Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-09-21, 07:54 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

TGIF!

Yesterday featured:

~ Evening walk
~ Kassandra Day 4
~ 7,500 steps

I was psyched about the walk - my intent was a training session to get a few steps closer to the osprey nest, but I made it all the way! Surprised myself. The pain didn't start kicking in until halfway back home, but it was manageable. The Kassandra - eh, day 4 was not memorable. It had a weird lying twisting pose designed to open the shoulder but it didn't seem safe, at least for my body.

Paine, I have to agree with your feelings towards "I trust the flow of life." If anything, we can't trust it. A better affirmation might be "I have the strength to get through the curveballs that life throws at me."

Pam, I the shinrin-yoku. It's good to have a modern terminology for it, I always called it being a tree hugging hippie.

Beth, can you make a funny two days late?

Have a great day all.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-21, 08:31 AM  
cyana

Hooray for Friday!!!

Quick post and run.

Yesterday was the hair dryer work-out with 75 squats and the staff meeting work-out with 20 split lunges x 2 sets. Last evening I broke down a bunch of cardboard boxes for today's recycling run and swept some of those annoying catkins off my front porch and away from my side entry.

Now to deal with some massive spreadsheets. Will check in over the week-end.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-21, 09:52 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Jessica Smith Gentle Yoga Plus Pilates (Pilates Floor Flow workout)

I still love Jessica's Pilates Floor Flow workout. In addition to being a good pilates workout, there are so many wonderful stretches all through that workout.

Beth, thanks for the cartoon humor!

Pam, I love hearing about your forest walks.

Pat, yes your affirmation idea is much better!

Cyana, I always get a kick out of your squat session while drying your hair!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-21, 01:54 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello & happy Friday!

Beth - I know I “should” do more weight training, but it’s not something I enjoy. Lifting heavy doesn’t make my wrists, knees, & low back happy. I stick with low weight/high rep workouts like Barre3. There’s bone building value in yoga & Essentrics too, pulling on the joints in yoga poses & eccentric strength work. It brings to mind Dr Fishman’s “Bone 12” yoga poses. But my research tells me that weight bearing exercise helps too & the cardio junkie in me is happy about that, lol.

Cyana - Love those stealth hair dryer workouts!

Paine - I’ve been on the fence about Jessica’s Yoga Plus Pilates. It’s had great reviews here.

Pat - Being a “tree hugging hippie” works too, lol. I like your affirmation, it makes me think of the value of resilience.

I taught Essentrics this morning & I’ll be back later to post my workouts....
Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-21, 05:28 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

This afternoon I walked with my 5 year old grandson to our city park. It was gorgeous outside. I walked 5,885 steps. At the park by the pond we saw a lot of seagulls, ducks, geese and American coots. No pelican this time. We got close to the American coots and my grandson marveled at their weird green feet. I told my grandson that all birds are living dinosaurs. He thought that was funny.

Pam, I love Jessica's pilates floor flow workout but I don't like the yoga practice on that DVD. I still enjoy the floor workout enough that it was worth the purchase to me for that one workout.
Old 04-09-21, 11:45 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s workouts:
~Taught Essentrics on zoom
~neighbourhood walk
~15 min rebounding
~MFML: Pilates Back Mobiliy - Stopped after12 minutes. It started with a couple of nice standing sequences, but after that it was really just ab focused Pilates mat work. Not what I was looking for.
~MFML: Evening Yoga Relaxation

Paine - Your walk today sounds lovely! Thanks for your thoughts on Jessica’s Dvd.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-21, 09:56 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Yin Yoga with Kim Eng (Yin Yoga 2 practice)

Happy Saturday everyone!
Old 04-10-21, 11:39 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Happy Saturday! Yesterday I walked at the beach after work, and totaled 8,500 steps for the day. I had plans for yoga or qigong after, but it didn't happen. We were both so tired I just cooked some sweet potatoes and green beans in the microwave to go with veggie burgers.

Paine, how cool that you and GS got to see the coots and their funny feet. Sounds like some very nice quality time.

I have so much to do on my weekend "off." Roll eyes! Waves everyone, I hope you are all healthy and happy.
Old 04-10-21, 12:01 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

duplicate
Old 04-10-21, 02:16 PM  
cyana

Happy Week-end! I was greeted by the catkin gremlins this AM - walked out the door and found a little heap of catkins waiting for me on the mat.

Started the day bright and early at the farmer's market and brought home a massive haul of......plants, go figure. Four native azaleas, two butterfly bushes, a Lily of the Nile and a whole boxload of edible and companion plants - herbs, tomatoes, peppers, lettuce and marigolds. And I got two bunches of flowers, so I'm beginning to look like the Crazy Flower Lady since I currently have six vases of flowers in my house (most of them are leftover from last week). I figure if we're stuck at home, I might as well put things in my house that make me smile. I also got some locally grown strawberries today.....those will be part of my dinner this evening. They smell amazing.

I'm going to work out later this afternoon. Still trying to decide what the work-out du jour will be. The great news is that I have plenty of time and don't have to rush, so hopefully I can come up with a nice mish-mash of activities.

Paine - How neat that your grandson got to see the alien bird feet. Remember when I mentioned how my son loved to go to a former neighbor's house for Easter every year? Out of the blue that neighbor sent me a text last night to tell me one of her granddaughters was the only egg hunter this year. She was a great walking and gardening buddy, as well as a kindred soul when it comes to sharing my warped sense of humor.

Pam - I'd never heard the term shinrin-yoku, but tree-hugging hippie most assuredly works for me, too. I'm at a point in life where tree-hugging hippie feels like a badge of honor. I'm trying to decide whether to sign up for Sahra's gardener's series on EssentricsTV.....definitely need to start using my ETV subscription more. I plan to do something from MFML this week-end, too.

Pat - I hear you on "week-end off" (I believe that might be an oxymoron). I need to outlaw to do lists, since those just make me feel guilty. Hooray on making it all the way to the osprey nest. Still haven't heard my owls since the neighbor's noisy yard work two weeks ago.

Beth - Sounds like you have a busy week-end planned. I like weight training, but have had to shift over to more light/endurance style weights in recent years as my joints just don't tolerate the heavy lifting. I'll take funnies any day of the week.

Sandra
- Is next month when you start seeing the cherry people around your area? I was talking to one of my main farmers this AM, and massively happy to hear about the summer veggies that should start showing up next month.

Waves to ALL. Time to start planning the afternoon work-out.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gall bladder