Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-08-21, 10:26 AM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

Happy Thursday! No workout yet today, but I did a 30 min. walk and a bunch of stepping on Tuesday. My arm is still really sore.

Spring quarter started Monday, so I'm back to busy. I'm taking 7 credits this time, rather than the 10 credits I did during winter quarter. That was too much along with everything else I'm doing.

I'm scheduled for the Johnson & Johnson covid shot on Saturday. I'll be glad to get it over with.

Dana, I'm so glad you are enjoying Oliver! He sounds like a sweetheart.

[WAVES]

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-21, 05:32 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Yesterday was a Rest Day on the Fit Over 60 calendar and that's what I did. We did take the dogs for a short walk because it was so nice out when I got home from work.

Brenda - So glad you've got your vaccination scheduled!

Linda - I wondered if that was it after I posted. That is a tough exercise!

Donna - It doesn't really matter - 3 weeks, 4 weeks or 6 weeks. At least you are moving! That's more than most people are doing.

DS gets his second shot today. I figure I'll be waiting on him hand and foot tomorrow.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-21, 08:58 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday evening after work I got my walk in and this morning, so far, has been:

CS 1125 - I know I did this one recently b/c I remember seeing the lizard in the background. It was a standing and barre routine.

Blessful Body - Love Your Core Day 3 - these are short, 10-15 min routines.

It was a stretching/yoga day on the WS 1.0 rotation but I felt like doing CS b/c I'm so darn stiff.

I heard that an independent local pharmacy is getting a shipment of J&J vaccines, so I called to be put on their waiting list. Our Health Dept has Moderna - and I have been calling all morning and just getting a busy signal.

Oh well, maybe the end is in sight.

I am thinking about switching gears and doing the Sasa Fit workouts that Horsemom mentioned on GD. They have a free open house going until 4/18, no credit card required.

https://videos.sasafit.com/browse

I'm in the mood for something different and I also want to get back to CS -

Brenda - yay on the vaccine!

And yes, Carol, I think as long as we are doing something and enjoying ourselves that is all that matters.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-21, 06:41 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

GHUTV - Walk & Sculpt 4 - 45 minutes;
Jessica Valant Pilates - Full Body Stretching - 20 minutes

I felt kind of meh about the Walk & Sculpt workout. The structure was 5 minutes of fast walking and 5 minutes of strength work. The pace was a little faster than I like and the music seemed awfully quiet and I had a hard time keeping the beat. Oh well, can't win them all.

Jessica's stretch was nice.

I ended up returning Jessica Smith's Lift & Shift program. I'm sure it's a good program, it's just not for me right now. I felt kind of bad, but I wasn't using it and it made no sense to keep it.

Carol
Old 04-09-21, 07:58 PM  
fanofladyvols

Carol in theory, that 5 min of cardio and 5 min of sculpt should be like a Firm workout and sounds like it would be good. But you're right, they can't all be winners.

Donna I like the CS episodes that are standing and barre in structure the best. Even though I don't enjoy barre, the way Miranda does it isn't grueling to me.

Yesterday I ended up doing the joint Mobility segment of Annette Fletcher Stretch and joint Mobility therapy dvd I got in trade. I enjoyed it and will definitely try the other sections soon.

Today was more mobility before and after T25 Focus Beta Speed 2.0. There was a modifier for all the moves, never went to the floor nor do it have any burpees. The mountain climbers were standing versions. It was fun!

Brenda how's that arm?

Dana how about doing an Ellen? We could call it our Breezy Barrett Day!

Christine please check in when you can.

Hugs to all!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-21, 08:30 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Hi everyone!

Nothing for me today. I've had a couple of sleepless nights and I was tired, and as a result I've overslept this morning. I woke up late and had to literally spring out of bed and run to the office. I'm not sure what I'm going to do tomorrow.

Carol, is this Walk & Sculpt 4 new? I am not currently subscribing to GHUTV and I don't remember this workout.

Donna I read on another thread that you're getting your J&J vaccine on Monday? Good for you! Let us know how you feel afterwards. My second Pfizer vax is on Tuesday. I'm a bit apprehensive because I've always had some sort of side effects after every vaccine I ever had to take.

Linda, Ellen workout day sound so much better than Insanity! I don't subscribe to her but I have just about every DVD she'd ever released. I'm sure we can agree on something, and there is never any dread with Ellen.

Hi to Brenda, Christine and Cheri! Check in when you can.
Old 04-09-21, 11:15 PM  
fanofladyvols

Dana I don't subscribe either but I haven't tried Power Fusion or Grace and Gusto. I could be talked into trying either of those beginning this Sunday or any day next week that works for you?
Does either of those appeal to you?

Btw, anyone else wanna join for Breezy Barrett Day? You could choose to join us or just do some other Barrett?

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-21, 11:33 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Dana - I think the Walk & Sculpt 4 video was fairly new. I just remembered there being 3 of those called Walk & Sculpt. This one was led by Leah. Maybe you will luck out and your reaction/side effects won't be too bad. DS had his second one yesterday and he just feels a little under the weather, but not awful.

Linda - Really it was the softness of the music and not being able to consistently find the beat that bothered me. It wasn't a badly designed workout.

Donna - Woohoo! You got your shot scheduled. Has DH gotten his shot?

Waves ~

Carol
Old 04-10-21, 12:29 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Hi everyone!

Nothing yet but I'm looking at this new WH workout. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBkzXyiO_Og

Linda, I have both - Power Fusion and Grace and Gusto. I can do either one tomorrow (Sunday). Your choice.

Carol, this must be a new workout from GHUTV because I'm unfamiliar with it.

Donna, congrats on being able to score appointment for J&J vaccine. I'll be curious to hear what reaction, if any, you got from it.

Waves to all!
Old 04-10-21, 02:00 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

First, the good news - DH got his first Pfizer vaccine yesterday, he goes back on May 1st for the 2nd dose. I am scheduled for J&J on Monday at noon AND DD is going on Tuesday at 1:30 for hers. My DD is getting Pfizer b/c that is the only one approved for under 18 year olds. She'll be 18 in a few months. I'm so relieved to not have to think about this any longer!

Carol - how did your DS do w/ the 2nd dose? My DH is just complaining of a sore arm w/ the first dose. I think the 2nd dose is the doozy though....

Dana - I also react to vaccines, so i'm anticipating not feeling good late Monday/Tuesday...hopefully it won't be too bad.

Linda - I agree about Ellen vs. Insanity! LOL!

Brenda - I hope your arm is better.

On the workout front, today was:

Jessica Smith - Cardio Dance Sculpt from the Body Balance DVD (this was the alternate workout suggested for today in the Phase II rotation - the WS workout was Barefoot Fusion Sculpt, which is a good one, but I had done it last time it came up!)

CS 1126 - this was also standing and baree

Outdoor walk

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote