Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-11-21, 04:36 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Hi again - back to post my week.

Monday
MR Unplugged - Ep 1902
Walk at Home (YT) - 1m Walk with Nick
EssentricsTV (free offer) - 1126, Arm Toning; 1123, Shoulders

Tuesday
Annie Pilates PT (YT) - 30 Day Pilates for Self Healing, Day 4, Side-Lying Fundamentals
TAUGHT yoga at studio

Wednesday
Yoga Journal My Daily Yoga - Grounding Grooves
MR Unplugged - Ep 1903
Callanetics Express - Fully Body

Thursday
PiYo - Define Upper Body (most)
30MTF Build & Burn - Trim & Tone Intervals Cardio only premix
Tracy Campoli (YT) - Low Impact Cardio; Fat Blasting Arms
Kate Vantucci Yoga (YT) - YOga Rescue

Friday
MR Unplugged - Ep 1904
Annie Pilates PT (YT) - 30 Day Pilates for Self Healing, Day 5, Side-Lying Progression
DoYouYoga (YT) - Yoga Challenge Day 14, Juicy Yoga Twists

Saturday
TAUGHT yoga at studio
Yoga Class - Yoga Sculpt with Amanda

Sunday
Yoga Class - Active Flow with Carly

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-21, 09:02 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s workouts:
~Neighbourhood & trail walk
~Dr Fishman’s 12 Yoga Poses for Osteopenia - I was inspired to search YT & found this one. It’s 23 minutes, quite good with excellent instruction & form pointers. And no ad interruptions!
https://youtu.be/6aF02wvSf60

I still didn’t get any strength work today. I got busy organizing the trailer with the dishes & supplies we brought back from the condo. We are planning to take it on its inaugural camping trip this week.

Cyana - Sounds like Lee’s sub is definitely worth the $ for you. I’m happy to be back with MFML.

Pat - Hope you enjoy your walk. Kuan Yin Paints the Rainbow sounds lovely!

Beth - You had a nice week. I think it would be great if you did a bone 12 practice on YT!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-21, 08:28 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Happy Moan Day!

Yesterday we went out for a couple short walks before both of our cranky backs started up - a one mile loop at a trail that was once a long ago farm, and half mile at the community track out of our intended two miles. The farm trail has an osprey nest and we got to see Mom and Dad talking to each other. Also a spectacular swan landing!

I'm having an Instant Pot cereal experiment right now. Normally I make a pot of steel cut oats. I decided to mix it up and did 1/2 cup oats and 1/4 cup each of millet and quinoa, and a tablespoon of lupin for some extra protein. Not so sure about the quinoa taste in a breakfast cereal. The millet is nice though. Thinking of trying some buckwheat groats in there next time.

Paine, looks like were both in the "forced myself to take a short walk" club yesterday. Hoping we both get an energy boost.

Beth, that's a great week of workouts and yoga for you!

Pam, that is exactly the Fishman yoga routine I was talking about. Agree - it is a really good routine, I like the teacher. Your camping trip sounds fun!

Good morning to all.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-21, 09:49 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

30MTF Sculpting RX (Workout #1)
Essentrics

When Sandra borrowed Kelly's Sculpting RX, it reminded me that I had access to a library not too far from my house so I can now borrow exercise DVDs (thank's for the idea Sandra!). I didn't do that when I lived in Alaska because the library was too far for me to drive to and also I don't think they had many exercise DVDs at that library anyway. I'm really glad I borrowed Sculpting RX rather than purchase because I didn't like it, which surprised me! The heavy weights were stressful for my old lady hands. Kelly had too many exercise changes so I was constantly scrambling to keep up and I just didn't like many of the exercises that were done. Now I might have liked this a few years ago when I was in better shape and when my hands weren't so sensitive. I previewed Workout #2 and knew I wouldn't like that one either plus I'm not a cardio fan. I DID get a good workout from Workout #1 and I'm sure I'll have DOMS tomorrow but it wasn't enjoyable. I much prefer Margaret to lift weights with. Kelly stretched only 1 minute after the workout and I needed a longer stretch so some gentle Essentrics felt good afterwards.

