Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-16-21, 11:22 PM  
nancyzl

Just finished The Doctors Blackwell by Janice Nimura. Wow , excellent , well-researched non-fiction about the first female MDs in the US. If you have any interest in women's health I think you will enjoy it .
nancyzl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-21, 08:33 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

TracyQ, thanks for sharing about that book, and Erica H, I'm curious about your reaction!

I just started Marian Keyes' The Brightest Star in the Sky. I've read most of her books but it's been awhile since I've read anything by her; this one is a little different.

I picked up 2 novels from a local library book sale yesterday, and when I got home, I was glad to see that both were well-rated on Amazon. The titles are The Silent Sister and The Bright Forever.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-21, 08:38 AM  
sherry7899

Beth, have you read "The Yoga of Decluttering?". It came up in my Facebook feed. I may see if my library will order it since it is expensive.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-21, 08:53 AM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
TracyQ, thanks for sharing about that book, and Erica H, I'm curious about your reaction!

Beth, unfortunately I don't remember why I had mixed feelings. I checked Goodreads and I didn't rate that book - usually when I don't give a book a rating it means that I had mixed feelings about it and wasn't comfortable with any rating. I should either keep a reading log or write reviews because I forget most books after I've read them.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-21, 11:40 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Sherry no I hadn't heard of that. Interesting...looks like it uses the chakras as a basis for decluttering.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-21, 12:31 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
Sherry no I hadn't heard of that. Interesting...looks like it uses the chakras as a basis for decluttering.
I thought it looked interesting as well. I will either request my.library to order it, or save up Amazon visa reward points towards it

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-21, 05:45 PM  
annette
VF Supporter

I've been in a non-fiction mood lately and just finished the biography of Queen Elizabeth and her sister Margaret. Today I started In Pieces - Sally Field's autobiography.

A few weeks ago I read How the South Won The Civil War. It's a political book so won't go into details here but it was interesting and as someone who likes history I learned a lot.
annette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-21, 05:48 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annette View Post
Today I started In Pieces - Sally Field's autobiography.

I haven't seen much of Sally Field's work, but I really liked her autobiography. Hope you like it, too.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-21, 11:44 AM  
Gams

I just finished Michael J. Fox’s new book No Time Like the Future. It was good but also a little sad. A quick read at just over 200 pages.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-21, 03:50 PM  
TracyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
I read that book a while ago and had mixed feelings about it.

I just finished Shuggie Bain, which was good (sad).

Erica
After reading that you liked Shuggie Bain I put it on a wait list at my library yesterday (Erica you and I have similar tastes in books), it became available today. I’m still reading Hidden Valley Road and will start it when I’m finished. I work at a school and we are on April vacation this week so I hope to get a lot of reading done.

If I finish both books this week I will definitely need something a lot lighter to read next.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
audiobooks, books, kindle, reading, spring reading