Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-29-13, 12:13 PM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

I'm in Phase 2 starting week 6 of the program. I've gone down about a half a size. I was a snug size 10 and now I can fit comfortably in them plus I've also fit back into some "loose" size 8's. Weight has stayed about the same but my bodyfat has gone down a bit (muffin top has deflated some, lol).

I'm not following the diet plan (but just making better choices). I also don't do the RAMP (warm up) and only do the foam rolling when I have some exta time. I usually warm up with a Cathe dvd warm up then do the "workout only" option on the dvd. I'm also still running a couple of days a week and doing the weekly metabolic workout.

I really like this program alot! The phases are getting more challenging as they progress and Rachel is great at giving form pointers.

Kathy
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-13, 01:36 PM  
4leftlimbs

Like a few of you here, I'm also in Phase 2 (started Week 7 yesterday). I didn't weigh myself nor took measurements, but I do feel more muscular and "tighter." I do feel like I fit a bit better in my clothes. And this is without changing my eating habits (for the most part), which needs a lot of cleaning up.

I really like this program. I did feel slightly bored when I did the last workout for Week 6 (Phase 2, Strength 2), but I think it was just temporary (hopefully!). I like that it's not rushed (except for the foam rolling segment, which I did for the first time yesterday). It reminds me that I can still get a good workout without feeling like I have to quickly jump from one move to another. This has made me even more aware of choosing workouts in the future that are more suitable paced for me.

One the days that I'm not doing D2S, I'm doing yoga, although I may end up doing videos that focus more specifically on stretching or therapeutic exercises for my knees and shoulders (and neck and lower back). I've never had the strongest knees, and I've had to used lighter weights when doing weighted squats during D2S.

Foam rolling is also something I'd like to do more.
4leftlimbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-13, 05:33 PM  
pgun3

thanks for all the info everyone!!
pgun3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-13, 09:05 PM  
kat41

De-lurking here. I have the DVDs on the way, but I'm not sure about the schedule. I take a Zumba class on Monday and Wednesday evenings and Saturday morning. I want to do D2S on Monday, Wednesday, Friday. Would it be overtraining to do the Strength on Monday and Wednesday morning and Zumba in the evening? Where would the Metabolic workouts fit in?

Thanks.
kat41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-13, 09:15 PM  
yahoo205

i would be so happy to drop 2 sizes at the end of this rotation. I'm on phase 1 week 3. I would love if rachel cosgrove put an even more advanced strength program together (drop 3 sizes). i admit, sometimes i get a little bored with the third set. Also, I think the cardio metabolic conditioning workouts and finishers could have been more creative but I'm just on phase 1 so that may change.

I am also doing tracy anderson continuity year 1 omni muscular structure 5x/week. basically, very little cardio, but hopefully i'll see some good results.

What is the recommended eating program with drop 2 sizes?
yahoo205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-13, 09:55 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahoo205 View Post
i would be so happy to drop 2 sizes at the end of this rotation. I'm on phase 1 week 3. I would love if rachel cosgrove put an even more advanced strength program together (drop 3 sizes). i admit, sometimes i get a little bored with the third set. Also, I think the cardio metabolic conditioning workouts and finishers could have been more creative but I'm just on phase 1 so that may change.

I am also doing tracy anderson continuity year 1 omni muscular structure 5x/week. basically, very little cardio, but hopefully i'll see some good results.

What is the recommended eating program with drop 2 sizes?
I'm following (mostly) the diet in the book. It's whole foods, lots of veggies and fruit, whole grains. There are also supplements but I don't take them, and while she recommends a protein shake every day as an afternoon snack, I usually substitute plain yogurt and fresh fruit.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-13, 05:04 AM  
kathym
VF Supporter

I have been using this set for about 7 weeks but travel a bit so need to play catch up some weeks by re-doing a week. I am almost to the 4th week. I find the ramp and foam rolling a bit repetitive as they are used for all weeks. However... that being said this is probably the set that has worked the best for me thus far so I will keep going. People at work have noticed that I look slimmer and my clothes seem less snug. I notice that I feel stronger and have more flexibility in my low back and hips which I am guessing is due to the RAMP and foam rolling. My goal is to lose body fat and I feel like this is working for me. I tried Jillian and quit after the first cycle as I was not noticing changes as much as I was enjoying the 30 minute workouts. The metabolic workouts are short and the movement fairly controlled so I like these thus far as well. I modify by putting my hands on the step when doing burpees and this works well. Rachel also shows modifications for most moves. I have started by lifting about 8-12 pounds.
I love the rotational moves and the control used with the weights. Hoping that Rachel puts out another set after this one!!!!!
Old 07-30-13, 09:58 AM  
shaka02

Sorry, I can't really give advice on how to mix in other workouts, as I didn't mix any in.

kathym, I travel a lot too. During the 12 weeks, I had frequent 3 day interruptions due to travel for work. I also had one 4 day interruption for a fun trip. A few times I did a RAMP + metabolic type workout in the hotel room. When traveling, I ate as best I could given the sometimes limited choices.

I read (I think in the book) that it is OK to 2 strength workouts on back-to-back days (but never 3 in a row). The 2 in a row is how I handled the travel weeks - usually 2 back-to-back before I left and 2 back-to-back when I came home. I just kept track of the strength workouts and when I hit 3 I said that the "week" was done and when I hit 12 I said that the phase was done (even if it happened to be, say a Wednesday). I didn't repeat weeks due to travel. If I did, then I probably never would finish Any way, that's what worked for me.

Deb
shaka02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-13, 10:03 AM  
shaka02

On the protein shake - I workout in the AM. On workout days, I make a huge shake with whey protein, fruit and veggies. I drink half before my workout and half after my workout. I love these shakes. I probably couldn't have gotten my daily allotment of veggies without the shakes.

To make the shakes, I use the Nutribullet (big brother of Magic Bullet) which costs $80 with 20% off coupon at Bed,Bath,Beyond.

Anyway, thats what worked for me!

Deb
shaka02 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
d2s, drop 2 sizes, drop two sizes, rachel cosgrove