Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-21, 09:18 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today was:

Jessica Smith WS 1.0 - Prehab. So funny, when this set first came out I really couldn't see the value or point of this workout - it was too much for a rest day but not enough for a regular day - but now, how many years later - 4, 5? I see it has its purpose!

Trifecta Pilates - Core Small Ball Class - this was a short - 10 min - routine that uses a Pilates ball for instability. I enjoyed it. My subscription ends in a few days - i am probably going to cancel. I like the workouts and the calendar and all of that but it is pricey at $29/month and I'm in the middle of this WS 1.0 rotation that I am enjoying. If I were to do a Pilates focus - where Pilates was my main workout and everything else was a "side dish" I would probably stick with it - but right now I'm focusing on WS....and the price is too high for something I may add in 1-2 X per week. I swear, I think these instructors price themselves out of customers sometimes.

Pat - just love Ellen I am still having trouble sleeping, and I do notice that when it is grey outside or overcast that I sleep better.

Gypsy Rose - nice work on your house walks! I agree, seeing a Dr. is a good idea. My shoulder has been bugging me and I think it is from my computer mouse....

Summer Breeze - it rained here yesterday, but cleared up in time to walk in the evening. I hope that we can get out to walk today. I'm really on a walking streak right now - since last Friday's campus tour I have walked every day.

Waves, Christina...

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-21, 09:48 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

51 minute outdoor walk

They kept changing the forecast for when the rain was supposed to start yesterday so I finally just went for it. Of course it started raining during my walk but it wasn't too bad. I'm glad I went. I am planning a walk for today.

ROSE, great job with the house walking.
I always wonder how people do that. My house is fairly small and after about 4 or 5 minutes I'm like ok that's enough of that. But adding stairs and listening to some good music should help. Hope you get some answers at the dr appt.

PAT, good to see a visit with Ellen. If nothing else, I can *usually* talk myself into a walk.

DONNA, nice job walking every day, and of course Jessica and pilates.

I have a tentative appt for the moderna shot on April 15. I'm awaiting a confirmation email.

Hi CHRISTINA.

Have a great day!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-21, 07:52 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today, so far, has been:

Jessica WS 1.0 - Interval Mix. Definitely not my favorite, but I made it through and I'm glad I did. I may do it again when it comes up in the rotation or I may do a sub. I'm just not a big fan of mountain climbers and all that stuff. Other than that the other exercises were fine.

Jessica Valent - Herniated Disc routine - this has become one of my favorite "PT" workouts from Jessica. It does seem to hit everything for back health.

Yesterday DD and I were prepared to walk, but it got really blustery, rainy and even a little snowy - so we skipped. I'm ok with it - I spent the day cleaning closets and drawers. I took Thursday, Friday and Monday off - so I got some stuff done!

Hope everyone has a good day today!

Walking is probably on the agenda even though it is chilly - it is bright and sunny.

Summer Breeze - yay on the vaccine appointment. I just ranted about how disappointed I am in Maryland's efforts regarding the vaccine distribution. I was finally able to register to be notified of appointments, since they opened registration up to 16+ but it seems to be nearly impossible to find appointments.

Waves, everyone -

Donna
Old 04-02-21, 08:19 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all!!

Yesterday was:

54 minute outdoor walk

I'm hoping to get another walk done today.
I'm visiting with my sister and niece later but I should be able to fit it in. It's cold and windy today, winter has returned for a visit Somehow during my walk yesterday I tweaked my back! I was walking along minding my own business and I just felt it spasm up. It's still pretty sore today. I'm thinking it may be my footwear? I wore my skechers walking boots all winter no problem. Recently I've been wearing my walking shoes because it warmed up a tad but yesterday I went back to the walking boots because it was chilly. Maybe that could have triggered something. Ugh. So frustrating. I have to really look into some supportive cushiony walking shoes.

DONNA, you had me sneaking a peek at my WS 1.0 set. Your workouts always sound so good. Good luck with getting a vaccine appointment. It's been extremely hard getting one here too. I just became eligible on the 5th but I've been looking for a while in my county and they're always booked at the location I'm eligible for. The thing that helped is my county got a huge amount of J&J vaccines this week and a lot of people signed up for J&J (one shot only deal) so I think that left several moderna spots open.

Hi PAT, ROSE & CHRISTINA.

Have a great day!
Old 04-02-21, 09:04 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

TGIF! Good morning! Yesterday featured:

~ Completed Holden Qigong 03/22/21 with flows and meditation
~ LWR BRB Challenge Day 27, ten minute lower body on mat
~ 5,000 steps

I commented on Lucy's workout and asked if she would please create a playlist of her floor work videos. Fingers crossed. Now that I've completed that challenge I'll use more of my Belly Fits for a change.

Summer Breeze, so sorry to hear about your back. I hope it unkinks for you soon. Enjoy your visit!

Donna, I'm not a fan of mountain climbers either. I hope you can get your vaccination soon.

