Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-21, 11:09 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Unplugged Episode #1902
Unplugged Episode #1903

I was only going to do 1 episode of Unplugged but when I finished, I thought I'd add on 2 upper body exercises from the next episode so I'd have a complete upper body workout. Well, I ended up doing the entire episode so I was glad about that. On the down side, I had to drop down in weights in all of the upper body exercises because my upper body isn't as strong as it used to be (so disappointing!).

It is going to be 82 degrees and sunny today!

Cyana, yep, I do my batch cooking and food prep for the week on weekends. Let me know if you find any winning recipes!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-21, 07:30 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Hey friends - I'm full vac after getting shot #2 today! Now I just have to wait another 2 weeks to be full post-vac. I also got to see my sister and her family today. Will come back in a bit to post my workouts!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-21, 08:30 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

So I took an off day today since we went to visit my sister at the lakefront AirBnB where they are staying, about 45 minutes south of here. They will be here until Wednesday, but I might not get to see her again; it depends on what they decide to do and how I am feeling post-vaccine tomorrow.

Here was the rest of my week:

Monday
FitSugar (YT) - 30-minute Body Combat inspired workout
recumbent bike, 12 minutes
Fairly Light Yoga (YT) - Quick QL Flow

Tuesday
Yoga Journal Your Day Yoga - Opening Ceremony
30MTF Your Best Body - Upper Body & Cardio premix, 1st half
Alignment Snacks - The Back Bones' Connected to the Other Back Bones

Wednesday
30MTF Body Design - Weighted Kickboxing; Stronger Lower
Jose de Groot (Vimeo) - Yin Liver & Gallbladder Meridian

Thursday
Yoga Journal Your Daily Yoga - Ground Control
Annie Pilates PT (YT) - 30 Day Pilates Discover Self-Healing, Day 6, Glute Activation
TAUGHT yoga class (switched days)

Friday
30MTF Your Best Body - Upper Body & Cardio premix, 2nd half
Yin Yoga with Matt (YT) - Bedtime Yin Yoga

Saturday
Yoga Class with Carol

Sunday
OFF

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 04-19-21, 08:19 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning all! I rested a lot yesterday, and had a nice beach walk to clear my head. Saw my first egret of the season and had the treat of an American oystercatcher fly by. I've never seen one at this particular beach, nor have I ever seen one up close.

Paine, good workout! I meant to tell you that your recommendation of the second workout on Mari Winsor's Lower Body Pilates was a good one - it felt very effective and it had a good flow.

Hurray Beth on being fully vax'ed! I'm so happy for you that you had a nice family visit.

Good morning everyone.
Pat58 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-21, 08:56 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pat, the beach walk sounds wonderful - and it must have helped because you didn't say it was Moan-day today.

I am feeling mostly okay so far - a little bit off, stomach very slightly, but definitely nothing like the 2nd Shingrex! I had some tea and might do a little light "workout," or really just some kind of movement.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 04-19-21, 11:27 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Hey friends - I'm still feeling okay, a bit more woozy/achey. I did a few gentle movement practices and especially liked this one from SarahBeth Yoga:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiiM...=SarahBethYoga

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 04-19-21, 12:29 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Today is an unplanned rest day. I just couldn't make myself workout. I might get in a walk later on.

Beth, how nice you were able to see your sister!
I bet you'll be fine tomorrow. It's a relief to have those vaccines done! My DH had flu-like symptoms after both of his Shringrex vaccines but he had zero symptoms from both Pfizer vaccines other than a sore arm.

Pat, I noticed you had done Mari's Lower Body Pilates and I'm glad you liked it.
One of the most unusual birds I've seen in person are puffins in Alaska.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-21, 06:19 PM  
YogaGal

Surprise! I’m still here!

I’ve been feeling a bit overwhelmed for the past few weeks, primarily due to health issues with my cat Zippy. He has been throwing up a lot (about once a day) since February. We took him to the vet in March, but tests and the exam didn’t find any evident causes. I have been trying different foods, feeding strategies, etc. He definitely has some dental issues such that he can no longer manage eating dry food, but we are going to have an ultrasound done to look for internal digestive tract issues that might be the cause of his throwing up. Then perhaps the dental work.

Then work was crazy for a couple of weeks in mid March when my college's network was attacked and they had to shut everything down for a few days while they amped up security issues and then employees and students had to set up new passwords with a dual authentication process now in place to access email and other functions. We are back to "normal" now, but I am busy with a lot of my online classes, including the Exercise Science one.

The GOOD News is that I am fully vaccinated! Yes, I had some short-lived side effects. My second shot was on a Wednesday morning at 10:30 and I felt fine the rest of the day developing a sore shoulder in the evening. As I turned out the light to go to sleep that night I felt like I might have had a light fever, but didn’t get up to check it. The following day I was pretty wasted. Very low energy, low grade fever 99-100. But by Friday I was getting back to normal, just a sore arm and more tired than pandemic normal, but able to function normally. So worth it!

Will hopefully get myself motivated to check in more this week. I do think about all of you often. I've been mixing up Jessica and Kelly for cardio and strength workouts and doing several yoga sessions with Kassandra and a few with Bird.

Waves to everyone!
Old 04-19-21, 06:55 PM  
JustSandra

Hi all!

Another couple of unplanned days off for me.

Today's Workout: Margaret Richard's Good N Strong, Volume 2 (I was inspired by our Paine, who noted upthread she prefers the lower body work in Volume 2).

Carolyn: Hi there! So sorry to hear about Zippy. My cat Karma went through something similar for several days. I took him to the vet and even after (expensive) tests they couldn't diagnose the problem. Well, I figured it out several weeks later when I found one of my exercise bands had its end chewed! Since Karma loves snacking on toilet paper I'm pretty sure he did it, and that the latex didn't agree with his innards.

Pat58: So sorry to hear about your sister. My library isn't accepting donations yet, although of course people do sneak them into the book drop!

Cyana: Re my patio, it faces north and has a cover over most of it. The uncovered part does get full sun in the summer (and our summers are hot and dry here). All my plants are in pots so they can get moved around if needed. Probably 90% are succulents. I especially love jade plants and have several. I've found that asparagus ferns are very hardy, and make a nice contrast to all the cacti. In the summer I sometimes add a few pots of impatients for color since they do well in shade. Lately I've noticed those pots designed to be set atop fences. Anything I planted there would get serious sun! It might be nice to try some herbs or veggies in those.

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-21, 07:51 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Hi all! Had another brief visit with my sister and her family today - they decided to go to Niagara Falls for the day (about 90 minutes from here) and stopped in briefly on the way back. We are still trying to keep the visits outside and distanced.

I was running a slight fever today and felt a bit achy, but nothing worse than that, thank goodness! I agree that it's definitely worth it.

Carolyn, sorry to hear about Zippy. That's something about the security attack at your college! We also went to duo authentication in the past year. Glad you are fully vaccinated! I am too, DH has his 2nd Wednesday, and 2 weeks from we'll be completely free.

Paine yes I am sure I will be fine tomorrow.

Hope it was a good Monday for all!

Follow me @YogiBethC

Tags
gall bladder