Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-16-16, 05:13 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Beckwith View Post
I think it's part of the Classics DVDs - one of the four.
Yes, it is. Along with the Body Electric Workout, Forty and Fabulous and High Voltage. F and F and HV are among my favorite Margaret workouts along with Perfect 10 and Getting Better.

I agree with others though, the All My Bests are probably the best choice because you can see snippets of her various videos and decide which one you want to try.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-16, 12:39 PM  
gjv

I ordered sculpture. I've never bought a DVD from her. Hope I like It!
Old 09-17-16, 06:16 AM  
dbclark44

Yes, Home Improvement is on the Classics DVD. I just ordered Getting Better and Beauty to the Bone. 30% off is a big savings on her dvds.

Thanks for the tips ladies.

Rotations are an immunization against procrastination.
dbclark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-16, 08:38 PM  
videofit

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjv View Post
I ordered sculpture. I've never bought a DVD from her. Hope I like It!
You ordered her toughest one, in my opinion. Mainly because each muscle is worked five minutes instead of her usual three. Use lighter poundage than you normally use since the reps are endless.
Old 09-18-16, 06:24 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

I go back and forth on reacquiring Sculpture, had it and traded it away without even trying it. Honestly though the length and the dread factor has deterred me from getting it again. I think I am good!
Old 09-18-16, 10:22 AM  
gjv

Quote:
Originally Posted by videofit View Post
You ordered her toughest one, in my opinion. Mainly because each muscle is worked five minutes instead of her usual three. Use lighter poundage than you normally use since the reps are endless.
That sounds likeep a win for me! I will use lighter poundage, thanks for the tip!
Old 09-18-16, 01:44 PM  
videofit

I just realized last week, after having Beauty to the Bone for over a year even though I seldom did it, that I had only been doing one of the two workouts! Because of the similar background drapes, I thought it had an aerobic workout like Give Me Strength so never explored further. So I just got another new (to me) workout!
Old 09-19-16, 04:46 AM  
a_real_twit
VF Supporter

I love Good and Strong - very thorough, outdoors, intermediate level.
Old 09-22-16, 07:59 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by videofit View Post
I see she has another sale going on. If you had to choose between Perfect 10 and Good and Strong, which would you choose?

Also, does anybody have leg weights like Margaret uses? I think we've discussed before, but hers are pricey on the web site.

~Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-16, 08:06 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

I have Perfect 10, I like it but it's not talked about much. It has 4 different workouts that are around a half hour each. There are some unique exercises that haven't popped up in her other workouts, maybe that's why I like it.

I had Good N Strong years ago but traded it away. I have though about reacquiring it but it's a little long for me, probably why I haven't picked up Sculpture again either. I have two of the Unplugged DVDs which remind me of a shorter version of GNS without the music. I will probably just stick with those.

Hopefully others will chime in with their thoughts!

Tags
beauty to the bone, favorite margaret richard, getting better, margaret richard, triple threat