Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-17-11, 07:41 PM  
bigtree

Too many workouts in this series

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendy2 View Post
I don't really care about clips, though they are fun to see. But I know that I liked the STS workouts a lot more than I thought I would from only watching the clips.
ITA. I held off purchasing STS for years since the clips totally put me off but I absolutely love it.

Just have to say that although I'm a Cathe fan and pretty much only workout to her stuff, I can't help thinking that this new series contains too many workouts for the one project. Since it's called the low impact series, I don't understand why she's including yoga and barre when they're low impact anyway - she just should have made the series consist of all low impact high intensity advanced level cardio, then held off making yoga, barre and yet more weights workouts for future projects.
bigtree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-11, 07:58 PM  
Helen

I can understand why the yoga & barre are in there - to make the series able to be used for a complete rotation. You couldn't base a rotation only on high intensity low impact workouts, but adding in the yoga & barre means that a newbie to Cathe could get the new series & not require anything else. That makes sense to me as a business notion, she'd be wanting to continually attract new customers, not just maintain those she already has - but relating to the OP - having the clips would only benefit that aim.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-11, 09:33 AM  
counterclockwise

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffydogfan View Post
This is the perfect business plan. I wish I'd thought of it.

I get annoyed at how often SNM misses their deadlines, but I'm not sure if it's really annoyance or jealousy. If I missed my deadlines like that, I'd be out of a job. If I went to my boss and said that I was not going to make my deadline and that I had no idea when my project would be ready but I'd check in with him in two weeks to give him an update that it still isn't ready, I'd be in the unemployment line in a matter of seconds.
I wish I worked for SNM, where you have deadlines that you don't have to meet and there's no accountability for anything. It's always someone else's fault -- weather, injuries, replication process, yadda yadda. Plus, when you work for Cathe, you don't have to proofread what you write, and that sounds quite liberating.
I wonder if she's hiring.

Katie
Cracked me up!
counterclockwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-11, 09:34 AM  
counterclockwise

Debbie S., you are smokin' in that pic!
counterclockwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-11, 12:00 PM  
bee1forfitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by counterclockwise View Post
I agree and I'll like to add stunning as well !!!!
bee1forfitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-11, 03:08 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by counterclockwise View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bee1forfitness View Post
I agree and I'll like to add stunning as well !!!!
Thank you!
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-11, 04:15 PM  
Lurdes
VF Supporter

I don't think that the situation with respect to employees and SNM is comparable as far as deadlines go. The more apt comparison would be SNM and other businesses. From that perspective, SNM doesn't look that bad. For example, how delayed was the Droid Bionic? How often does a new iPhone come out later than promised? Has Microsoft ever been late on a software update? I still remember when Windows NT was nicknamed "Not There", because it was so delayed people began to suspect it didn't even really exist. I'm sure someone will point out that these companies don't ask for preorder money upfront, but firms like Apple, Motorola, or Microsoft need to do that given their vast reserves of cash. If even the biggest and most resourced companies are often late delivering a promised product, then I'm not that shocked that SNM would be a few weeks late too, especially when you take into account that they're a small business.

Lurdes
Lurdes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-11, 05:45 PM  
Artist of Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurdes View Post
I don't think that the situation with respect to employees and SNM is comparable as far as deadlines go. The more apt comparison would be SNM and other businesses. From that perspective, SNM doesn't look that bad. For example, how delayed was the Droid Bionic? How often does a new iPhone come out later than promised? Has Microsoft ever been late on a software update? I still remember when Windows NT was nicknamed "Not There", because it was so delayed people began to suspect it didn't even really exist. I'm sure someone will point out that these companies don't ask for preorder money upfront, but firms like Apple, Motorola, or Microsoft need to do that given their vast reserves of cash. If even the biggest and most resourced companies are often late delivering a promised product, then I'm not that shocked that SNM would be a few weeks late too, especially when you take into account that they're a small business.

Lurdes
Ah yes, and how many of those products have glitches galore?

But it is what it is. Why sweat the small stuff or the things you can't change? What good does griping do? They are only DVDs!

" We have to embrace who we are today. We have to say, this is me, and I can live a wonderful life today." FitBoop

"Walking is Man's Best Medicine for Life" Hippocrates

"Of all exercises walking is the best." Thomas Jefferson

"Thoughts come clearly while one walks." Thomas Mann
Artist of Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-11, 06:03 PM  
desderata

A couple of the workouts interested me based on the descriptions, but I won't order until there are many, long clips of the workouts or I am able to read reviews. Cathe's first foray into low impact was Low Max -- ugh. Her over reliance on lateral leg lifts and sculpt 7s and 15s led to a 65 min workout that felt like 3 hours. Unless she has substantially improved her ability to choreograph intense, low impact workouts without relying on a few tired old moves almost as filler, I won't get these.
desderata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-11, 09:07 AM  
turbo1

Quote:
Originally Posted by desderata View Post
A couple of the workouts interested me based on the descriptions, but I won't order until there are many, long clips of the workouts or I am able to read reviews. Cathe's first foray into low impact was Low Max -- ugh. Her over reliance on lateral leg lifts and sculpt 7s and 15s led to a 65 min workout that felt like 3 hours. Unless she has substantially improved her ability to choreograph intense, low impact workouts without relying on a few tired old moves almost as filler, I won't get these.
These are things I dislike about her cardio, but like someone else mentioned earlier, Cathe (all instructors really) have a certain style and this style isn't going to change. Knowing this I pre-ordered anyway and promised myself I would not get upset with if these turn out to be the same ol Cathe only Low Impact. I think it would be crazy of me to expect a big change (less boring) styles, but I recently pulled out some Intensity Series workouts and enjoyed them AND the music! So I do have some hope the cardio in the new series won't bore me out of my skull When I"ve been doing Amy Bento for as many yrs as I've done Cathe, I may find her boring too. At the moment I can't see that happening

I'm not really bothered by no more clips, I'm afraid I'll cancel without giving these a chance if I see clips. I came very close to cancelling when I saw the existing clip.

Tags
cathe, cathe low impact series, cathe preorder, cathe presale