Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-10-21, 04:56 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Pat, your dinner sounds good.

Cyana, I like hearing about the flowers and edible plants you bought. How nice that your former neighbor keeps in touch with you.
Is Sahra's gardener's series on EssentricsTV part of the ETV subscription or is that a separate subscription?
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-21, 05:42 PM  
cyana

Back with work-out:

I had to practice shinrin-yoku indoors since the weather was gray and icky:

Holden Qi Gong for High Blood Pressure - short program
Holden Qi Gong for Anxiety - short program

And as if on cue, the sun came out while I was practicing these. I specifically chose these, as they're filmed in the woods and Lee is literally standing in the middle of a small stream (on a little "island"). It's lush and green with huge ferns growing up the bank. It's the kind of place you could imagine yourself sitting on a fallen log or a rock and mediating for hours.

MFML - Gentle Yoga for Emotional Release - Gabriella Espinoza
MFML - 10 Minute Meditation - Body Awareness - Clive Fogleman (couldn't begin to count how many times I've done this one).

Paine - The series is part of the ETV subscription. It's a 10 day program with a couple of live classes and some "curated" programs. They're also going to be doing a hiker and golfer series this spring. I need to do a better job of catching the live classes. I've enjoyed the handful that I've been able to do.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-21, 05:46 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Happy Saturday all! We are enjoying unseasonably high temps - DH & I actually went to a local sandwich place and sat outside for lunch today!

I enjoyed teaching yoga this morning, with several people new to me in the class. After I took "yoga sculpt" class, which had a number of challenging things (core work, all 4s), but I actually felt pretty energized. I'll be back at the studio tomorrow morning to take a flow class followed by a meeting of all the teachers.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-21, 05:53 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pam, I got mixed up and forgot that you were the cardio person, LOL. But your long walks are definitely weight bearing! I was thinking of Dr. Fishman too. I do so much floor yoga that I could easily work in a few longer holds (1-2m) of a few standing postures during the day.

Pat, I thought your simple dinner sounded yummy too!

Paine, the time with your grandson at the park sounded great; glad to hear you are enjoying nice weather too!

cyana, wow on the Farmer's market haul! There are a lot of farmer's markets around here, but for whatever reason, I have never been in the practice of going very often. However, there's one every Saturday just across from the yoga studio, so it's simple for me to stop there after teaching (once it starts up again).

Speaking of fresh produce, I'm happy to report that my local grocery has continued to have the SweeTango apples in stock; I have been buying them regularly!

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 04-10-21, 08:57 PM  
JustSandra

Hi everyone!

I missed a workout on Thursday, and Friday is my usual weekly day off.

Today's Workout: The Upper Body routine from Jessica Smith's Walk Strong 3 set.

Cyana: No Cherry Man or Cherry Woman setting up on my corner yet, but I am hopeful. Besides the convenience they sell the cherries for much less than the local supermarket.

Beth: My local VF buddy and I have been sitting outside at our weekly Starbucks visits for a year now, including some pretty chilly mornings. However, at last Sunday's visit we learned they are now allowing indoor seating once again (the tables are spaced out) so we sat inside. That was nice, except we soon felt too hot since we had bundled up for the cold -- so we moved back outside!

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-21, 10:04 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello mat mavens!

Today’s workouts, alas I avoided strength work yet again.... I need to get motivated tomorrow and get back to Barre3...

~6 km trail walk - Out of boredom we sought out a new trail. The trail itself was nice but the scenery was drab. Part of it was through a rural industrial area.
~90 min of yin & restorative yoga, pulled out my props and a couple or torture devices ....forward bends, gentle supported back bends, hip openers, shoulder openers, chest openers, & finished with a supported prone savasana.

Pat - I hope you get some down time over the weekend!

Cyana - Nice haul at the market & if flowers make you smile, go for it! My ETV sub is on hold, but the gardening series sounds interesting. I’ve been doing some classes with a fellow instructor in Colorado to get a fresh take on planning my own classes. Lee’s Qi Gong setting sounds so serene!

