Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-13-20, 10:37 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s workouts:
~Essentrics class
~Neighbourhood walk
~2 short Bellicon streaming workouts: All About Arms & Abs which used light hand weights and Booty Barre which I rigged up my Maxi Glider beside my rebounder & used the handles as my barre. I’m doing a free 7 day trial, no CC required, to see if I’d use this site. I had a sub a few years ago.
~Shakti Warrior Dance Day 6: Express Your Truth - Another all standing workout & lots of fun. She did peaceful warrior pose & triangle pose at the end. Alice wears shoes for these standing workouts, but I am barefoot and loving it. I believe she said the rest of the classes would have some mat work.
~Steps: 10,025

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-20, 06:21 AM  
Anny

I’ve been away for the last few days for work, to Wollongong (a small city about 2 hours drive from home). I stayed at a motel near the beach and while work hours were long so I didn’t get in a swim, I did have amazing views. And I managed to do some yoga from YouTube in my room (mostly YWA).

Sherry I love pasta et fagioli!

Linda you will have to let me know how your Joyce rotation goes. Most weeks I do a couple of days of a Joyce strength workout, mostly from her books.

Donna happy birthday! Like Beth, I also did not know what FRA meant lol!
Old 10-14-20, 08:38 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Hi everyone! My workout plans got dashed last night. I was going to do lower body Pilates and start on Sculpture with the arms series, but on the way home I was almost in a head on collision because of a car that skidded in the rain and came speeding right toward me. He veered off at the last second then over corrected, this time almost T-boning me. By a miracle I was not hit, but I did something to my back from whatever defensive measures my body took. I still feel the neck tendons from gripping the steering wheel and have a terrible backache and neck ache. Jerk!!!!

Fortunately I had done Ellen's 20 minute Weight Watchers walk before leaving work. At home I did Tias Little's Tech Neck practice on Glo to loosen up some, then my own restorative poses with a bolster.

I'm too grumpy to chat this morning. Planning out some restorative sequences until my back and anxiety levels settle down. I hope you all have a good day!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-20, 08:40 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Wait a minute - wait a minute --

Donna, I am so happy for you that you got to visit with your grandsons. I can't imagine how much joy your heart overflowed with! Happy birthday!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-20, 10:23 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Jari Slim & Lean Upper Body work selections plus One-legged Squats & Wide Plie
Rodney A.M. P.M. Yoga (A.M. Yoga practice)

Pat, thank goodness you didn't get in a car accident but that near miss had to be frightening! I hope your neck and back feel better soon. When I was younger, I drove tons of miles in the traffic all throughout southern California and it didn't bother me but now I feel much more hesitant and frightened about driving, especially in traffic. If I was rich, I'd pay to have a full time driver and never drive again!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-20, 11:10 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Oh Pat that must have been so scary! I hope your back & neck feel better soon! (((Hugs)))

Paine - I am less inclined to drive these days too, especially in a big city. I’ve driven in Montreal, Toronto, & Vancouver over the years, but now the thought of going over to Vancouver & driving there kinda fills me with dread. Victoria is my limit, lol. I don’t mind highway driving though.

Anny - I googled Wollongong, it looks lovely!

Back later with my workouts.....

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-20, 11:30 AM  
sherry7899

Hi and good afternoon!

I had planned on strength work today, but I woke up with a stiff neck and shoulders. I will do yoga to address that later! I did cardio instead.

I did this Body Project short workout, which I enjoyed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYyNM9pmOlA&t=399s

And this half hour walking workout from the fabulous 50s you tube channel. It did not bug my hip flexors and lower back. The instructor claims you can burn over 300 calories with this workout, which did not happen for me, but that's okay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTFpksE0Fyc

Pat, that is so scary! I am so sorry you went through that. I hope you are feeling better soon. Can you soak in a bath with epsom salts when you get home? Hugs!!

Anny, pasta fagioli is one of my favorite soups also! I use wheat orzo. I really like the wheat pasta. It makes the soup very filling.

Paine, I could never drive in southern California. I would be terrified! I have major driving anxiety, and our roads aren't as congested as they are near you.

Pam, I ended up buying the Daily Om workouts. I will use them soon. Thank you for your descriptions. I really appreciated it.

Donna-Happy Belated Birthday! I am so happy you could see your family. That is the absolute best gift!

Beth, I am glad your class went well.

I hope everyone is having a good day.

Hi to anyone I missed.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-20, 12:33 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

I did Joyce Vedral's upper body Bottoms Up book workout and abs from Gilad Quick Fit series.

Anny - Bottoms Up Gold was the only Joyce DVD I kept after I hurt my spine. It was much too fast for what I wanted yesterday. I'll be using the books and maybe throw in a Cathe once in awhile. Today I couldn't face all those reps in Def.

Hi to everyone. Rushing.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-20, 03:05 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Linda I don't have all of your health issues, but I never really could face Cathe. (Actually, I used to do more of her intermediate routines, but she never clicked with me.)

Sherry, I have done the arms workout from Fabulous 50s; I'll have to try some of her others.

Paine, I remember that AM Yoga from Yee been very gentle. I enjoyed my time with him recently!

Pat a little grumpiness is certainly expected after your scare yesterday! Hope you find something to help you feel better.

Anny I googled Wollongong too; looks gorgeous! I'm jealous of your beautiful country.

Pam tonight might be the night I buy the Dancing Warrior; I had a rough work day, so I think the treat is warranted.

In my South Philadelphia Italian family (mom's side), pasta et fagioli is "pasta fazool."

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-20, 03:19 PM  
Anny

Pam and Beth I don’t know if you read this when you googled Wollongong, but locals there often call it ‘the Gong’! I love living near water in the Sydney Harbour and the harbour views from my balcony, but the beach views and sounds of waves at night in Wollongong was also lovely.

Pat I’m glad to hear you are okay!

Linda I don’t have the Bottoms Up book. I have Definition, Fat Burning, Weight Training Made Easy, the College Dorm, 12 Minute, Toning for Teens (from when my sons were younger and used to do this Joyce routine). DVD wise, I only have Fat Burning plus GutBusters (I think that’s the combo). I used to have Fast Forward but loaned it to someone and never got I back, sadly.

I’ll probably do a Joyce after work today!