Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-11-20, 09:26 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Anny, hope that the conversation with your brother goes well. I feel for him in dealing with his own recovery on top of the loss of his son.

Linda, I love that you have found a new supportive family!!! I do recall how difficult things were with Jerry's family. Yes, I am trying to take my own advice and take things a little at a time. One of my coping strategies throughout has been to bake, which I haven't done in awhile; I think I might need to bake today.

Pam, water is so healing, isn't it? I started following the thread on GD so I could get your continued updates on Alice's workouts.

Paine, hope you are able to get a little more sleep; being tired definitely makes everything else more difficult. How are your grandsons doing? Is the older one doing remote kindergarten?

Wishing everyone a peaceful day.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-20, 11:01 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Fitness Becomes You Volume 1 Program C (Upper Body work); Volume 2 Program C (calves)

YouTube: 10 Min Gentle Morning Yoga For Women | YOGA WITH SPINAL TWISTS AND BACKBENDS (BrettLarkinYoga)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6a_4...rettLarkinYoga

The YouTube yoga that I did today was just fair and I didn't bookmark it. It was a bit more activating than I wanted.

Pam, your country was smart to protect itself quickly and adequately from the coronavirus. You are in a beautiful and safe location.

Beth, if you bake today, let us know what you made!
I slept better last night! My grandsons are doing great. Yes, the 5 year old is doing remote kindergarten and it's going well.

I hope Sandra is OK. She hasn't checked in for awhile and it's not like her.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-20, 11:03 AM  
sherry7899

Good morning!

I slept better and did exercise right away, so I am feeling better than yesterday.

My workout:

-Body Project HIIT 32 minutes-whew!
-Body Project 22 minute cardio from you tube (don't know the name, but enjoyed it)
-Yoga Ranger Yoga for Sore and Tired Bodies-perfect for after HIIT

tomorrow is a planned rest day. I can't do more than three days in a row. I will do some gentle yoga, though.

I will be back with personals later. I want to get things done around the house while I still have energy

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-20, 11:06 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine & Sherry, glad to hear that you both slept better last night!!!

More later.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 10-11-20, 02:11 PM  
cyana

Desk Jockey swooping in for a post and run. I can't believe this is the first time I've posted this month. Work is still grueling and I have to put in some time today, and yes, I'm putting it off as long as I can. I'm working out most days, but find that Friday mornings are really tough, so I've been taking that as my rest day. I'm mainly doing Team Body Project work-outs from YT with some rebounding, weights and stretching on my own added on. I'm trying to do the hour long work-out with weights as least weekly, and alternate between the 17 and 30 minute videos. I'm still loving the 17 minute work-out with Steve Wonder's Superstition, so that's been my go to for days when I'm short on time. I didn't do any qi gong or yoga last week (aside from my daily breath work). I've been treating myself to flowers from the farmer's market and have been enjoying some pretty sunflowers.

I have to laugh at the different ways people describe the smell of valerian.....all of them are derogatory. A former co-worker described it as smelling like stinky gym socks.

I need to back off on the coffee, which will be easier to do with the temps beginning to cool off. I'm thinking some Organic India Breakfast Tea will be good for the mornings (it contains some black tea, so hopefully no caffeine withdrawal headache). I used to have a night time cup of tea immediately after dinner as a signal to my body that it is time to start winding down.

I envy all of you who live near water......my perfect place to live would definitely have water nearby. I need a vacation - definitely near some water.

Linda - That's really a bummer about the shoulder surgery. Everyone I know who has had it says the rehab is grueling and lengthy, but I know you will do whatever it takes. I'm glad to hear all is well with you and the man and Meow. He definitely sounds like a keeper. Hope you're continuing to feel better.

Sherry - DS bought me 2 of the porcelain muffin tins that I originally saw on the Downshiftology web site where I got the egg muffin recipe (they came from Amazon), so hopefully now I'll have an easier time extracting the finished product from the tin. They're so pretty, I'm having a hard time making myself use them....combined with the fact that I haven't exactly had a lot of time to cook. Thanks SO much for mentioning Team Body Project. They've been a nice change of pace and I hope to check out their web site one of these days.

