Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-15-09, 12:47 PM  
TinaT

Just for the record...I do hope they are all we are hoping them to be. I will wait until all of you who have already ordered, give reviews/opinions. I usually wait on purchases anyway so it's not like I'm denying myself anything. I'm just putting it off for a bit.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-09, 12:50 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaT
Just for the record...I do hope they are all we are hoping them to be. I will wait until all of you who have already ordered, give reviews/opinions. I usually wait on purchases anyway so it's not like I'm denying myself anything. I'm just putting it off for a bit.
Probably a very wise move, Tina. (From someone who caved, lol)
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-09, 12:53 PM  
lindseylu8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star
At that price it would almost have to be all on 1 disc, wouldn't it?
we can hope! Also this would allow an option for a seperate w/u and c/d section and a blender option? We can hope, right!

You can find a link to my fitness blog in my profile
lindseylu8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-09, 01:05 PM  
Non-Dancer

The description for this product at QVC is "Stephanie Huckabee's PowerFit Total Body 5 DVD Workout." When she discusses PowerFit on her blog, she refers to DVD1 and DVD2, etc. I don't think there's any doubt that all the workouts are NOT on one DVD.
Non-Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-09, 01:14 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

the qvc picture shows 5 discs. 20x5 = 100. if they were all on 1 disc and programmable, i would not hesitate to buy this.

the other thing is - if it's just stephanie doing the workouts with no cast, would i be bored? the youtube clip is the same clip as they show on her site, and you see 2 other cast members, but it's not a guarantee that WYSIWYG.

take Power 90 for example. the clips they used to show in the early days shows this cool industrial set w/techno music, but the workout itself was just tony and 2 cast members in a white room w/no music.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-09, 01:30 PM  
ko09
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar
the qvc picture shows 5 discs. 20x5 = 100. if they were all on 1 disc and programmable, i would not hesitate to buy this.

the other thing is - if it's just stephanie doing the workouts with no cast, would i be bored? the youtube clip is the same clip as they show on her site, and you see 2 other cast members, but it's not a guarantee that WYSIWYG.

take Power 90 for example. the clips they used to show in the early days shows this cool industrial set w/techno music, but the workout itself was just tony and 2 cast members in a white room w/no music.

I don't think Stephanie would do something sneaky and mislead us with what the workouts look like. The clips look like like the actual DVD footage. The pics are also from the DVDs and show background exercisers. The set does look boring but looks the same as most videos these days (Jillian Michaels, Shape, etc..)

I don't mind if they come on separate discs, I think if they were all on one some people would complain about that too. It's easier to trade away any workouts you don't like from the set this way. You can always put them on one disc using the computer.
ko09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-09, 02:03 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ko09
The clips look like like the actual DVD footage.
did she say this in her blog? i haven't read her blog. if so, great.

in this day and age, if you bother to put a clip anywhere, you want the customer to have a clear picture of what they'll be buying. when you click on each of the 5 clip links on her site, they're the exact same thing, and she's just talking in general about the workout.

i'm sorry if i'm bursting everyone's bubbles, but i like stephanie - have always liked her even when she was stephanie corley from the classic firm days. she was one of the few firm instructors who posted on the very old firm forum. and she's doing the vidiots a huge favor offering it to us on qvc at a great price.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-09, 02:03 PM  
lindseylu8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar
...the other thing is - if it's just stephanie doing the workouts with no cast, would i be bored? the youtube clip is the same clip as they show on her site, and you see 2 other cast members, but it's not a guarantee that WYSIWYG. ...
the pictures she has on facebook have 2 b/g exercisers. One of them is the blondish gal from Jillians new w/o's. Since they are pro b/g exercisers Im sure those are pics from her new w/o's...

You can find a link to my fitness blog in my profile
lindseylu8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-09, 02:25 PM  
Gymmie

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvil
Actually, I would like them much more if they did NOT include a warmup and cooldown within the 20 min., so I could have the option of stringing together 2 or even 3 segments without wasting time. I prefer doing my own stretch at the end anyway.
I'm the same way as well. For something like this I would do as an "add on" and skip the other warm ups/cool downs.
“Think about Corey. Right at the finish line and his body gave up after one mile. You’re looking at yourself and if you have 100 plus pounds to lose, your body wants to be healthy.”--Bob Harper on Contestant Corey Pinkerton TBL10

DISCLOSURE: I had a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.

Beachbody Coach
Gymmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-09, 02:41 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Interesting about the WU and CD. My motto is always 'wWhy not just ask instead of speculating?' - which is what I'm going to go to Facebook and do.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
powerfit, stephanie huckabee