Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-08-21, 06:46 AM  
Cher

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnMrsDe View Post
Cher, When are you going to FL? I remember T2B asking if you were taking a trip in the spring a few months back. Will COVID have any set-backs for you? Did you receive your 2nd shot yet? I get mine next week. Good job with your Jenny Ford workouts this month. I bet that would be fun walking in different states, etc. while brushing up on your geography!
We are supposed to go May 1. I’m not too worried since we are staying at Disney and they seem to be enforcing their mask policy pretty well and doing temperature checks before getting into the parks. They tell you when you book that you have to wear a mask at all times around the resort hotels and in the parks except when eating, drinking, swimming, or in your room. They tell you if you don’t want to wear a mask, don’t come because they will tell you to put it on or leave. I’m not thrilled about wearing a mask all the time but at least feel safer knowing everyone has to. Since our trip got canceled last year we had airline tickets, park tickets, and since we have Disney Vacation Club, our points for rooms to use before they expire this year. Nobody wanted to refund anything.....just extended the expiration to fall of this year....so booked the trip back in November. On the plus side, since we have so many Vacation Club points, we are staying in a cabin on the lake at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge (not sure if you’re familiar with WL). Since it’s our own cabin, we won’t have to be walking around inside the hotel halls. Plus, it’s not like any cabin I go to up north! We have our own hot tub on the screened in porch of our cabin. I can see myself sitting in there with a drink after a long day at the parks!
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-21, 09:43 AM  
AnMrsDe

Cher, I'm sure Disney will be taking lots of precautions. I am very familiar with Wilderness - such a great place to stay, however, we didn't have a hot tub!! That sounds perfect getting your own cabin with an adult chilled beverage in hand while relaxing in the hot tub!!!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-21, 10:22 AM  
shoegoddess

AnMrsDe I did a full rotation of LIFT4 when it became available on the site a couple years ago. I gained strength and wanted to try it again but my workout TV is in my workout room with my bizillon DVDs. Staring at them I realized I didn't need to spend $99.

I'm not a typical grandma!

Body by Cathe, Chalene and Dr. Niccole
-Me

A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Well-behaved women seldom make history
-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...we are flexible like that
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:
http://forum.videofitness.com/pictur...&pictureid=230
shoegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-21, 03:12 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoegoddess View Post
AnMrsDe I did a full rotation of LIFT4 when it became available on the site a couple years ago. I gained strength and wanted to try it again but my workout TV is in my workout room with my bizillon DVDs. Staring at them I realized I didn't need to spend $99.
shoegoddess, Is Beachbody doing anything fun and new?

Today I did Cathe 4ds back and bicep premix, loved it. My family and I have been walking about 2 miles in the evenings. This is very manageable for me. I still have DOMS from a few days ago, but again, in the best way.

Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-21, 05:50 PM  
Dontmindthemess

Cher You must be looking forward to going away! I do hear that Disney is taking a lot of precautions and I’m sure you’ll enjoy that cabin. We stayed in Wilderness Lodge once when the kids were really little. It was a lot of fun. I really think that you would enjoy those CDornerFitness step workouts if you feel like doing a YouTube workout. Steady state and fun recognizable music, the two I did were very fun and really had me nostalgic for older workouts.

AnMrsDe I saw that you ordered Cathe’s new mat, I’m sure you’ll enjoy it. It’s nice to have all that room to move around on. It is tempting but I just treated myself to those fancy Bala wrist and ankle weights (with a coupon code) and I ordered Dvds from Mary’s sale. I’m trying to find workouts that won’t wipe me out on work days but still feel like a workout. And I want them to be fun too. I would have loved a couple of 80 degree days this early.

Bex Take care of your shoulder! I think a lot of YouTube instructors are shoulder heavy. I feel like Penny Barnshaw overworked my shoulders too. I would just sub biceps and triceps in when I could. I’m pretty sure I’ve done that Barlates bosu Abs workout. I remember liking it but Linda’s ab workouts are so hard! Even when my core was at its strongest they were challenging.