Beth, your week of workouts reminded me that I should pull out my Margaret Season 19 Unplugged. I really like that season.

Pam, thanks for that link to the Fishman yoga on YouTube.

Pat, let us know how you like your iPot cereal experiment! I love cooking steel cut oats in my iPot because it's so easy! I put 2 cups of steel cut oats in with 6 cups water for 5 minutes at High Pressure with a natural release. No standing over the stove! I keep leftovers in the fridge and just reheat during the week.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-21, 11:28 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Pat - I’m sorry Jacob is being cranky these days! Love the ospreys talking to each other! I wonder if she was reminding him to get on with his “honey do” list, lol. 🤣 Swans are so beautiful. One of the neighbourhood we occasionally walk through borders the golf course and there’s a pond. There’s often a swan couple in residence, I love seeing them! I am not a big quinoa fan, it’s okay but not a favourite. I love millet though, have put it in tabbouleh, something I haven’t made for a long while. I have a bag of quinoa I should use, maybe I should try it in a tabbouleh to use it up.

Paine - I like KCM and I want to like her workouts. I’ve tried a few and they always seem to tweak my low back.

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Old 04-12-21, 01:10 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Cyana, today I previewed Sahra's conditioning for gardeners until my 2 year old grandson fell while playing and bumped his head (I stopped to hug/comfort him and he is fine now). Anyway, of what I saw, it looked like one of Sahra's typical Essentrics workouts.

Pam, Kelly has tweaked my back a few times with some of her twisty moves. I have to be really careful when I do her workouts.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-21, 08:14 PM  
JustSandra

Hi!

No workout yesterday, although I enjoyed an extra-long (2.5 hour) outdoor walk -- I visited a new plant nursery that just opened in my neighborhood!

Today's Workout: Volume 1 of Margaret Richard's Good N Strong.

Paine: I've decided to not purchase my own copy of Kelly's Sculpting Rx, and for pretty much the same reasons you listed.

Yogapam: Enjoy that camping trip!

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-21, 11:44 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s workouts:
~Neighbourhood walk
~Barre3: 30 min strength
~MFML: Rainbow Vinyasa Embodiment - This was nice, only one sun salutation with lots of twists & balance work. I chose it because the description included bone health & strengthening.

Paine - I’m not surprised to hear that Sahra’s workout is nothing new. I like the ETV workouts but find them rather cookie cutter. I enjoy other Level 4 instructor’s workouts that add a little something different & fusion-y. I’m glad your grandson is okay after his mishap.

Thanks Sandra! I’m looking forward to a change of scenery, even though it’s only about 90 min away. We hope to enjoy some new hikes & a little cycling.

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

Old 04-13-21, 08:01 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning all!

Lawd I was useless yesterday - a zombie. I literally fell asleep at my desk! Sitting upright, with my hand on my mouse. It happened at least three times. I also fell asleep while watching TV after dinner and DH shooed me off to bed by 9:00. I had my thyroid level labs last week and see my doctor soon. She keeps lowering the dose out of osteoporosis concerns, but there has to be a middle ground if I can't function. My TSH is 3.36 which is "higher" yet in the thyroid world is actually "lower" which never made any sense to me. These darn glands are so confusing!!

Well anyway enough about that. I accomplished Holden Qigong 03/29/21 and 3,500 steps for the day. The qigong was very nice, not too strenuous thank goodness and lots of goodies for shoulder release combined with lungs. I might buy it for asthma days, it seemed more comprehensive then the Better Breathing DVD in my collection.

I will catch up later today!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-21, 08:31 AM  
cyana

Quick post and run:

Sunday:
2.5 hours of digging weeds (earned a blister and a sore shoulder from that ), but at least I was outside and in the dirt. The weeds are on flipping steroids!!!

Monday:
AM - 50 stability ball crunches
PM - Lee's 4.12.2021 live qi gong class

Tuesday (so far):
AM - ETV Sahra's "live" class from 4.12.2021 with focus on connective tissue. I like it, but I like Sahra and was perfectly happy with a slower class. I had a strong need for caffeine after being able to see the fancy coffee machine and nifty coffee-related accessories in the background.

Will be back to chat when I have more time. Waves to ALL.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gall bladder