Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-10, 07:47 AM  
BarbK
VF Supporter

I did OL again - this time the 17 minute premix. I continued with 15lb bodybar for the warmup and then did 27.5 lbs for the rest since it was the first time using the premix. I'm glad to have all these little weights.

The first time I did it, my squats got so much better (low) by the end of the workout - exploding into that low position. This time with the premix, I was low almost right away. I not sure I'm getting up from the squat like Kelly.

I will do OL again this week and raise to 29 lbs.

I don't think I will ever do the 30 minute w/o again.

BearCat - I did one of Leah's 15 minute w/os afterwards - I would love if I the 17 minute premix would be it for the day. Maybe once I go heavier, it will be enough.
BarbK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-10, 07:59 AM  
counterclockwise

I am definitely trying OL tonight! I think I will play with the tutorial a bit, and then try the short workout w/my 9 lb. Firm sculpting stick. Can't wait to go heavier, but I will work on the moves w/the lighter weight for a while. Thanks for all the comments!
counterclockwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-10, 01:45 PM  
Buffgirl

Olympic Lifting

I have done this workout twice, the first time with a 39 pund bar, and the secong time with a 34 pound bar, the whole workout, I feel it! Once you get the form, is a great workout! I like different, the same thing bores me to tears, and I love to lift.
Buffgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-10, 01:47 PM  
bearcatfan

So, any thoughts as to whether you can use this after a "regular" lifting day? Or should it be treated as a lifting day, with a nonlifting day before/after?

I really like it. I'm just not sure where to put it.
Old 08-17-10, 01:56 PM  
Buffgirl

I am using it like Jari's rotation, that I got great resuls!

I did OL, Body Refiner, and Insanity Cardio (Month one)
Circuit Burn both workouts 59 minutes. This gave my muscles a real good burn and is cardio at the same time. Today is either a walk, easier cardio or off.

Last year I did a Jari Rotation and got great resutls.
Ripped 1000
Ripped & Chiseled
Easy cardio or off
Repeat, in one month I could see the difference, it gave me better results than Insanity, STS and P90X
Buffgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-10, 02:18 PM  
Patti S.
VF Supporter

I liked LIFT and frankly I'm surprised to see so many of them on the Exchange! My thighs still hurt after 2 days. I know it's not the most fun workout ever, but boy it really gets you!

Also very much enjoyed PowerSculpt....lots of unusual exercises that I haven't seen before.
Old 08-17-10, 07:40 PM  
counterclockwise

Ok, I just did the OL workout and Quick Body Refiner. I did OL w/my Troy BB w/2 5 lb. plates. I really liked it, except for the wrists bending backwards like that. I had the BB on my shoulders, but my wrists (they were bothering me last week) just don't like being bent backwards like that so much even w/no weight on them. So here's what I'm thinking - instead of resting it on my shoulders, I'll just hold it at that level or catch it at that level, wrists straight, BB not on my shoulders at all - like at the bottom of a military press. I am thinking powerlifters catch the BB on their shoulders b/c their weight is usually so high and they can't really hold it like I'm talking about. But I think for a weight 30 lb. or under, I should be fine. Any thoughts?

Ok, after Quick Body Refiner, I know how strong Coffey is now. I tried to do that roll-out thing with the barbell where your body goes all the way down to the floor and you come back up. Yeah um, went down, did NOT come back up. At all. And she did a bunch of them. Put me in my place, lol.
counterclockwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-10, 08:14 PM  
sammycakes

I did the 17 minute premix with my barbell at 35 lbs...it was challenging, and even fun for me! Don't know if I will ache from it or not - I just got done a few hours ago!
sammycakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-10, 08:21 PM  
cathgpo
VF Supporter

I did Power Sculpting last night. And I think I love it just as much as Olympic Lifting. I think I'll have to do the OL 17 min. premix followed by Power Sculpting each time or else I'll be sad to miss out on one. Tons of core activation in the compound moves. Her work always makes me feel strong!

cathgpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-10, 06:34 PM  
mtnmom

I did Olympic Lifting this morning, starting with the tutorial. Using a 22lb barbell, I worked up quite a sweat. It's not a party in a box and I'll probably go directly to the 17-min premix next time and up my barbell to 25 or 30lbs. I give Kudos to Kelly for trying something new in media workouts (just like I give her credit for her Plyo workout).

If the DVD contained two Olympic lifting workouts, I wouldn't purchase it. PowerSculpt is a true winner though, as is Body Refining.

Tags
30 minutes to fitness, circuit burn, kcm, kelly coffey meyer, kelly coffey-meyer, l.i.f.t, lift, weights