL, I decided I could buy this I couldn't resist with Frank Sepe as the lead instructor! I knew resistance was futile!
Old 06-17-12, 02:31 PM  
Getfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorajc View Post
oh....and I'm really pissed about the price drop. I might email them. Also, I know for a fact that the first Total Body is 1 hour (55") and that the cardio's are 30" each. More to come.
I contacted them and they credited my account by $30 just by 1 simple email. I am very happy with the customer service.

I can't comment on the workouts because I loaned my set out for 6 weeks since I am on a JNL fusion rotation. I did the kickboxing workout before I loaned the set out and it was meh.
Old 06-18-12, 03:18 PM  
Lexy
VF Supporter

Still no more info on this set? I'm kinda interested but really need to hear, like Gibbee, what any one dvd entails - by exercise. And are we sure most of the dvds are 55 minutes long?
Lexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-12, 03:23 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

I can't wait till I get mine. I really want to do another Butt Bible rotation, but I'm trying to wait until these come before I decide for sure. I will try to at least do a breakdown based on previewing when these get here

Tags
breakdowns, frank sepe, met-rx, met-rx 180, www.metrx180.com