Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-09, 07:43 PM  
pattyr

I am really enjoying these now that I'm using a heavier band. I did Legs & Shoulders tonight followed by Tracy Anderson Dance Aerobics and I feel like I had a fantastic workout.

Stephanie's short workouts are nice to do before Dance Aerobics since DA has no warm up.
Old 05-02-09, 07:47 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I really like these, and I can feel that I'm being worked (deceptively so!) But, I've also been adding more cardio into the mix or sometimes doubling up on the workouts (either doing it twice or tacking something else on!) I've pulled out some FIRM workouts that I haven't used in ages. It's made the variety so nice, to mix and match whatever I want!

I hope Stephanie does more workout in the future! She's really great!

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-09, 03:47 PM  
PLS

Today I did the Triceps & Chest wkt with my bosu for added challenge and for anyone who wants to make these workouts hard add a bosu, balance disc, bongo board, air balance disc, you could even use a big fluffy pillow. I have 2 bosu's and on the kneeling kickbacks I balanced with one knee on one bosu and my hand on the other. It worked great, and on the supine work I elevated my feet/heals on the bosu and bridged for ALL of the arm work. I was pleasantly surprised at how much harder you can make these by adding a balance tool. It would be great if she did future workouts and had a modifier using balance tools for added challenge. But everything on this workout was transferrable to the bosu. Penny
PLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-09, 04:01 PM  
smileyface

I really love these!
I'm glad you changed your mind about them, juberann, because I like to see Stephanie's efforts supported. I think she's the type who will listen to her audience and will give us more advanced workouts in the future.
Honestly, I was so tired of being exhausted and worn out after a workout. I'm looking forward to exercise again, because I know that I won't be a worthless puddle on the floor afterward. I actually feel my muscles the next day, so I know they're working...so no complaints here!
smileyface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-09, 04:10 PM  
juberann

smileyface~ I totally support Stephanie,just love her! and,I agree with you,she is one to listen to us regarding some more advanced workouts in the future.
I share your "pain",I understand the exhaustion thing about working out. Now that I am in perimenopause, my body reacts so differently to cardio exercise,it has taken me awhile to admit it to myself but there are times I just need to take it slower or risk dragging through my day craving a nap because my workout that morning just sapped me. So I think Stephanie's workouts are perfect for busy moms AND perimenopausal women (and I am currently both at this stage in my life). Judy
juberann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-09, 08:12 AM  
cjo42a

Quote:
Originally Posted by juberann View Post
smileyface~ I totally support Stephanie,just love her! and,I agree with you,she is one to listen to us regarding some more advanced workouts in the future.
I share your "pain",I understand the exhaustion thing about working out. Now that I am in perimenopause, my body reacts so differently to cardio exercise,it has taken me awhile to admit it to myself but there are times I just need to take it slower or risk dragging through my day craving a nap because my workout that morning just sapped me. So I think Stephanie's workouts are perfect for busy moms AND perimenopausal women (and I am currently both at this stage in my life). Judy
Amen Judy. I share that. I'm loving these workouts - I'm struggling with anemia and it is just so satisfying right now to *finish* something and get a week's rotation done. Prior to this I was unable to do the new Kathy Smith rotation. I am sticking with these until I get my iron up again and start to feel more normal.
Old 05-07-09, 05:09 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

These are also nice for when I haven't slept too well the night before. Short and sweet is what I need for those kind of days! :-)

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-09, 02:37 PM  
pharma_gal

I got this through a trade and tried them. One of the disks was slightlyy faulty and I had to keep ejectin it out and putting it back in, but it worked finally.

I love Stephanie. Her Firm BSS3 workout was my first video workout ever and I love her since then. I used the band that came with the set since I wanted to try that one out first. The WO's are definitely short and after your done you dont feel like that part has had enough work. But nonetheless I loved the workouts and Im so glad to find it at this time. I was going to start an STS rotation but just found out that I have to have surgery next week and these will be perfect for after that to get back into working out till I can gather enough strenght to do STS again.

These will be perfect for travel too and all those days when I need something easier. I hope Steph continues to make more workouts!

R.
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-09, 02:42 PM  
Donna D

Collage how has PowerFit in stock.
Donna D is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
powerfit, stephanie huckabee