Beth - You got your yoga in today! I could include more standing yoga too, but Essentrics does have a similar effect. I have changed up my classes to have a longer standing segment with more trademarks. And yep, I love my cardio, it’s a rare day that I don’t get in at least 10,000 steps. I also figure that since astronauts use rebounding to help prevent bone loss, it must be good for me, lol.

Sandra - Lol about having to go back outside for your visit! I think we’ve all gotten used to bundling up to visit. It’s been unseasonably cool here, the weatherman claims it will warm up next week, fingers crossed.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-21, 09:19 AM  
cyana

Good Morning - the sun is shining today, so hopefully I can spend plenty of time outdoors weeding and preparing homes for my new plant haul.

For anyone who might be interested in the Essentrics gardening series, I went back and re-read the email and it sounds like tomorrow's live class at 12 noon ET will be open to all. It says "Open to all - Live Class on Monday April 12th from 12:00 - 12:30 pm EDT". And under the Schedule it also says: "Monday, April 12th (Live class open to all for 24 hours - no subscription required). 12:00 - 12:30 PM EDT Live Connective Tissue Class with Sahra Esmonde-White".

Pam - It's obvious that Lee and his team put a great deal of thought into their filming locations, and I must admit that helps hold my interest. I'm getting ready to renew my streaming subscription for another year, even though it is really pricey. I look at it as good preventive medicine. Since my two favorite instructors no longer appear to be teaching at the local studio, it appears video classes will be my norm for the time being.

Sandra - Cherries are expensive in the stores but they're so good. I'd love to have a regular coffee (or walking) buddy like your Sunday morning date with your VF friend.

Beth - I'd encourage you to check out your local farmer's market sometime. It's amazing how much better the produce tastes (you will never look at a store bought carrot the same) and as someone who grew up with an uncle who was a full-time farmer, I like supporting local farms.

Waves to ALL. Need to get moving and get stuff done so I can go outdoors and engage in therapeutic weeding.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-21, 11:30 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Cloudy day here, which suits me fine. I was hoping for the promised rain because we need it bad, but Mother Nature has other ideas. Good day for a walk in any event!

Yesterday featured a nice gym workout for recumbent bike and weight machines. I'm feeling the need for a good Pilates workout today.

Cyana, I let my Lee subscription run on for another month. Like you, I feel it is expensive but I'm getting some nice health benefits from it - it makes me feel "clean inside" and it's been a stress reducer. And the major plus otherwise is - for some reason the live classes (so far only prerecorded for me) are so much more enjoyable than the other videos. I don't seem to mind the high repetition factor. And the new to me exercises he introduces like Kuan Yin Paints the Rainbow.

Pam, at least you ventured out to a new trail. Hope you get in some strength work soon.

Sandra it's great to here you and your buddy got to eat indoors! I hope your cherry vendor is back soon. Yummmmmmm

Beth, I found a perfect replica of the Fishman regimen on Youtube. I'll dig around and share the link. SharonNYC had sent me a list of the asana quite some time ago and I still have it tacked on my peg board.

Waves all!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-21, 03:15 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

All I could make myself do today is a one mile walk.

Beth, I still haven't found SweeTango apples! I'll keep looking when I go to the market.

Pam, I admire all the cardio you do everyday. Wish I could force myself to do that.

Cyana, thanks for telling us about ETV gardening tomorrow.

Sandra and Cyana, I'd love to have a regular walking or coffee buddy too.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-21, 03:46 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Sandra, I love eating outside when it is possible, which isn't usually in April in Rochester. I will be thrilled to be able to eat indoors again next month!!!

Pam, yes, I think you are doing many different good things for your bones!

Pat, I've actually taught a class where I've worked in all 12 of Dr. Fishman's poses. I was thinking about doing that for YouTube, but I don't want to run into any copyright issues.

cyana, yes, I definitely enjoy the farmer's markets when I do go! We are also lucky to have a large grocery chain that is based in Rochester (Wegmans), so they feature a lot of local produce in their markets as well.

Paine, the other thing I like about the SweeTango apples (in addition to the taste) is that they stay fresh and crispy for a long time.

Did another class at the studio this morning, Active Flow - after yesterday's Yoga Sculpt, it was bit much, LOL. Will be back later to post my week.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Tags
gall bladder