Anny - I'm so happy to hear that you were able to travel to Adelaide to see your family. I'm sure you were tickled pink to see your granddaughter! Speaking of Adelaide, I'm continuing to enjoy the Hindley Street Country club music videos on YT - there seems to be a never-ending stream of talented musicians from Adelaide popping up in their videos.

Beth - Hopefully the new studio will be a good fit for for you.....two students for a new class in a new time slot isn't shabby. You'll have to let us know if you try candlelight yoga. I still haven't taken my LED candles out of the package......it's my intent to do some candlelight yoga with those one of these days.

Garrie - My hat is off to you for putting STS on the schedule......thinking about Cathe right now makes me tired. It's funny you mentioned Rodney Yee's Yoga for Athletes.....I know I have that on VHS and DVD and haven't seen either copy in ages. There were some good stretches on there that I could really use right now.

Carolyn - I'm glad to hear things are better for you on the busy front. I hear you on the right hamstrings/hips. Mine are always tight, but now I fear I shall need a crowbar to get things loosened up after so many hours at the desk this fall.

Sandra - I hope you're able to get back outdoors to your long walks soon. I'm definitely feeling the pull to get outside. We've had a couple of cool mornings that would've been great for a long walk. I've worked so many hours I completely missed the first full moon of the month!

Paine - I'm glad to hear that you've had some nights with better sleep. Mine was better for a few nights and then back to the usual wake up in the middle of the night crap.

Pam - Did you enjoy your Essentrics immersion? We've had some crappy weather, too - rain, rain and just when I'd think it was safe to dash out for a walk, it would start raining again.

Pat - I hope you're enjoying some beautiful fall days at the ocean - one of my favorite times to visit.

I've procrastinated as long as I can - must get to work!

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-20, 04:01 PM  
Anny

cyana nice to hear from you! I’ll have to check out that 17 minute workout. Oh and I was in Hindley St in a coffee shop when I was in Adelaide!

Paine, I also hope Sandra is okay.

Beth yesterday (Sunday) I baked a French loaf from scratch to go with dinner. Fresh bread from the oven is so yummy!

Yesterday I did more Pilates. When cleaning out my bookshelf I found some older Pilates books so I did a workout from one of the books. It begins with some cardio as a warmup (jumping jacks, jogging in place, etc) so that was a little different.
Old 10-11-20, 04:36 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Mmm, Anny, your French bread sounds yummy! I actually baked today too--I made banana bread and PB&J baked oatmeal (which I'll freeze in individual servings). I actually started doing Pilates from a book (The Pilates Body by Brooke Siler) years before I ever tried yoga.

cyana I think you do need a vacation! I did Yee's Yoga Cond for Athletes on Friday and really enjoyed it. Maybe you need to set those candles around your desk when you are burning the midnight oil.

Here was my week:

Monday
Hip Hop Abs - Far Burning Cardio #1 (first time pulling out HHA in awhile)
Yoga Upload with Maris (YT) - 30m Feel Good Yoga

Tuesday
no workout...but TAUGHT yoga in-studio

Wednesday
Yoga in the Garden of Serenity - Neck & Shoulders (did this in the a.m. & it felt so good!)
Classical Stretch - 601, Arms & Posture (this felt really nice too!)
Yoga Tune Up Massage Therapy Kit - Shoulders/wall, Upper Back/floor (anyone notice a trend for this day? )

Thursday
Barre3 (FB) - 20m Henderson with Dustin
Tracy Campoli (YT) - Sexy Dancer's Arms
Melissa West (YT) - 30m Mobility for Stiff Joints

Friday
recumbent bike, 32min
Yoga Conditioning for Athletes (all)

Saturday
Hatha yoga class with Molly (1st studio yoga since March)

Sunday
Barre3 (FB) - 20m Seattle-Ballard
Susan Smelt (FB) - Yoga Sunday 10/11 (about 2/3 of 30m)

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 10-11-20, 06:57 PM  
JustSandra

Here I am! So sorry to disappear for a few days.

