Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-01-21, 11:38 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Margaret Richard & Friends - 2021

Hello! Welcome to the Margaret Richard & Friends check-in
Everyone is welcome!

You don't have to exercise to Margaret or even workout at all- just stop in and say Hello!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-21, 07:09 PM  
Rose

Thank you, Summer Breeze, for getting us started for 2021!

Finished up some black eyed peas for the New Year's meal. Does anyone else eat black eyed peas and greens for New Year's good luck?

Today was an easy day, a YOQI meditation, as I've been dealing with a migraine. It's either due to hormones or champagne last night and mimosas this morning. I don't drink alcohol as I tend to have an allergy to it but I decided to try something new this year. Ha! Back to teetotaling.

Enjoy the first day of 2021!

Rose
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-21, 08:38 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Day 2 of Pahla's Weight Loss challenge - it was short and sweet - under 25 min - 20 seconds walking, 20 seconds low impact, 20 seconds weight. I do have to, as Pahla says, "quiet the monkey chatter" in my brain that says this isn't enough. Still not 100% sure if I will follow through w/ this challenge, but I made it to Day 2. I think the key to me following any challenge is to allow for some flexibility - so it may be that this takes me longer than 30 days to complete if I get the urge to do something else here and there...we shall see...as Pahla also says, "there are no exercise police" so I am sure if I slip in an Ellen Barrett workout, I'll be ok...

Yoga w/ Adriene - Breath - Day 1 - Invitation - this was the longest practice of her series at 48 minutes, but I had the time this morning to do it. It was slow moving, as are most of her Day 1 videos. Again, we shall see how long I last w/ this challenge - again, the key being, allowing for flexibility.

I plan to walk w/ DD today if she is up for it. Yesterday I was just a total couch potato, I haven't done that in forever. It felt good.

Summer Breeze -thanks for starting us off!

Rose - hope you are feeling better. Champagne/Sparkling wine will give me a mild headache from time to time. I had some and I also had some Bailey's Irish Cream, LOL!

Waves, Pat!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-21, 10:05 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Still no workouts to report. I was going to walk with DS yesterday but I still wasn't feeling well. The weather was stinky too.
I'm not sure if it's stress/anxiety or I have a bug but I'm feeling a little shaky and off balance and I had some digestive issues. I'm not eating or sleeping well so that made be contributing also.
I made a doctor appointment for a physical but the earliest they had was February. If I continue not feeling well I'll go in for a sick visit though. I'm hoping to walk today but I'll see how I feel.

ROSE, I hope you feel better soon. I think the black eyed peas is a Southern tradition?
I was reading about in on a thread on GD.

DONNA, looks like you're starting off the year with some good workouts.

Hi PAT.

Have a good day everyone!
Old 01-02-21, 10:54 AM  
donnamp

Summer Breeze - I hope you feel better soon. It is understandable that you are stressed and anxious...

Donna
Old 01-02-21, 01:31 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Woot Woot! Happy 2021!

Thank you for starting our new check-in Summer Breeze - but I do hope you feel better soon. I hope you aren't coming down with something. Maybe all the stress is catching up with you?

Rose, shoot! I forgot to make black eyed peas and I have a great recipe from AllRecipes, too. I hope your migraine goes away soon.

Donna, I like what you said about allowing some flexibility while following a challenge. Yum, Bailey's
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-21, 08:03 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

TGIF!

Yesterday featured:

~ Evening walk
~ Kassandra Day 4
~ 7,500 steps

I was psyched about the walk - my intent was a training session to get a few steps closer to the osprey nest, but I made it all the way! Surprised myself. The pain didn't start kicking in until halfway back home, but it was manageable. The Kassandra - eh, day 4 was not memorable. It had a weird lying twisting pose designed to open the shoulder but it didn't seem safe, at least for my body.

I hope you all have a lovely day!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-21, 08:55 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday evening after work I got my walk in and this morning, so far, has been:

CS 1125 - I know I did this one recently b/c I remember seeing the lizard in the background. It was a standing and barre routine.

Blessful Body - Love Your Core Day 3 - these are short, 10-15 min routines.

It was a stretching/yoga day on the WS 1.0 rotation but I felt like doing CS b/c I'm so darn stiff.

Pat - yay on the walk - is it your back or something else that causes you pain?

Summer Breeze - yes, that is the DVD. Very nice walks.

I heard that an independent local pharmacy is getting a shipment of J&J vaccines, so I called to be put on their waiting list. Our Health Dept has Moderna - and I have been calling all morning and just getting a busy signal.

Oh well, maybe the end is in sight.

Waves, Rose and Christina!

I am thinking about switching gears and doing the Sasa Fit workouts that Horsemom mentioned on GD. They have a free open house going until 4/18, no credit card required.

https://videos.sasafit.com/browse

I'm in the mood for something different and I also want to get back to CS -

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 04-09-21, 09:20 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

59 minute outdoor walk

DS is off from work this week and he came by yesterday to help me with some yardwork and a few other things so we decided to walk afterwards. I am hoping for a walk today. My sister is coming to visit but I'll fit it in at some point hopefully.

DD and I are scheduled for our first moderna shot on Thursday but she's on an antibiotic right now I'm going to check with the dr of course, but the pamphlet that comes with the medication says not to get any vaccines while taking it. I kind of tend to agree with that anyway. It took us so long to get the appt though, it's just frustrating.

PAT, well done on the walk to the osprey nest.
Sorry you did have some pain to deal with it but you did it.

DONNA, good luck with your quest for the vaccine. It does seem the end is in sight (I'm not saying it too loudly though)

Hi ROSE & CHRISTINA.

Have a great day!

Old 04-10-21, 08:52 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

44 minute outdoor walk

I am planning a walk for today too.

DONNA, I saw on GD you got an appt for J&J! Well done.

HI PAT, ROSE & CHRISTINA.

Have a great day!

Tags
jim fixx