Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-12-16, 12:09 PM  
TinaT

Long lasting body sprays.

I'm in search of a brand for body sprays and fragrances that last longer than an hour. I have my one perfume that my husband gets me every year that is expensive, but I'd like something for everyday that doesn't break the bank.

I love "Light Blue" by D & C. (Just so you know).

TIA ~
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-16, 12:19 PM  
PrairieGem

Try something with an oil--rather than alcohol--base. Alcohol evaporates almost immediately, but oil will linger on the skin, holding the scent with it. I find I smell like cherry blossom all day long after using Bath & Bodyworks bath oil.

That said, our psychology professor told us that the brain becomes accustomed to scents after a few minutes, and no longer registers them as strongly. He used perfume as a specific example; once you've applied it, after a while you no longer smell it as strongly, and are tempted to reapply--but the scent is still there; you just don't notice any more. Perhaps ask a family member or coworker if the scent is still noticeable to them?
Old 09-12-16, 04:04 PM  
blueskies

Tina--I'm a huge fan of the Body Fantasies Signature body sprays. You can find them everywhere--Walmart, Walgreens, KMart, Rite Aid, etc. They come in a huge variety of scents, are priced reasonably at around $6.00 for 8 ounces, and some of them last a really long time. I've gotten just as many compliments when I wear them as I do when I wear the $60-$100 a bottle perfumes. I think they originally started as an "everywoman's" version of the more expensive Bath & Body Works scents.

PACE Express rotation: completed 11/14/12

Life is a wonderful thing even with the difficulties that are sprinkled in.
~little bird from VF

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
~Jimmy Dean
blueskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-16, 11:23 PM  
nschultz

Victoria's Secret has some nice body sprays that last awhile
They're a little pricier, but I alternate between 3 different scents (I have the mini bottles) and I've had them for almost a year.
nschultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-16, 11:25 PM  
nschultz

I forgot to mention that Beautiful Day body spray by Bath and Body Works lasts awhile and I've gotten plenty of compliments on the smell.
nschultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-16, 05:22 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskies View Post
Tina--I'm a huge fan of the Body Fantasies Signature body sprays. You can find them everywhere--Walmart, Walgreens, KMart, Rite Aid, etc. They come in a huge variety of scents, are priced reasonably at around $6.00 for 8 ounces, and some of them last a really long time. I've gotten just as many compliments when I wear them as I do when I wear the $60-$100 a bottle perfumes. I think they originally started as an "everywoman's" version of the more expensive Bath & Body Works scents.
I will have to check these out. I was a fan of the Calgon body sprays, which are also on this same website. They don't have as many scents though as BF.

I like BBW (Bath and Body Works), I usually only buy during their semi annual sale, where you can get some scents for around $4.00 a bottle, though sometimes it varies from $4.00-7.00. The sales occur in late June and around end of December/first part of January.

Then there is Ulta, they have their own bath line which includes sprays I believe. I am going to check those out too.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-16, 06:06 AM  
little bird

Try spraying in a different place. I use one spray. I spray it on my underwear. It stays with me all day.
Old 09-13-16, 08:40 AM  
TinaT

Thanks for all the great leads. I'll check them out!
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote