Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-10, 01:34 PM  
ronnee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateTT View Post
Wow! I never knew that hidden premix was there!
I just did 30 Min KB today too. I did the 53 min total mix (or whatever its called). FUN!
Do you have any idea how long that 2nd Ab mix is?
I know, I found it by chance! I think the 2nd one is about 41 mins because the 2nd kickboxing segment is a bit shorter. The ab work is a good add-on because the 1st five mins of it is standing and has a cardio effect. Thus, with the premix, you get a few more mins of cardio too.

Enjoy!

Ronnee
ronnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-10, 01:50 PM  
Whimzee

Please tell me more about Kelly's 30 Min Kickboxing workout. Does she move as fast as Billy Blanks? Just can't keep up with him!
Whimzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-10, 03:21 PM  
juberann

Ronnee~ You are a TRUE VIDIOT because ONLY a true vidiot would find a hidden premix thanks for sharing,hon

Whimzee~ Kelly's kickboxing is quite different then Billy's TaeBo and I have done alot of TaeBo so I feel qualified to answer your question. Billy is very fast, that is so true Kelly's kickboxing also gets your heartrate up there with some fast movements but she is just way more controlled in her movements and there is ALWAYS wonderful Lauren, her modifier, that you can follow. Kelly also has a nice instructional section breaking down all the segments. None of the moves are difficult but it did take me a couple times through to get the entire routine down (but I am EXTREMELY "challeged" as far as choreography goes but I can do this).
This is by far my favorite kickboxing workout it's SO much fun to do, the music is great, Kelly is awesome at cuing and the time just flys by. Billy is way faster and less accurate in his counting then Kelly and Kelly also offers more variety in the moves (but still keeps everything very doable). I highly recommend this one if you are someone who enjoys kickboxing Hope this helps, hopefully someone else will chime in here and give their opinion
juberann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-10, 04:06 PM  
ronnee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by juberann View Post
Ronnee~ You are a TRUE VIDIOT because ONLY a true vidiot would find a hidden premix thanks for sharing,hon
You speak the truth! And when I found it I immediately thought about posting it here!
ronnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-10, 01:35 AM  
RedPanda

I'm getting quite the girl crush on Kelly!

Her DVDs really bring something fresh and different to the home workout market, and she has such an encouraging and genuine on-screen presence.

I spent ages yesterday checking out the clips for LIFT and it's on my wishlist. I've always secretly wanted to try out Olympic lifting, and I can see how Kelly makes it do-able and safe.

Of course, since Mr RedPanda is the one who picks things up from the PO box, I won't be able to smuggle a 30-pound Bodybar into the house... He always gets a workout lugging my fitness acquisitions home...
Old 08-26-10, 01:48 AM  
RedPanda

Chiming in on 30 Minutes to Fitness: Kickbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by juberann View Post
Whimzee~ Kelly's kickboxing is quite different then Billy's TaeBo and I have done alot of TaeBo so I feel qualified to answer your question. Billy is very fast, that is so true Kelly's kickboxing also gets your heartrate up there with some fast movements but she is just way more controlled in her movements and there is ALWAYS wonderful Lauren, her modifier, that you can follow. Kelly also has a nice instructional section breaking down all the segments. None of the moves are difficult but it did take me a couple times through to get the entire routine down (but I am EXTREMELY "challeged" as far as choreography goes but I can do this).
This is by far my favorite kickboxing workout it's SO much fun to do, the music is great, Kelly is awesome at cuing and the time just flys by. Billy is way faster and less accurate in his counting then Kelly and Kelly also offers more variety in the moves (but still keeps everything very doable). I highly recommend this one if you are someone who enjoys kickboxing Hope this helps, hopefully someone else will chime in here and give their opinion
I'm even more choreographically challenged than juberann (it took me more than a couple of times through to learn the routine) but it was time well spent, because I had a blast with this one!

I like Tae Bo too, but Kelly's moves are fresher and more innovative than Billy's; there are some unique moves on this DVD you won't find anywhere else. All the premixes make this DVD great value for money and the ab segment is great too.
Old 08-26-10, 08:48 AM  
htimpaired

I just discovered KCM this year (thanks to all the posts here about her!). I have Kickboxing, Body training and cardio blast and I love them all! I love that premix with the abs on kickboxing, and I never thought I'd love plyo but that premix on cardio blast with the plyo move in between each step segment is perfect for me. And I haven't measured but I think I lost inches with the standing body training (I am not a fan of floor work so I've only done the second workout once). I have muscle definition and circuit burn on my wishlist for my birthday this year, and I am toying with the idea of getting some of hte longer workouts like NYC.
htimpaired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-10, 08:54 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by htimpaired View Post
I am toying with the idea of getting some of hte longer workouts like NYC.
I highly recommend NYC. It has several shorter premixes too so it's a "must have" if you like Kelly.

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-10, 11:06 PM  
Elle Gee

Love Kelly! I have Cardio Blast, Bootcamp, Weights, And Lauren is the best....
Old 08-27-10, 03:33 AM  
juberann

Earlier, I did KickBoxing #1 with the Abs/Core workout and,until this thread, I had never even looked at this premix (thanks so,so much Ronnee). I LOVED IT!! I mean, truly enjoyed it,this workout is exactly what I would call prefect!! Kelly is a MASTER at standing abdominal work,the music was awesome. I can't believe I have had this gem in my collection for some time now and never once looked at that premix!!! DEFINITELY a workout I will use ALOT

Oh, and coming in at around 44 minutes makes it even MORE perfect!!
juberann is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kcm, kelly coffey meyer, kelly coffey-meyer