Wednesday's Workout: Margaret Richard's Perfect 10, Volume 1, section B.

Today's Workout: Margaret Richard's Triple Threat, Segments 1-3 (pecs, triceps, biceps). Also got in a nice long outdoor walk.

Our condo complex is being painted, and the painters began on my unit on Thursday (power washing -- it like there was a hurricane outside) and then the spray painting on Friday (all the windows covered with plastic and lots of strange noises outside). Before that I had to move all plants, shelves, etc. away from the exterior walls. I also had to move the cat box indoors (normally my boys go through a pet door set in a sliding glass door directly into a screened "catio"). My poor patio, which is my refuge, is still all topsy-turvy. I felt too depressed to feel like working out until today. However, the worst should be over (just trim, doors, carports now) and in a couple days I should have everything back to normal.

Linda: So sorry to hear about the attack. Your man is definitely a keeper!

Take care everyone. I promise I'll be back tomorrow!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-20, 09:04 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s workouts:
~Cardio: 20 min Cardio Bounce with Weights on YT, 20 min freestyle rebounding, & 20 min on my Maxi Glider
~Essentrics trademark practice
~Shakti Warrior Dance Day 4: Power Up - So I’m posting my thoughts here as it dawned on me that the vfers interested in this series are all mat mavens, lol. This was all standing, more cardio based, faster pace, a little gentle kickboxing & balance work in the mix. I quite liked it!
~Headstand, neck hammock hang time, YTU neck release, reclined yin leg stretches & hip openers
~Steps: 9037, not bad for a blustery rainy indoor day

Sandra - Ugh, that sounds so disruptive, especially at such a trying time! Hope they are done soon and you can put your home back in order. (((Hugs)))

Cyana - Sorry to hear work continues to be grueling. I’m with Beth, you deserve a vacation! Smelly socks sums up the smell of valerian perfectly!
I did enjoy my Essentrics immersion & I learned a lot!

Paine - We are pretty safe out here on the west coast, our cases are low. We are on an island and our cases here are especially low, but you never know. Eastern Canada, Quebec, Ontario & Manitoba, has been hit hard lately.

Sherry & Paine - Yay, glad you slept better....I did too!

Nice week with lots of variety Beth! I haven’t done Yoga in the Garden of Serenity for ages.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-20, 05:31 AM  
sherry7899

Good morning! I woke up at 5 am (sigh) but after seeing that Paine wakes up at 2 or 3 am, I will not complain! I am taking a rest day today, but I will do some yoga later.

I got a lot done yesterday. In addition to getting all the laundry done and some cleaning, I did a bunch of cooking/baking so I'm almost set for the next few days. Including exercise, I racked up 14,000 steps without leaving the house! I think that is my highest ever step count.

I made pasta fagioli soup, two kinds of roasted vegetables, crustless spinach quiche, turkey pepperoni cheese bread (my son inhales that) and cinnamon swirl chocolate chip bread.

Today I will make apple cinnamon baked oatmeal and pasta/turkey meatballs. I won't have to cook again until later in the week.

Beth, I saw on Facebook that you made baked oatmeal. Would you mind posting the recipe link? That sounds good!

Pam, thanks for posting your thoughts on the Daily Om workouts. I appreciate it. I was watching an episod of "Love it or List It" last night and thought of you since I'm pretty sure the episode was filmed in Canada. Happy Thanksgiving!

Sandra, wow, what a pain! I hope you can get things back to normal soon. It's so disruptive to have to move everything.

Linda, I am glad you are doing better. I am so happy that your new family is so supportive and kind. You deserve that!

Cyana, I really hope your work calms down soon and you can get some very well deserved time off. Have fun using the new muffin pans. I love that Body Project workout.

Anny, your bread sounds delicious!

Hi to anyone I missed.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote