Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-21, 11:22 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Exclamation So many new members! Please introduce yourselves!

Hello, BrantCews, BrantTyNc, GalenBit, GalenBor, JerodBor, JerodSymn, KevenTax, Ridgerox, and RidgeSl! (I hope I didn't leave anyone out.)

Don't be strangers, say hello!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-21, 12:51 PM  
LAC

Not to offend anyone if they are truly new members, but there are some oddly similar pairs among those and the first thing that popped into my head was bots: 1) BrantCews, BrantTyNc, 2) GalenBit, GalenBor, 3) JerodBor, JerodSymn, 4) Ridgerox, and RidgeSl. The only one that doesn't have a "fraternal twin" is KevenTax.
LAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-21, 03:57 PM  
sbh

Also, these new members are online all the time. Even at 2:00 am in the morning. Sometimes I am awake at that hour. I have noticed that in the last few days.
sbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-21, 04:33 PM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh View Post
Also, these new members are online all the time. Even at 2:00 am in the morning. Sometimes I am awake at that hour. I have noticed that in the last few days.
Some of the older posts are fascinating. They may be catching up on the history of VF. In fact, it occurs to me that mining old threads could produce several PhDs in sociology, psychology, & sports science.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-21, 04:36 PM  
Charmed

I'm not a new member as you can see. I've been here a long time, but I come and go, so I've always been too embarrassed to post. But I'm still here!
Charmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-21, 05:06 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAC View Post
Not to offend anyone if they are truly new members, but there are some oddly similar pairs among those and the first thing that popped into my head was bots: 1) BrantCews, BrantTyNc, 2) GalenBit, GalenBor, 3) JerodBor, JerodSymn, 4) Ridgerox, and RidgeSl. The only one that doesn't have a "fraternal twin" is KevenTax.
Yes... I'm afraid the new members mentioned above might just be some kind of bots. It would be sad if we can get bots as members, but not real folks who can't get in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh View Post
Yes, me, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demeris View Post
Some of the older posts are fascinating. They may be catching up on the history of VF. In fact, it occurs to me that mining old threads could produce several PhDs in sociology, psychology, & sports science.
Plus, some of the old threads are hilarious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
I'm not a new member as you can see. I've been here a long time, but I come and go, so I've always been too embarrassed to post. But I'm still here!
Charmed, you don't have to post if you don't want to. But, feel free anytime.

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 04-11-21, 05:22 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Hmmm, I did a little searching and noticed another vBulletin Forum with similar names:

Brantwali and Ridgejum.

That forum is an even older version (3.7.4) than ours (3.8.3). I didn't link to it as I'm not sure about the content. It's a 4-Wheeling forum.

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 04-11-21, 05:27 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAC View Post
I thought the same thing, it is odd to see all these similar names and it does make you wonder. Their numbers and name variations are definitely increasing lately. Hmmmm, are we being invaded by bots? I know there are members who don’t post much, but they aren’t on here all the time and they have their own unique VF names.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-21, 06:00 PM  
muggle

I never understood bots. What’s the point? What is there to gain? I just don’t get it? WHY?!?!
muggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-21, 09:04 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by muggle View Post
I never understood bots. What’s the point? What is there to gain? I just don’t get it? WHY?!?!
Hackers with too much time on their hands?

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
abandonware, bots, new members, security, spam, vf site issues