Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-21, 09:08 PM  
Leonana

YADeb, you’re welcome. I was a bit relieved also.
Old 04-19-21, 10:44 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I checked the Insight Timer Privacy Policy on their website. Many companies make them so difficult to read and full of ambiguous jargon.

https://insighttimer.com/privacy-policy

Just a few quotes:

"We do not sell or rent your personally identifiable information to third parties, in the traditional sense of the word “sell,” for their marketing purposes without your prior consent.
What exactly is the difference between "sell" and the "traditional sense of 'sell'?"

"We will only use your Health Data for the purposes of providing the App to you – for example by using it to tailor the type of content which you receive, or providing you with analytics about your wellbeing – or for scientific research (see section on Research Partners below)."
Scientific Research is sell.

"Furthermore, when we share your personal information with our Research Partners, we stipulate that they protect this data and do not use it for any other purpose than for scientific research and study. We take these relationships seriously and oblige all our Research Partners to sign contracts with us that clearly set out their commitment to respecting individual rights, their commitments to assisting us to help you exercise your rights as a data subject and that they have in place suitable technological and organisational measures so that your data is secure and protected. Our major Research Partners include a variety of universities and educational institutions."
In other words, you are a data subject.

I can't find any definitions of what is meant by "Sensitive" data.

Permit me my lack of confidence in this (or, most any) Privacy Policy. It is the way of the world.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-21, 12:00 PM  
Leonana

VF, thanks for the extra information, I'm afraid I skimmed it. I can understand the caution. To some extent, you have to trust them. And companies like FB really make it hard to do that.

Tags
big brother, calm app, data mining, insight timer, meditation app, privacy