Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-13-21, 09:40 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Good 'N Strong Volume 1 (all of the lower body work) plus Volume 2 calves

Today is my regular planned rest day for marketing in the morning but since we still have food, I'll market on another day. So instead of a rest day today, I did a lower body workout with Margaret.

I hadn't done the lower body work from Volume 1 in a long time (I usually do Volume 2 lower body) so I did Volume 1 this morning. I found out I like the lower body work from Volume 2 a lot more than Volume 1 so I made a note of that in this DVD's notes. I still got a decent lower body workout but I like the lower body exercises in Volume 2 more.

Pat, I hope you are more rested today.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-21, 01:03 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello mat mavens!

Feeling kinda blah, hope a change of scenery will smarten me up. We leave with the trailer on Thursday.

Today’s offerings:
~Taught Essentrics on zoom - I will be so glad when I can teach live classes instead of talking to my iPad.
~30 min rebounding
~Chair stretch...hip openers, twists, forward bends. I am working on some seated stretches for the end of my class tomorrow. Also went to the mat for a supported fish pose to finish. I feel like I’m getting slumpy from too much reading these days.

Pat - I hope you feel better! Thyroid levels are so individual in my experience, it’s often just as much about how you feel as it is about the numbers.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-21, 08:33 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Morning all. Yesterday I accomplished:

~ Shakti Warrior 2, Root Down
~ Margaret Richard Home Improvement - outer and inner thighs. OUCH!!
~ 4,500 steps

Home Improvement really shows it's from the early days. Margaret gets pretty fast and the form suffers here and there. And the outfit - a thong "suspenders" leotard (ugh what were they thinking) with nude color tights, leg warmers and really cute dance flats. The warmup has the old bicycles on the back and walking on your butt cheeks, remember those?

Sandra, I haven't purchased anything of Kelly's new workouts in a few years now. In fact I'm deciding if I need to further cull what I've kept.

Pam, i hope you feel un-blahed soon. Think of your trip!

Paine, isn't one of the Good & Strong lower body hamstrings done standing? That's a really good compilation of Maggie's.

Good morning Cyana and anyone who checks in.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-21, 09:52 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

YouTube: Dr. Fishman's 12 poses for Osteoporosis - Osteopenia Version for Bone Health

This morning I did the YouTube that Pam gave us a link for Fishman's osteoporosis practice. I thought it was good and can see the value for bone health. I also think that someone with osteoporosis needs a lot more weight bearing exercises such as squats, lunges, plank work, lifting weights, etc.

Pam, have fun on your trailer trip!

Pat, the lower body work in Home Improvement is really great!
I love Margaret's standing hamstring exercise but I can't remember if that one is in Good 'N Strong or not.
Old 04-14-21, 08:28 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Wow, I feel like I've been out of the loop - I think this is the first time I've posted since Sunday! Nothing major going on, just another busy work week plus some family drama. [insert roll eyes]

Pat, LOL about falling asleep at your desk! I hope you have gotten some more sleep since then and hope that Jacob has settled down too. RE thyroid, I think that most labs rate <5 as being in the desirable range, but I've read a lot that suggest most women feel better at an <2 level.

Paine, I've been using Unplugged b/c I've been trying to get more strength work in, and I figure I have no excuse not to do something that short. I tend not to do the warm-ups and cool-downs; I was thinking I could do a short standing yoga practice as a warm-up (which I used to do more often). Glad your grandson's fall was minor!

cyana, LOL about the coffee machine in the background making you crave coffee! At some point I would like to study more about connective tissue and the fascia system.

Sandra, very cool about the nursery in your neighborhood! Are you able to plant things at your condo? We can do new bushes/trees if they are approved by the association. I'd like to get some more landscaping done but have to get DH on board; he thinks it's kind of a hassle.

Pam, I'm sorry to hear you've been blah; I can certainly relate! I think I missed it - did you get a camping trailer? We actually used to have one when I was growing up - there was a period of a few years when we used to go camping virtually ever other weekend in the summer.

I didn't teach yoga last night - tomorrow night's teacher needed a sub, so we switched. Very glad the week is half over! I actually have some things to look forward to, including getting my second shot this weekend, my sister visiting, and being off the next three Mondays.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-21, 09:17 PM  
JustSandra

Hi all!

No formal workout yesterday, but did get in a 2+ hour outdoor walk.

Today's Workout: Total Body Training from Jessica Smith's first Walk Strong set. Although it is "total body" I consider it an upper body routine.

Pat58: I'm getting the urge to "thin the herd" again on my DVDs. I don't think I want to sell anything at this time, but may just put what I'm not regularly using out of sight for a while and see if I miss it.

Paine: You've inspired me to cue up Good N Strong volume 2 for my next full-length Margaret workout.

Beth: Although my condo unit is small (2 bedroom, 1 bath), it has a very large patio. I have lots of things in pots! Some people put plants, etc. around their front doors, too. Otherwise, though, planting in the common area is discouraged, although on occasion we allowed exceptions (for example, planting of a tree in memory of a loved one).

Yogapam: I'm sure a change of scene will be just what you need!

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-21, 07:57 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning all, Happy Thursday! Last evening I walked to the local osprey nest and totaled almost 8,000 steps for the day. Lots of activity! Mom hasn't laid her eggs yet so she is taking advantage of the time to get out and stretch her wings. It seems like Dad is doing the hunting for both while she guards the nest.

I'm also addicted to this osprey cam. So much more activity than eagle or owl cams. Wildlife often flies, swims or wades by in the background.

Sandra, I'm thinking of doing the same. Just moving unused DVDs to a box in the closet for now, to avoid trader's remorse later. I do have a couple definite donates but don't know if the library is taking donations yet. Is your library accepting donated material?

Beth you have been quiet!

Good mornings all around, have a wonderful day.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-21, 08:31 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pat, I loved that I turned on the osprey cam and saw the birds immediately - so cool!

My work schedule should improve a bit after this week, so hopefully I'll be around a bit more. Having the next 3 Mondays off should help!

Class tonight is a bit later, at 6:30; I have to make sure to show up at the right time, LOL. My friend who does Mind-Body-Brew with me may join via Livestream.

Happy Thursday all!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-21, 10:18 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Margaret Unplugged Episode #1901
Rodney Yoga for Energy and Stress Relief (Soothe and Stretch practice)

Season 19 Unplugged is a nice "no dread" workout especially on days when I feel "meh" about working out.
Rodney's Soothe and Stretch practice is such a great hamstring/groin stretch.

Pat, that osprey cam is cool!

Beth, it will be nice for you have 3 Mondays off work.
Old 04-15-21, 10:48 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Good morning mat mavens!

Yesterday’s workouts:
~Taught Essentrics on zoom - if the weather stays nice we are going to in person outside workouts next week!
~Barre3: 30 min strength
~Functional fitness packing and organizing the the trailer, got in 11,000 steps

Pat - Love the osprey cam! I just had a look and there was one bird standing guard.

Beth - Have a good class tonight! Yes, we bought a travel trailer, not huge, but self contained. It sleeps 4 so DS1 is going to use it with his family too as he has a good vehicle to tow it. We aren’t taking it far, but we will be close to DS2 & DIL for some outdoor visiting.

Paine - Glad you enjoyed the Bone 12 practice. Yes, I agree that weight bearing & strength work are both good bone building medicine.

Sandra & Pat - I so seldom use dvds any more, I should look through what remains of my collection. I definitely have a few I wouldn’t part with, Yee’s AM Yoga comes to mind along with the later dvds in my Essentrics collection.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gall bladder