Good morning to Rose and Christina!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-21, 06:53 AM  
donnamp

Hi,

No workout to report yet this morning, Jessica's WS 1.0 total body is up, but I'm considering a substitute for today - there is a longer Trifecta Pilates workout I want to try and my subscription ends on Monday, so likely I will do that.

DD and I took a short walk yesterday - it was very windy and cold so we didn't go very far or long. Today we'll probably do a longer one....

I just came here to also rant about the vaccines. Maryland is just horrible. My DH is up in the next group and he is getting pressure to return to work and he doesn't want to go back w/out getting vaccinated. Before a few days ago - Thursday? - you couldn't even sign up to register to be notified to schedule an appointment until your "Phase" came up. I'm in Phase 3 - adults 16+ w/ no underlying health conditions and my Phase is available April 27th. Fortunately, I was able to register myself and DD to be notified. But, my DH is eligible so he has been registered and, get this, the mass vax site sends a text to your phone and you have 10 minutes to respond to schedule your vaccine. Well, DH missed the message on Thursday and again on Friday. Talk about frustration, you have to be glued to you phone 24X7 so you can respond to the text w/ in 10 minutes???? Anyway, last night, I couldn't sleep - nothing new there, and I found DH and appointment in a Walmart about 30 miles away for Friday. I had to scour the sites at 2:00 a.m. to get an appointment - how ridiculous is that? And how is that helpful to get people vaccinated???? It is like a full time job to search for and register for vaccines in this state. What a disappointment. And, I totally understand wanting to make it equitable and wanting to get the most vulnerable first, and all that, but honestly, the more people that are vaccinated the better and those who are most vulnerable will be protected by the widespread population of vaccinated people.

Rant over...I hate to think about what I will have to do to get myself and DD vaccinated. I guess take a week off and just hit the sites over and over again until I get lucky????

Summer Breeze - I hope your back is feeling better - do you think it tensed up from being cold? Sometimes that happens to me....

Pat - I have to go back to Lucy - I got distracted w/ Jessica, LOL! The funny thing is I got DOMS from Lucy but so far not from Jessica even though Jessica uses weights.

Waves, Gypsy Rose and Christina...

Donna
Old 04-03-21, 09:22 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for listening to my rant earlier this morning. Unbelievably frustrating. I'm just thankful I'm not in a high risk group or being pressured to return to work in person. That at least makes it more bearable. I sure as heck hope that when DH gets his first shot on Friday that they schedule him then and there for the 2nd one. I mean, they should.....it would make sense, but these days things making sense and working they way they should.....just doesn't happen all that often.

Anyway - I ended up doing - Trifecta Pilates - Balance & Strength - this was an interesting workout - standing w/ a band and then some floorwork both with and without a band. If this site were more reasonably priced, or if I felt like I was going to focus on these workouts I would keep my subscription. I do enjoy the way she varies Pilates workouts w/ different props and exercises - it keeps it interesting.

Hope to walk later!

Donna
Old 04-03-21, 09:37 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

No walk or workout yesterday. It was chillier than it's been plus I was at my sister's all afternoon. Both my nieces were there too and my great-niece who is home from college for the weekend so it was almost like a holiday! Add to that my back hurting so I just called it a rest day. I am hoping to walk today.

PAT, congrats on finishing the LWR challenge. Well done.

DONNA, rant away. It is very frustrating and not being able to even register to be on the list until your phase is eligible is even more frustrating. And 10 minutes to respond to a text?? God forbid you take a shower or have a cavity filled or something. WTH! They are supposed to make the second appt at the time you go for your first shot but who knows right? And I guess J&J screwing up all those vaccines isn't helping anything. Good luck and I hope & pray you can find an appt quickly when your time comes.

Hi ROSE & CHRISTINA.

Have a great day!
Old 04-03-21, 09:47 AM  
donnamp

Thanks Summer Breeze! And, the crazy thing is the timing of the text is when people w/ normal working hours would likely be in the car commuting. So I guess we're all supposed to grind to a halt to respond?

I'm so aggravated by it - I'm glad DH got scheduled since he is getting pressure to go back to the office. At least i'm not.

Donna
Old 04-03-21, 11:10 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Hi ladies! It seems like a decent weekend is on tap. I went out wearing a sweatshirt hoodie and my down vest instead of a coat and scarf, and plan to visit osprey nest #11 soon.

Last night featured Jane Fonda's Walk Out level 2 walk. I had planned to start Kassandra's PM Yoga challenge but ran out of time.

Donna that's awful about VA and getting vaccinated. I don't blame your DH one bit for wanting the vaccine on board before returning to work. Good to hear he is on schedule. Once you get in they make your second appointment right there - at least in CT they do.

Summer Breeze you sure did deserve a rest day and I'm so happy for you that you had a nice visit with family. I hope your back is on the mend. Any luck with plumbers yet?

Happy Saturday to Christina and Rose.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jim fixx