Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-21, 08:19 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I just have time to post my workouts as I have a training starting in 15 min!

Yesterday DD and I walked after her appointment - felt so nice to be out in the sun and my back and hips felt so good afterwards. All of this sitting is the death of my spine....

I also did Jessica Valent's herniated disc routine in the evening for more back relief.

Today, so far, has been:

LWR - Feel Fabulous Challenge Day # 2 which was another walk/tone workout and I added on her run to the hills, the cute one w/ the wolf...

Trifecta Pilates - Pilates/Yoga Fusion

I am enjoying LWR so far - I'm even a little sore - hard to believe since this is all body weight. It is good sore in the areas that need it - lower body and abs/core. I think it is very much like Slim Series/Slim in 6 in terms of being an endurance based/high rep style.

Ok - I must run - be back later...

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-21, 08:55 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Miracle of miracles, I walked outside yesterday! I had a very nice lunch walk and also dove into my Holden subscription with a 20 minute practice to ignite your inner fire.

Donna nice to hear you are enjoying the Lucy challenge. She has made me sore too. Good luck with your training today.

Summer Breeze wasn't it glorious? I'm so happy you got out to enjoy it.

Yay Christina on getting your meds. Nice workout for you, too!

Waves to Rose.
Pat58 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-21, 04:02 PM  
CS_Margaret_Fan

Hi, Everyone. It's another sunny and temperature-friendly day in Metro Detroit!

Last Night's Workouts:
  • Pre-exercise Stretching in the living room with two dogs, a dwarf bunny, DD, and DH (30 minutes)
  • CS Rebalancing Your Connective Tissue w/Miranda - Streaming (32 minutes)

I have two questions:
  1. Donna, what's the LWR workout?
  2. How do I use the 'Quote' feature in my own post to include a quote from another poster?

Have a great evening!

Ciao,
Christina
Old 03-10-21, 04:13 PM  
donnamp

Hi!

Christina - LWR = Lucy Wyndham Read (she is on You Tube and also has her own website)

https://www.lwrfitness.com/

I knew about her, I think, but really discovered her workouts during the pandemic....she has been putting out challenges recently of her you tube videos and they are free!

We used to have a bunny, too!

I use the "quote" button on someone's post to quote them - does that help?

Donna
Old 03-10-21, 07:07 PM  
Rose

Hello!
The vaccine went well! I will resume exercising tomorrow, the past few days has been walking.

Christina Hooray for getting your meds and exercising! Margaret & CS are a great combo.

Pat It's such a great feeling to find a fit for the psyche and the physical and you seem to have found it with Lee Holden's Qigong.

Donna You are a trailblazer. I'm going to copy you with LWR as that looks like a good workout. Yes, Jessica will be there when and if you choose to try her program out. There are so many fun things for you to explore!

Summer Breeze Hmmm, that's not a good sign for the plumber. Lovely walks for the lovely weather.

Enjoy the beautiful spring sunshine!
Rose
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-21, 08:48 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Very excited today, my niece and I, who are both fully vaccinated, are meeting for lunch in a restaurant! Can't wait. Yesterday featured:

~ LWR BRB Challenge Day 22, 20 of the Best Cardio Moves (30 minutes)
~ Holden low back, healthy spine, good sleep class
~ 8,671 steps

The qigong was almost an hour but I worked it in pieces - two breaks at my desk and the remainder after my cardio workout. It worked out very well that way. And after meditation at the end, Lee blows a kiss to the students who were on live. Big smile!!

Summer Breeze, sounds like that plumber cancelled himself out of the decision process. You have to wonder how some of these contractors stay in business.

Christina, yay for temperature friendly days!

Good to hear your vaccine went well, Rose. Do you feel any less scared / vulnerable?

Hi to Donna, and have a great day everyone.
Old 03-11-21, 08:58 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I managed to get out for a walk....w/ DD and Golden!

Today, so far, has been:

Ellen - Lifted & Lean
Jessica Valent - Hip Stretches

My DH's company is urging them to come back in - so I spent time yesterday looking to see where DH could get the vaccine, and he isn't in the eligible group here in MD. So...we registered to be notified, but that is about all we can do. I'm definitely in Phase 3 - here which is "general population" so I will probably not be able to get mine until the summer at the earliest. I hope my DD can get a vaccine before college....

Pat & Rose - oh gosh, we have vaccines on our mind! Pat - I hope you have a nice lunch w/ your niece! Rose - did you feel any side effects from the vaccine?

Pat - that Holden program sounds very interesting!

Rose - LWR is great, I like that I don't feel "pressured" to do her stuff daily - I'll just pick up the rotation where I left off if I take a break from it.

Summer Breeze - it always amazes me how difficult it is to get people to come to your house to do work that you want to pay them for. I have spent lots of time and energy tracking people down to do work for me. It is crazy - don't they need the $$?

waves, Christina!

Donna
Old 03-11-21, 11:06 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

56 minute outdoor walk

I am planning another walk today. It's supposed to get well into the 60s today.
Love it! Of course I think next week is back to reality temperature-wise, but I'll take what I can get here.

CHRISTINA, glad you got to do some stretching and CS.

ROSE, I'm definitely enjoying this brief fling with spring this week.

PAT, oh lunch in an indoor restaurant. How exciting! lol Enjoy!

DONNA, it's so true how difficult it is to get people to do work for you. Makes no sense to me. This plumber was working with my friend's husband that's how I got him here. But I don't have his direct number so I'm working through a third party. Frustrating. Good luck to your DH getting a vaccine before he goes back to work!

Have a great day!

summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-21, 03:30 PM  
CS_Margaret_Fan

Talking

Donna, thanks for the information on LWR and the Quote feature! I appreciate it. Hello to everyone on this sunny day in Metro Detroit (The 'D').

Last Night's Workout:
  • CS 1224 - Upper Body Pain Relief
  • Stretching in the living room with my family (including critters)

Now that I have my medications and I'm productive, my daily To-Do Lists have grown exponentially; partially, this is the case because DD is transitioning from hybrid learning to full-time face-to-face learning. On her school's virtual learning platform, which is too robust, teachers aren't consistent with the features they utilize to post assignments, links for live virtual classes, links to class recordings, etc. It's exhausting to determine how each teacher uses the platform!

Thanks for listening to me whine.

Ciao,
Christina
Old 03-12-21, 08:35 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Happy Friday!

My day at the office left me drained so all I did at home was play around with my Holden subscription after a nap. It was a practice for stability and balance. Lee's mother Karen taught it, and his father led the meditation. Different.

Lunch with my niece was good. I haven't seen her in person for months, it was good to catch up.

I've got to make the best of the office being quiet - waves everyone!

Tags
jim fixx