Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-22-20, 07:41 AM  
Garrie A.

I'm on my second round of Cathe's STS program and will be doing Mesocycle 2 (Hypertrophy ) for November. Today is my last Meso 1 workout and next week is active recovery. I also plan on inserting the Perfect 30 workouts, too (mostly the HiiT and Flow workouts since STS is what I'm doing strength-wise).
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Retro Rotation!!

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-20, 07:47 AM  
donnamp

You know, I have been thinking, while I'm still working from home 100% of the time, I am thinking about splitting my workouts up to morning/noon/evening. As I get "wiser" I find myself more and more stiff in the morning and it is hard for me to motivate myself to do strenuous cardio or strength workouts. Also, during this time of year, it is important to get outside more - since the days will be growing shorter.

So, here's what I am thinking. It will require discipline b/c I'm not used to working out in the afternoon or evening, but, here's what I'm thinking:

Monday - Morning - Yoga/Pilates/CS
Lunch/Mid-Day - Outdoor walk - weather permitting (or indoor cardio)
After work - Short strength session - 10-15 min

Tuesday - Morning - Yoga/Pilates/CS
Lunch/Mid-Day - Outdoor walk/indoor workout (30 min)
After Work - Short Strength Session - 10-15 min

Wed - Morning - Yoga/Pilates/CS
Lunch/Mid-day - my cleaning/chores day - mid-week refresh
After Work - 30 min - free choice -

Thursday - Morning - Yoga/Pilates/CS
Lunch Mid-Day - Outdoor Walk/indoor workout (30 min)
After Work - Short Strength Session - 10-15 min

Friday - Morning - Yoga/Pilates/CS
Lunch/Mid Day - Free choice workout (30 min)
After work - night off

Sat and Sun - will be free days -

It will take some discipline and juggling - but I think my energy levels would be more consistent throughout the day. When I worked in the office i would almost always take a 20-30 min walk in the afternoon.

So, we shall see - I may give it a go!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-20, 12:18 PM  
momofcha

I am wrapping up a Lauren playground rotation of “mighty muscle”. I’m going to take all next week to do melt workouts and then be ready for more kettlebells with Perfect 30 for the month of November

I’m still nursing a sore elbow but plan on “Slightly Conventional” from Lauren with the HIiT and mobility from Cathe.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-20, 05:19 PM  
Anny

I love reading people’s workout plans - they give me inspiration.

I’m thinking about a Joyce Vedral rotation for November- I do a a Joyce workout one or two days a week currently but remember getting good results when I did an all Joyce some years back.

However, I’m also tempted by the possible Leslie Thanksgiving rotation mentioned above!
Old 10-22-20, 05:42 PM  
donnamp

Anny - here's Leslie's challenge:

https://walkathome.com/the-21-days-b...t-of-all-days/

It is even good to just use as an outdoor mileage guide so you could sub outdoor walks, too. Or, sometimes I just use it as time for cardio - like 1 mile = 15 min cardio, 2 miles= 30min, etc.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-20, 07:23 PM  
Anny

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
Anny - here's Leslie's challenge:

https://walkathome.com/the-21-days-b...t-of-all-days/

It is even good to just use as an outdoor mileage guide so you could sub outdoor walks, too. Or, sometimes I just use it as time for cardio - like 1 mile = 15 min cardio, 2 miles= 30min, etc.

Donna
Thank you!
Old 10-22-20, 08:08 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anny View Post
I love reading people’s workout plans - they give me inspiration.
I agree!! I love reading this thread

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-20, 09:47 PM  
Taiga

I've been in a nostalgic mood --I'm doing a BB Les Mills rotation currently and will probably keep that through December. I do sprinkle a variety of DVDs through the week on the scheduled days off so I still have plenty of TRX, mobility, step, kickboxing time etc.

I always have the hardest time picking out my coveted January rotation!! I'm thinking mostly Tony Horton (One on Ones, P90X2) but Edge Booty and Body Beast are calling me too I will spend weeks salivating over my options and then make a final decision last minute lol

I remember the excitement of getting P90X2 just in time for my New Year's rotation that year. I was soooo excited and had a lot of fun/great results. I do love ringing in the New Year with a shiny new goal
Old 10-23-20, 12:56 AM  
cjayd
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofcha View Post
I am wrapping up a Lauren playground rotation of “mighty muscle”. I’m going to take all next week to do melt workouts and then be ready for more kettlebells with Perfect 30 for the month of November

I’m still nursing a sore elbow but plan on “Slightly Conventional” from Lauren with the HIiT and mobility from Cathe.
How do you like Mighty Muscle? I bought that earlier this year but haven’t done it yet. I did BeSlam 2 instead which I loved and gained a ton of strength. I can do a full push-up all the way to the floor, take my hands off and push back up with no knees or sagging in the middle on the way back up which is a first for me. Can you compare them?

I’m on week five of Caroline Girvan’s Epic rotation so I’ll be working on that through November. I’ve been doing a lot of kettlebells so am enjoying the traditional lifting with a different moves than I’ve done before. I always enjoy discovering new moves that feel effective.
cjayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-20, 08:13 AM  
bubbles76

My plan for October was to do a mostly Ilaria rotation. Two days Atletica, two days Powerstrike/Body Strike, and two day of long yoga (60 minutes or more), rest. However, my knees have been objecting. So I will probably do the following:

One day Atletica, one day Powerstrike/Bodystrike/ two days Margaret Richard, two days long yoga, rest. We'll see if my knees like this better. It's what I've done this week, and they seem to like it.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rotations