Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-05-19, 07:29 AM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
To be fair, it's not really a preview but it seemed like some internal BB announcement, but..... I had the same thought. It was hard to make sense of what was what. One thing that caught my attention: "no repeats" Really? 60 workouts? Call me skeptical.....
60 workouts, no repeats is in line with recent programs like LIIFT4 and the Obsession ones. Of the programs in this style I've only done LIIFT4; it's an 8-week program and all the workouts (32 of them, 8 weeks x 4 days/week) are unique. In LIIFT4 you do chest & triceps every week for the first 6 weeks, for example, and there's a limited set of exercises, but the exercise selection and order vary every week, and HIIT is included in alternate weeks (in chest & tris).The "no repetition" format dictates streaming-only. If you don't mind streaming, the variety is kind of nice - you don't hear the same chatter over and over, and changing up the exercises keeps things a little fresher.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-19, 07:33 AM  
laurajhawk

To comment on the video itself: I see big sweeping movements with lots of momentum, which I don't love. For barre I think smaller more controlled movements are more effective and safer. I'm a Beachbody on Demand subscriber and I like barre, so I'm sure I will try one of these workouts when they're generally available. (There's mention of "VIP access this winter." The recent BB model is that you can pay to get the workouts early, or you can wait until a few months later and they'll be included with the regular On Demand subscription.)

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-19, 08:09 AM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
To comment on the video itself: I see big sweeping movements with lots of momentum, which I don't love. For barre I think smaller more controlled movements are more effective and safer.
Yeah..they keep saying "Barre" but I think they are meaning as in ballet.

This also sounds like it'll be a fusion style...I wonder if it'll be like a revamped YBB? (Which I admit to having absolutely no experience with...)
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-19, 08:18 AM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
To be fair, it's not really a preview but it seemed like some internal BB announcement, but..... I had the same thought. It was hard to make sense of what was what. One thing that caught my attention: "no repeats" Really? 60 workouts? Call me skeptical.....
Quote:
To comment on the video itself: I see big sweeping movements with lots of momentum, which I don't love. For barre I think smaller more controlled movements are more effective and safer. I'm a Beachbody on Demand subscriber and I like barre, so I'm sure I will try one of these workouts when they're generally available. (There's mention of "VIP access this winter." The recent BB model is that you can pay to get the workouts early, or you can wait until a few months later and they'll be included with the regular On Demand subscription.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
Yeah..they keep saying "Barre" but I think they are meaning as in ballet.

This also sounds like it'll be a fusion style...I wonder if it'll be like a revamped YBB? (Which I admit to having absolutely no experience with...)
Yes, yes, yes! Bee, you are right! It isn’t a preview and I hadn’t even thought about no repeats.

Laura, I look forward to your reviews and agree about the momentum.

Alison, yes, Ballet not barre. The level of skill, control and flexibility that they are displaying take years and years to achieve. I’m interested in how they Water this down to make it safe for those who don’t possess that skill. Not interested enough to purchase it but I’ll be watching for reviews.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-19, 10:55 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
60 workouts, no repeats is in line with recent programs like LIIFT4 and the Obsession ones. Of the programs in this style I've only done LIIFT4; it's an 8-week program and all the workouts (32 of them, 8 weeks x 4 days/week) are unique. In LIIFT4 you do chest & triceps every week for the first 6 weeks, for example, and there's a limited set of exercises, but the exercise selection and order vary every week, and HIIT is included in alternate weeks (in chest & tris).The "no repetition" format dictates streaming-only. If you don't mind streaming, the variety is kind of nice - you don't hear the same chatter over and over, and changing up the exercises keeps things a little fresher.
Huh, interesting! Streaming does lend itself to something more like that, but I didn't realize they actually did it. That's pretty cool.
Old 10-05-19, 11:35 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I’m interested as I like streaming. It looks like something I’d enjoy as it reminds me a bit of Balletone, but I see in the BBOD fine print that they bill quarterly & I have to call if I want to cancel. That’s a possible deal breaker for me. I like a “cancel subscription” option on the website so I have proof that I’ve canceled. I also like a PayPal option as I can cancel payment through them.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barre, barre blend, beachbody, beachbody barre, beachbody barre blend, element ballet, elise gulan, elise joan