Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-21, 08:48 AM  
JustSandra

Hello!

No workout on Monday, but I did get in a 2.5-hour outdoor walk.

Tuesday's Workout: I did the Upper Focus routine from Jessica Smith's Boost Metabolism + Muscle. I also enjoyed a 1.5-hour outdoor walk.

My niece is still regularly using my workout room for her massages. However, she's now letting me know well in advance when she has it booked, and I cleared out some closet space where she can store the massage table, sheets, etc. These adjustments help both of us.

Re My Pillow, I have a friend who has one and loves it. I was never tempted to try one, though.

Hope everyone is enjoying a great week!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-21, 10:51 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Strong for Life Upper Body workout plus calves
Cassey Ho Pop Pilates Flat Abs Fast (Muffin Top Melter workout)

Cassey's Muffin Top Melter workout was challenging! I will likely be sore tomorrow.

Beth, I think you'll really enjoy that Yoga training in June. It's perfect for you!

Pam, lI also had to google shinrin-yoku. That's so neat!

Sandra, I think a 2.5 hour outdoor walk is a great workout!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-21, 08:38 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello mat mavens!

Today’s workouts:
~Hatha flow yoga class live stream on Vimeo from a studio in the city. I have several passes left and keep forgetting to use them. This was quite an active class, not fast paced but lots of planks & chaturangas.
~5 km forest trail walk, got my 10,000 steps in

Paine - I did a couple of Casey’s workouts in the past & they are tough!

Sandra - That’s a looong walk & definitely a workout! I’m glad you & your niece have found a good compromise with her massage table.

Beth - The yoga therapy course sounds wonderful! My friend’s challenge is very low key, a weekly workout and a FB checkin group. She is an awesome girl, an athletic therapist & teaches Essentrics, barre, & yoga. She did my Level 1 Essentrics exam in Tulsa back in 2017. I don’t really need that sort of thing to stay active with checking in here, but I enjoy staying connected with her and want to support her.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-21, 09:10 PM  
JustSandra

Hi -- back with

Today's Workout: The Firm Lower Body Sculpt II with Libby. Haven't done this one in quite a while but I still enjoy it.

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-21, 09:36 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I think the yoga course will be great! Also, if I ever decide to do other training with them, it would be a stepping stone.

I don't remember if I mentioned that the tech who did my DEXA scan Monday said I had early osteopenia around the hip area; she said I'm closer to normal than to osteoporosis. It does make me think I need to get back to adding in more weigh work though! I'm going to try to do a little almost every day.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-21, 08:33 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Morning all! Yesterday featured:

~ Finished Qigong 03/26/21
~ Lunch walk
~ Shakti Warrior 1, Embody & Activate
~ Day 3 of Kassandra's evening yoga
~ Almost 8,000 steps

Once again I really liked the Kassandra. The BellyFit - is probably the fourth time I've done Embody & Activate to restart Shakti Warrior (and fail, LOL) - but I love the workout so it's all good.

Beth, i'm sorry to hear about the osteopenia. There are lots of discussions at VF on both -penia and -porosis. Thanks so much for the poem!

Pam - your yoga/Essentrics friend sounds like a good friend to have.

Sandra, good thing you and your niece have come to a better place with her use of your workout space.

Paine you are brave to work out with Cassie Ho. I've tried a couple of her offerings and had to bail. She is tough.

Everyone, have a healthy and wonderful day.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-21, 10:19 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Ballet Beautiful Backstage Workout (Arabesque Extensions; Ballerina Legs Inner Thighs; Staggered Bridge, Legs, Butt & Core)
YouTube 15 min Evening Yoga Stretches – Day #7 (BEDTIME YOGA FOR BEGINNERS) Yoga With Kassandra

I needed a good stretch after that difficult Ballet Beautiful Backstage workout. I previewed Kassandra's day 7 of her 30 day challenge and I liked that the yoga practice was done while laying on the back so I did that one. It felt really good but right at the beginning of the practice Kassandra said the mantra for this practice is "I trust the flow of life". As soon as she said it, I thought B.S.! People in this world get horrific illnesses and die a miserable suffering death so I don't trust the flow of life. This is a world of beauty and chaos. Kassandra repeated that phrase throughout the practice and it was a turn off.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-21, 01:22 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Who's up for a Hump Day funny one day late?

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 04-09-21, 12:57 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s workouts:
~More shinrin-yoku....7.5 km forest trail walk, lots of hills
~MFML: Pilates for the Neck & Shoulders - This was a gentle upper body stretch & strength, all on the mat with light hand weights.
~An hour of gentle yoga on my own....forward bends, hip openers, shoulder stretches, chest openers, twists

Beth - Love your hump day funny! My dexa scans have shown borderline osteopenia since I went through menopause. It improved very slightly a few years ago & has stayed stable thankfully, I think my love of weight bearing cardio exercise has helped. I am fine boned, have small wrists and ankles. My sister is similar and has more bone loss than I do so I believe there’s a genetic component involved.

Paine - Yep bad things happen to good people, and I agree there’s a lot of chaos amongst the beauty.

Waving to everyone!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-21, 07:20 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pam, your walks sounds so wonderful!

The DEXA tech told me the most loss occurs in the 4 years before and after menopause, so if I'm lucky, this could be the worse it gets. I love weight training too but think I need to step it up a bit/be more conscientious about it.

TGIF!!! It's been another long week and I have a relatively busy weekend by pandemic standards (grocery shopping tonight; have to be at the studio both tomorrow & Sunday), but I'm glad for the weekend.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Tags
gall bladder