Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-21, 11:34 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! I'm starting to feel human again. I'm usually up bright and early for my Saturday morning of WW, organic coop, etc., etc. but I slept in this morning. It's raining so I'm going to putter around a little and take reading breaks, I'm still tired. Part of it has to be from covering for my coworker all month. Retirement is beginning to seem very tempting.

Summer Breeze I hope you get out for that walk today. That sounds like a good idea.

Rose, that is an interesting question about form. I don't know if you can find anything out there, but Cory Everson was one of the best with demonstrating form. I used to watch her Body Shaping show and despite the cheesecake, all of her coaching was sound. PS - I see Youtube has some of her Body shaping shows available. As for videos, Kathy Smith features straightforward, safe strength training form.

Donna, thank you for that info about the response. I have to say my experience feels about right with that! Good luck finding the right seat cushion, I bet it will make a difference.

Have a good day all!
Pat58 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-21, 02:15 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today's workouts:

CS 1120 - this was a standing and floor routine

Trifecta Pilates - 7 Day Pilates Challenge Days 5 and 6 - I enjoyed both of these full body workouts. I am now semi-considering re-subscribing...but we shall see. I have a Robin Long/Balanced Life Challenge coming up on Monday - so I may lose interest in Beth/Trifecta by then.

Outdoor walk - it stopped raining and is relatively mild so DD and I walked today. I may take my dog for a short walk later.

Pat - glad you are taking it easy today. I agree about retirement, LOL!

Summer Breeze - hope you can get out!

Rose - I agree w/ Pat's recommendations, I think generally Margaret's stuff is safe - I think sometimes we all have to change something up to suit ourselves and our own bodies....but her stuff looks to be safe...

waves, Christina...

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-21, 09:34 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

56 minute outdoor walk

It's supposed to rain today but it hasn't started yet so if I want to walk I need to get out there soon. I prefer afternoon walks in the winter and I do need a little more coffee first so we'll see how it goes today.

PAT, glad you got some extra sleep and are starting to feel better.

DONNA, looks like a nice mix of workouts yesterday as always.

MR has been sending out an email. She's having another 30% sale on her yearly streaming in honor of the "new improved" website. Since I have barely used the streaming this year I can't recommend it but I still think I'll be getting around to it at some point.

Hi ROSE & CHRISTINA.

Have a great day!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-21, 09:46 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

CS 1121 - all standing - it was for arms, but really, like all of them, total body

Pahla B - February Challenge Day 7 - Power walk

Trifecta Pilates - 7 Day Pilates Challenge Day 4 -Arm - this was a nice unweighted arm routine. Gosh, I am getting tempted to subscribe, but I do have to think about how much I would use it - she does have a good amount on You Tube...so maybe I should concentrate on those first.

I am not sure what else I will get in today - it is dreary - my daughter is at a horse show/event. I may pop over to watch her - but I'm not sure how much I could see of it - it is "cross country" - so it isn't like I could watch very much of it.

One thing I do notice, her mental health is way better when she is active w/ her horse. February was a rough month b/c of the weather and she didn't get out as much with him - and, then she started spending more time on social media and that is never good.

Anyway - I may just do a stretch later.

Summer Breeze - I am glad we were able to walk outside yesterday. I like the discount on MR's site, but I'm not sure how much I would use it....that is the trouble w/ the yearly subscriptions - I can't really think of much that I can commit to for a year! But, at least she doesn't close her membership down - like other instructors - so if I wanted to I could join for a month even though there is no discount on a monthly membership.

Waves, everyone!

Donna
Old 02-28-21, 09:49 AM  
donnamp

Forgot to add - Lucy has a new challenge for March - it is a running challenge though so I don't think I will be doing it. But, I still haven't done her January or February challenges yet - so I am thinking about doing one of those for March....

I have a love/hate relationship with rotations - on the one hand it nice to have something to follow and not have to think about what to do each day - but on the other hand I sometimes want to do my own thing.

I'm thinking about Lucy though b/c her stuff is short and if I skip or miss a day I can always double up or something...

