Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-12-21, 11:21 AM  
kat999

Quote:
Originally Posted by upperwside View Post
What about making a new Facebook grouo? Facebook makes it easy to navigate, post links and photos and easier to respond to individual people. I know some people who aren't on Facebook, but you can make a profile with an alternative name? If be happy to set it up and be a moderator.
As Vantreesta said, I don't really want to turn this into a FB group. Even though I'm ON there and don't 100% hate it, I sometimes want to go somewhere that is deliberately NOT on FB.

Are there any other free bulletin board systems that would give us some flexibility and be ad-free?
Old 04-12-21, 11:23 AM  
kat999

BTW, here's an article that might provide some ideas if we want to move off here:

https://imtips.co/vbulletin-alternatives.html
Old 04-12-21, 11:51 AM  
rhbrand

There is also this place Fairly new and not really active at this point but its a start.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/vfroost/
Old 04-12-21, 12:04 PM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

I'm not really sure exactly how the bots are harming us. I mean that sincerely, I'm clueless about these kinds of things. It seems like even if no one is really moderating this board, it's running smoothly and it even seems to be a little more active since the pandemic lockdown. Is it really necessary to move to another board? I would of course if it's safer but I just don't know about this stuff.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-21, 12:13 PM  
Vantreesta

Summer breeze, I really don't understand all that stuff either and have no plans to leave VF. After the trauma of having the Collage forum pulled out from under us a few years ago, I love being here where it's familiar. And other than the search function being a little flaky and an occasional lost post, I have no problems with the site. It's easy to navigate and connect with people. I post a little at TFD and am a member (but not active) at VF Roost but this became my fitness home after Collage!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-21, 12:15 PM  
kristiep

Maybe a dumb question, but are the bots posting? If so, what do they want from us? Paranoia. . .
kristiep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-21, 01:10 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by upperwside View Post
What about making a new Facebook grouo? Facebook makes it easy to navigate, post links and photos and easier to respond to individual people. I know some people who aren't on Facebook, but you can make a profile with an alternative name? If be happy to set it up and be a moderator.
There is a Facebook group, Video Fitness Workout Fanatics, but it is not very active. I think a lot of us who've been here a long time are accustomed to, and simply prefer, the bulletin board service format.

if the day were to come that we have no choice - I belong to one of the Weight Watchers spinoff boards on freeforums.net, and find that freeforums is somewhat similar to VF's layout. I could adapt to Facebook only, but I would miss the VF'ers who have no interest in joining.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-21, 01:14 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat999 View Post
BTW, here's an article that might provide some ideas if we want to move off here:

https://imtips.co/vbulletin-alternatives.html
Very interesting!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-21, 01:17 PM  
kat999

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhbrand View Post
There is also this place Fairly new and not really active at this point but its a start.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/vfroost/
I couldn't get that to work when I tried a while back. There seemed to be something wrong with the account creation process. :/
Old 04-12-21, 01:55 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
There is a Facebook group, Video Fitness Workout Fanatics, but it is not very active. I think a lot of us who've been here a long time are accustomed to, and simply prefer, the bulletin board service format.

if the day were to come that we have no choice - I belong to one of the Weight Watchers spinoff boards on freeforums.net, and find that freeforums is somewhat similar to VF's layout. I could adapt to Facebook only, but I would miss the VF'ers who have no interest in joining.
I'm on a forum at free forums, and I find it easier to navigate than Tapatalk. I agree, it is more similar to here.

Tags
abandonware, forum issues, glitches, internal server error, search malfunction, vf future, vf roost, vf site issues