TB2 Extra is the perfect word for JNLs background exercisers! It’s a shame that they’re not a little more low key. Maybe I should just embrace the cheesiness but it’s hard for me. They’re really good and efficient 30 minute workouts for sure.

Beth Moving is a workout, physically and mentally. Ugh, it’s awful getting exposed to Covid, especially after getting the first dose. I always forget about 4DS, those dvds really have an impressive amount of premixes too! I like being a little sore too.

Waves to everyone!

Jane
Dontmindthemess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-21, 05:36 AM  
bex

Thanks for your concern AnMrsDe and Jane.

I feel dumb because I think it was the KB workout with all the snatches that really irritated my shoulder, and I really should have known better. I stupidly tried to keep up, even though I was swinging 8 kg and I usually do snatches with 6 kg. I remember thinking, I've gotten so much stronger!

(Shakes head)Pride goeth before the fall.

Cher I agree, the cabin sounds awesome. I really need a getaway, so have a drink for me...

Dontmindthemess you're reminding me that I love old fashioned step. Maybe I throw that in the mix while I'm giving my shoulder a break. Or follow ealakey and play with 4DS premixes. Everyone's workouts sound fun

Hope everyone's keeping well and looking forward to a good spring weekend. It's 18C and sunny in Shanghai.
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-21, 05:49 AM  
Cher

Jane, thanks, I will have to check out CDornerFitness Step workout. They sound fun! I’m always up for new step workouts to try!

Bex, I definitely will have that drink for you! . Hope your shoulder starts feeling better.

I also forgot to mention I got my vaccine 2 weeks ago and get my 2nd one April 20 and DH got the J&J one about a month ago so we should both be good with that before we go. (At least within a couple days for me). However, DS won’t be able to get his before we go so I’m a little stressed about that but overall I’m looking forward to our trip.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-21, 11:02 AM  
AnMrsDe

Cher, I concur with Jane re: Chris Doerner's step workouts - they are LOADS of fun, esp. the Fast Basic one Jane did recently. You may need to check out Chris' more advanced step workouts though since you catch on quick to advanced choreo! I hope we have NON reactions to our 2nd shot! (Mine is this Wed. and yours is the following Tues!).

Jane, I looked up those Bali wrist & ankle weights..they have some cute ones to choose from! How are you going to use them - in place of weighted gloves? Enjoy your Tracie L workouts!

bex,
No need to feel "dumb" b/c of an injury! We just now know what can happen when we overdo and don't listen to our bodies. Ha, I should take my own advice!!! But I wish I could find out what brings on my flare-ups besides the weather issues.//That Yvette Bosu class you did yesterday is SUPER fun!! I believe I did that one on Christmas day '20 and had a 600+ cal burn but that might've been the total calories burned of my workouts that day! Oh, the things we do in order to eat a little more!!! That class, however, didn't make it to the new site and I forget about it! Her BOSU classes are the BEST!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend! It has been raining here since early YESTERDAY morning! Ugh. My flowers, trees and yard, however, look spectacular!! So ready to see that sun again, though!!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-21, 01:06 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. Another week of work done, and I even walked on the treadmill once. Yesterday, I spent 4 hours packing the SAT test boxes, so today I am both exhausted and sore
AnMrsDe, it's awesome to have flowers in the spring. Ours are just coming up.
Cher, I'm looking forward to step workouts again - hopefully in the summer. I'm glad you got your vaccines.
bex, sorry about the sore shoulders
Jane, new fitness stuff is always a treat!
Beth, great job with the workouts and walking!
shoegoddess, I feel the same way about spending the $99.

Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-21, 02:26 PM  
shoegoddess

ealakey For me no. At least not $99 worth!

I'm not a typical grandma!

Body by Cathe, Chalene and Dr. Niccole
-Me

A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Well-behaved women seldom make history
-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...we are flexible like that
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:
http://forum.videofitness.com/pictur...&pictureid=230
shoegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
just the workouts