Donna
Old 02-28-21, 05:12 PM  
Rose

Hello!

2 mile park walk. And I've been walking up flights of stairs. The outside deck has 17 steps with 2 landings, so I've been going up and down 10 times for a set. Today I'll do two sets. It's not much but my legs feel a little stronger. It's flat where I live so the only way to duplicate a hill is through the stairs.

Thanks for the information about safe instructors. It seems as if the '80s & 90's instructors could do more straightforward moves and didn't have to be so creative.

Summer Breeze Margaret's streaming is fun but I don't know how to use it as I prefer splits. Thanks for keeping us updated regarding her site.

Pat Thanks for the tips regarding Cory Everson & Kathy Smith. Have you tried Gilad? Your workplace sounds like a workout in endurance. Sorry you are going through the grind. May retirement come swiftly.

Donna Your rotations are the best because they are so varied. Pahla B sent out her email for her new rotation and I'm going to try it tomorrow. Your daughter sounds like she is a kinesthetic learner. Some are visual or auditory learners and your daughter may be best suited to movement. Honestly, I think we are all better with movement. That's so good she found horseback riding.

Waves to Christina and everyone enjoy the remainder of the weekend!
Rose
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-21, 08:31 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today, so far, has been:

Pahla B - March Challenge Day # 1 - Walking w/ Weights

Robin Long/TBL - Challenge Day # 1 - abs/core

Both were good workouts. I decided to stick w/ Pahla for at least the first week of the month and then may change things up a bit - not quite sure how - was thinking of either switching to another instructor or doing Pahla's Body Shaping weeks from her prior mini-challenges for the rest of March...not sure yet, time will tell. OR, I do like Jessica V's calendar for this month - her stuff is easy to fit into whatever else I am doing, though.

I plan to get some CS in later and maybe a short walk if it stops raining.

Gypsy Rose - stair climbing is tough!!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 03-01-21, 08:58 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Happy Moan Day! The co-worker is back, working half days for a while which is to be expected. I would have appreciated a simple "thank you," but that's how she rolls, which is a large part of the reason I had some unkind thoughts while covering for her. I'm going to reveal my inner old lady here, but what the heck is wrong with people today?

I had a quick gym workout yesterday - DH didn't last long. But I managed 15 minutes recumbent bike and a few machines for lower body, chest and back. Walking around in Costco counts, I eked out 6,000 steps after a very lounge-y morning.

Summer Breeze, I hope you get to enjoy a little of your streaming subscription soon. I'm going to pass - if I bite on anything it might be a trial of Beach Body Online to try the YOUv2 program. Stay warm tonight!

Rose, do you like Gilad? I used to do aerobics with him way, way back on PBS. He shows good form, too. I plan to try a couple of the Cory routines I found on YT.

Donna, I'm sure you'll come up with a good routine to follow!

Make it a great day ladies.
Old 03-01-21, 09:01 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

oops
Old 03-01-21, 10:33 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

50 minute outdoor walk

I did manage to walk before the rains came yesterday. A little spritzing during my walk but not bad. I am planning a walk today when (if) it clears up later. Maybe weights one of these days too.

DONNA, I agree, you always find a good plan to follow. I did receive Lucy's notification this morning of her new running challenge workout. I may check it out, it's only 15 minutes. It's called beginner running so I may be able to manage. My back can't take the impact of running anymore.

ROSE, stair climbing is great! My sister's PT has her climbing stairs at home to build up strength. MR is hard to fit in to a rotation because her muscle groupings are all mixed up. But when I do her workouts, I just pick and choose which one hits me for the day.
I'm kind of sorry I did the year long streaming since I haven't used it but I'm sure I will at some point. Not enough to justify the cost though maybe.

PAT, nice job getting a little gym time in.
Another old lady agreeing about people these days. I got the streaming at a bad time in my life I guess but I have 10 more months so I'm sure I'll get some use out of it.

Hi CHRISTINA.

Have a great day!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jim fixx