Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-14-20, 05:12 PM  
Lori_Michigan

I've combined just the mobility portions from each one followed by the stretch in #2. Clocked in a little over 30 mins. These may be my favorite Tracie workouts yet, and I have all of her workouts.
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-20, 06:24 PM  
anetta

Thank you Linda and Lori.

Anita
anetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-20, 08:07 PM  
fanofladyvols

Anita just following up:

As far as comparing these to Core Movements 3/4, while she does use Turks and windmills etc. , in Core 3 ( The Bottom Line) there is more of a strengthening purpose.

SS is more similar in purpose to Core 4(Make your move) However, in SS there is a fluidity and smooth transition from one move to the next that Core 4 does not have. Core 4 feels more instructional. What it takes 30 minutes to achieve in CM 4, I finish in the 11-14 minutes of SS.

I think SS is so efficient because of the sequence as she shows. I want to keep using SS as ways to warmup for other workouts. I tried it today (a Cathe's Drill Max premix) and I felt so good both during and after.

Anyway I hope that helps you as you compare. I'm also like Lori and enjoy Tracie workouts and have a lot of her work.

P.S. I'm glad you asked me to compare bc I think I will add CM 4 chapters as a cooldown to other workouts

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-20, 08:08 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_Michigan View Post
I've combined just the mobility portions from each one followed by the stretch in #2. Clocked in a little over 30 mins. These may be my favorite Tracie workouts yet, and I have all of her workouts.
Great idea!!

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
Old 03-28-20, 12:21 PM  
Fitstick

How are these different from Tracie’s other workouts? I haven’t purchased them because the clips just didn’t grab me but wondering if those who have actually done the workouts can post thoughts. I understand she has a mobility section in each workout Which may be different than her other workouts, but wondering if these are fun and engaging. I am trying to decide while the total fitness sale is happening.
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-20, 03:23 PM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitstick View Post
How are these different from Tracie’s other workouts? I haven’t purchased them because the clips just didn’t grab me but wondering if those who have actually done the workouts can post thoughts. I understand she has a mobility section in each workout Which may be different than her other workouts, but wondering if these are fun and engaging. I am trying to decide while the total fitness sale is happening.
I like Tracie's work in general but I never seemed to reach for her stuff often. I would buy her dvds and do them once or twice at the most. I've used the Signature Series very consistently since I purchased them. I think this is because I like the longer mobility section. I feel noticeable improvement from doing it consistently and that motivates me. Also, I seem to have less dread for these because while she does include challenging moves, they are quick and there is variety. She moves on fast enough that I'm willing to do the work lol I know that I need this kind of work but I'm less tolerant these days of doing endless reps/painful drudgery.
Old 03-28-20, 03:37 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiga View Post
Brief Summary of Tracie's Signature Series #1:

Mobility section

archer's lunge
yoga forward flexion in wide leg stance, twist and reach to sky
pretzel type position for active hip stretch (internal/external rotation)
Supine spinal twists with block
Turkish get-ups into runner's lunge with twist

Main workout

Reverse lunge or step back with bicep curl, some with leg extension
Split lunge w/bicep curl and overhead press
Crawl down to push-up then crawl back to standing
Squats with weight, mobility squats
Walk down, Spiderman lunges, walk back up and jump
Split lunge w/shoulder press/french press
Single leg squat w/opposite leg ext then alternate with squats
Quick alternating side lunges followed by kickbacks
Repeat last two lines on opposite leg

Jump in & out, some with arms up (thoracic extension)
Skaters
Side to side lunges with leg ext then another round with knee ups
Kneeling to hip extension (like thigh dancing) then kneel to stand on alternating legs
Bridges with pullovers, 1 legged bridge holds

Floor Work
- starts at 33 min mark

Side plank on knee while doing leg abduction with alternating flexion
Repeat above in side lying position
Fire hydrants then set of hydrant leg circles and lift leg to sky
Child's pose followed by pigeon pose

Supermans
Supine in table top like position then do heel taps to floor, repeat with straight leg , both while applying some resistance to hip flexion portion of the move

Plank with alternating 1 arm forward reach then hand to foot touches, add push-ups to the sequence
Hip flexor stretch
Cobbler stretch
Stretch strap leg stretch (resisted hamstrings, abduction, cross body)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiga View Post
So volume #2 was another winner for me. I think it was slightly more challenging but still plenty doable. I like the mobility work in volume 1 the best but could feel/understand the benefits of the volume 2 work. There was a little more plyo work (jumping lunges/adductor moves) but again it's not relentless. She gets it done and moves on in a way that limits dread.

I've decided to stay with these for several weeks. They match what my body needs right now and will be good for addressing any imbalances if and before I start another round of STS.
Taiga did such a great breakdown I went ahead and quoted here before answering.

So IMHO, they're not the same but they are definitely 'Tracie' workouts. If I had to classify them, I would say these new workouts are more modern, fluid versions of her Longevity series. Some moves are similar to her Grand Total series. I'm hoping this helps you. You could also watch the clips and compare them to see if you agree.

Old 03-28-20, 04:04 PM  
Lori_Michigan

I'd say these pack more in 50 mins than any other workouts that I can think of. Mobility, strength, cardio, abs, flexibility. But they aren't terribly tough, and kind of sneak up on you in each regard. Not sure that makes sense, but I know my level of fitness has much improved by incorporating them in weekly (but I'm biased because I really like all of Tracie's workouts, they give me my best results and zero dread). Hope that helps!
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-20, 04:03 PM  
counterclockwise

I did Signature Vol 2 today and really liked it. Lets you use heavier weights, good pace, and my whole body felt well worked.
counterclockwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-23, 10:24 AM  
buffmama

I did Signature Series vol 1 today for the first time and . It's a little bit of everything without feeling like a little bit of everything. It all flows, I felt great, I was sweating without knowing why, and the floor work was probably the hardest part. Would buy more these in a heart beat.

Tags
signature series, tracie long