Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-26-20, 03:22 PM  
Anny

Sandra I think that the idea of finishing off the month with stretch workouts sounds just heavenly.

Pat that’s so annoying about the oven.

Paine I hope you are sleeping better. I had a restless night Sunday night, laying awake for hours, but last night was better.

Beth it’s a good feeling to get those odd things done, even if forced to do so be cause of the driveway. During our strict lockdown in April/May, I managed to get a large number of little things finally finished, including buying and building a new storage shelf for the laundry which instantly made it seem less cluttered.

I’ve been alternating workouts these last few days, one day of yoga (most recently YWA Let it Go yoga and weights workouts from Joyce Vedral’s books (yesterday I did the upper body plu back routine from Definition.
Old 10-26-20, 03:39 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Anny, getting little projects done is rewarding! I also recovered my folding chair with new contact paper.

Pam, I'll be interested to hear your feedback on the video.

Pat, thanks for the day reminder; at least we are almost through it now!

I'm going to try the next Shakti Warrior today.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-20, 04:50 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Today is a planned rest day.

Pat, your restorative yoga workshop sounds wonderful!

Anny, thank you. I slept better last night. I woke up at 2am but fell asleep at 9pm so I slept 5 hours, which is really good for me.
I like getting those organizational projects done at home.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-20, 05:16 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Today I did back, biceps and shoulders from Cathe's CrossTrain Express. I also meditated with the video Beth put up today. The sloth pulled me in

Yesterday I did chest and triceps on my own. I really need to stop working chest until the shoulder gets fixed. I also did Yoga Class for Afternoon #2. I think that was it. The phone interrupted me twice so I waited til my sweetie went to work and started over.

No one called to give me results or to schedule surgery. I'll have to harass someone in the doctor's office tomorrow. I need to get the date I want so the man can be with me for almost 2 weeks.

Cat owners, have you ever moved into a different house with your cat(s)? Meow has had so much trauma in her young life I hate to think about upsetting her. I've moved with dogs but they have a different attitude than cats. I'm not moving anytime soon and not even sure I'll be the one to move, but if it's going to be too much for her, I won't consider it.

I hope everyone gets a good night's sleep tonite.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-20, 07:06 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Back to post my workouts....
~WOW Monster Mash walk
~Long beachfront walk at a local park with DH
~Beth’s Spacious Spine on YT - This was very nice, thanks Beth! The twists & side stretches felt especially good! ETA I enjoyed the supine backbends too, they feel so good after spending too much time on my computer.
~Figure 4 at the wall & legs up the wall
~Steps: 11,918 and counting...

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-20, 08:37 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Aww, Pam, thanks for the sweet feedback! I've done a version of the opening series from that video in classes with blocks (I LOVE supported fish over 2 blocks). And I tell all my students that the lateral stretches are my favorites; I love gate pose too! I also love bananasana, and in my yin training we learned how to do it with a strap (like this) - so awesome!

Linda, that's frustrating not to have information; hope you are able to find out. And haha on getting hooked in by the sloth!

Paine glad you got at least a little more sleep.

Pat, I forgot to comment to say the restorative class sounds so nice! I do miss going to some local restorative classes where the instructors would help you get settled and even tuck you in.

I'm off to campus tomorrow for my covid pool testing. Hope our group tests covid-free!!!

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 10-26-20, 08:50 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Beth - I hope you and your coworkers are all Covid negative!
I actually subbed supported fish pose with two blocks for your first pose with the blanket. It’s a fave of mine too! I like the bananasana with the strap, will have to try that!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Old 10-26-20, 08:53 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogapam View Post
Beth - I hope you and your coworkers are all Covid negative!
I actually subbed supported fish pose with two blocks for your first pose with the blanket. It’s a fave of mine too! I like the bananasana with the strap, will have to try that!
I did the block version of fish tonight too. I stayed with the blanket in the video since I thought it would be more accessible. If you try the bananasana with the strap, you are using the strap like a bow, your hand like an arrow to adjust the tension.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 10-27-20, 12:32 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
I did the block version of fish tonight too. I stayed with the blanket in the video since I thought it would be more accessible. If you try the bananasana with the strap, you are using the strap like a bow, your hand like an arrow to adjust the tension.
Supported fish with the blocks isn’t for everyone as it can be intense. But it feels so good!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

Old 10-27-20, 07:59 AM  
sherry7899

Sunday was supposed to be a rest day, but I did a half hour Yoga Ranger class.

Yesterday I planned a long cardio session, but I had muscle spasms in my back (awful!) so I did a forty minute Yoga Ranger for low back/hip release. After that I had an eye exam which included getting my eyes dilated. It took hours to wear off, so I could not read or use the internet. It was a frustrating day.

This morning I started the Shine Dance workout for Breast Cancer Awareness, but it moved too quickly. I stopped after ten minutes and switched to a Body Project cardio followed by Yoga Ranger "Soothe" half hour practice.

Beth, good luck with the testing! I hope you are all negative.

Linda, I hope you get test results today. The waiting time is ridiculous! We only moved cats to a new home once. I think the best thing is to keep them in one room for a few days until they get more used to the space. We didn't do that (found out about that advice later). The two cats we had then hid under the couch for awhile, then came out and explored the space. They were honestly fine within a day or so.

Pat, I hope you find an alternative for your oven.

I'll try to check back later.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote