Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-31-10, 05:02 PM  
Hilary

So if I wanted to try Kelly Coffey-Meyer ....?

I have none of her workouts! Up to now, I've stayed pretty strictly with Cathe and the Firm/FitPrime/Tracie. I could really use a few new aerobics workouts. I enjoy step if the choreography isn't too hard (not any harder than Cathe) and kickboxing if it isn't too complicated. I love Cathe's older step workouts, but I'm getting tired of them. Any suggestions?
Hilary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-10, 05:27 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Kelly's 30 Minutes to fitness Cardio Blast has a 30 minute step workout that is reasonably easy to follow. The other workout on that disc is a plyometric workout. I really like the step/plyo premix-the plyo routine on its own is a little too much high impact for me since there are no breaks from the jumping.
Kelly has two step-boxing workouts. The first one is very fast and hard to follow. Her second one has a tutorial and after following the tutorial and doing the workout a few times I got the steps for it ( I am challenged in that department. ) I think it is a good fun workout but others disagree. The music is bizarre(one of the tunes sounds like an insane chicken but I kind of like it..)

Her 30 minutes to fitness kickboxing also has a tutorial but the workout itself is not cued well IMO and I find it hard to follow. If you want to try it PM me and I can mail it to you to try if you promise to return it.

Leslie
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-10, 03:32 AM  
bearcatfan

I agree with Cardio Blast. A lot of workout for your money.

You might also want to try the 30 Minute Bootcamp workout, bootcamp cardio premix only.

Actually, the only 30 Minute I haven't gotten into is the kickboxing one, and that's because I'm not so much into kickboxing anymore. They are all pretty good!
Old 08-01-10, 04:56 AM  
CarlaShanti

I LOVE the plyo workout on Cardio Blast. It's one of my favourite workouts ever. I love the pace. I never feel like I'm working harder than I ought to, there are plenty of rests, and yet at the end, I'm totally sweaty. And it's only a half hour. I like the step workout, too, but it is not easy, feels a little clunky because, as Kelly says, she's no dancer. It's better than Ready, Step, Go, though, where all that tapping really got on my nerves.
CarlaShanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-10, 08:11 AM  
Lurdes
VF Supporter

Hilary, just to warn you that I also love Cathe/Firm/Fitprime and I have yet to warm up to a single KCM workout. First, she is not a good cuer - she cues on the move rather than before it. Even worse, she often has the music going really loud right at the point that she's teaching a new move, so you pretty much have to get the move by watching her and memorizing for next time. I almost sprained my ankle once stumbling around on my step because I couldn't make out what the heck she was doing. (Just for comparison, I did learn to do Cathe's HIS on 4DS after about 3 tries.) And to say KCM is no dancer is certainly accurate - if you're used to Cathe and especially the Firm/Fitprime women who move with a certain amount of grace, you'll find a real difference with KCM. I own about a half dozen of her DVDs but I don't think I've ever done any of them more than once.

Lurdes
Lurdes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-10, 08:29 AM  
JP44

I agree she's not a great cuer, but I really like her Bootcamp & Kickboxing workotus.

The Kickboxing one takes a couple of attempts to get down, but it's really fun and has lots of kicking! At some point in the future, maybe Kelly will learn to cue the type of punch ("cross', "jab") rather than just say "punch", but the choreo isn't dancy and it's a nice sweatfest.

Bootcamp has a lot of creative moves in the both the cardio & weight work.

You might try Netflix to sample some of her workouts.

Joan (JP44)
JP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-10, 08:48 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I love Kelly, but I tried one of her Step-Boxing workouts (I'm not sure if it was the 1st or the 2nd--I think the 2nd, which was supposed to be easier!), and I couldn't follow it AT ALL. I am a bit of a klutz when it comes to cardio choreography, but still, I was totally lost.

On the other hand, I her 30 Minutes to Fitness Kickboxing!!! I don't really find it the least bit difficult to follow (well, except for one jump-kick suquence in W/O #1 that always gets me, for some reason), and that's without watching the tutorial. And as Joan said, there's lots of kicking, which I especially love.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-10, 09:13 AM  
Mollie F.
VF Supporter

Hilary, thanks so much for posting this thread! I was checking out Collage to see what they had of Kelly's, and there were too many to make a choice.

I'm pretty visual in terms of learning new choreography, so I figure I'll be ok. But it's true, the older Cathes had good cueing--at least they did for me.
Old 08-01-10, 09:26 AM  
caligurl

you can't go wrong with any of KCM's 30 minutes to fitness workouts! they're so versatile and you really do get a great workout in a short time. i always do both for a longer workout and i like that a couple of them have really nice core add-ons!

while i love her step boxing workouts i wouldn't recommend them as the first ones you try as they are really fast!

for a really nice full body weight workout try New You Coming (NYC)... one of my favorites!

i don't have a problem with her cuing... she's no worse than cathe in her newer workouts... so you should be fine there....
it is NOT against the rules to say DIET on this forum!
-----
"VFers have a right to post negative opinions about an instructor,
and there is not a limit on the number of times they do so".
- WWWendy

-----
"...no matter how unpopular you perceive your opinion to be, we guarantee you
are not the only one here who holds that opinion, and you should feel free to express it."
- WWWendy via forum guidelines
caligurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-10, 09:38 AM  
GMonkey

I really like her 30 min kickbox and boot camp. It did take me a little bit to click with the kickbox, but I'm really glad that I stuck with it, because now it's one of my favorites. Boot camp is not at all difficult to get the moves, and it's easy to modify to make it more or less intense according to your own fitness needs.
GMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
30 minutes to fitness, kcm, kelly coffey meyer, kelly coffey-meyer