Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-08-19, 07:45 AM  
owltx

I have the set you are talking about Bubbles - I also requested it for my birthday a couple of years back. I haven’t tried any of the others you’ve mentioned except Cathe’s turbobarre, so I cant compare it or really answer if it’s worth it in that manner. But I can say I like this set. I happen to really click with Suzanne. I love her demeanor and cuing. Her stretches are amazing. I like cardio fat burn and boot camp because they do add a little cardio factor to the barre. The workouts are long, but are all sectioned so you can just choose which sections you like. I really like her Tighten Tone and Torch and feel like these are somewhat similar to that, if you’ve ever tried that.

Being a vf’er, naturally this conversation makes me think I need flat belly barre.
Old 02-08-19, 07:52 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by owltx View Post
I have the set you are talking about Bubbles - I also requested it for my birthday a couple of years back. I haven’t tried any of the others you’ve mentioned except Cathe’s turbobarre, so I cant compare it or really answer if it’s worth it in that manner. But I can say I like this set. I happen to really click with Suzanne. I love her demeanor and cuing. Her stretches are amazing. I like cardio fat burn and boot camp because they do add a little cardio factor to the barre. The workouts are long, but are all sectioned so you can just choose which sections you like. I really like her Tighten Tone and Torch and feel like these are somewhat similar to that, if you’ve ever tried that.

Being a vf’er, naturally this conversation makes me think I need flat belly barre.
You do need Flat Belly Barre - it's a good one! 3 total body full 30 minute workouts!

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-19, 11:35 AM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Cynthia, why didn't you care for the Barreampeds? Maybe it could help me make a decision.

Thanks!
Haven't had them for a long time, but IIRC, they weren't half hour (or so) but segmented. And I forget if it was Barre Amped or her 10 MS but she would do stretches without offering modifications; she would always stack one shin on top of the other (not cross legs). I can't do that with my arthritic knee and it was disheartening. So I didn't like her in those DVDs.
Bounce is segmented but flows easily. I don't have her equipment but I have an ancient BodyFlex rebounder and a portable Cardio Barre and they substitute nicely.
Flat Belly Barre has two half hour workouts.

At least one VFer doesn't like Flat Belly Barre -- it's on a trade list.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-19, 11:56 AM  
alisoncooks

I didn't keep any of the BarreAmped DVDs because I don't like piecing together my workout. All of those had shorter segments (and too long to do in entirety), and I just am too lazy to make a rotation with them.

I really like the Flat Belly DVD. 30 minutes is my preference so it's perfect for my needs.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-19, 12:09 PM  
sillygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
I didn't keep any of the BarreAmped DVDs because I don't like piecing together my workout. All of those had shorter segments (and too long to do in entirety), and I just am too lazy to make a rotation with them.

I really like the Flat Belly DVD. 30 minutes is my preference so it's perfect for my needs.
I feel the same way. 10-30 minute total body workouts are my favorites and I’m more likely to stay consistent with them.
sillygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-19, 08:16 PM  
kitty12

I do a Barre workout every Saturday and have found them to be very helpful for my knees and hips. I have a lot of variety so only doing them once a week it is a long time before I repeat, but I like that.

As the others said, Suzanne is more traditional barre so it is more of a matter of whether you connect with her style. I really like her a lot. I just looked up the Barre Amped set. I do not have Bounce or the prenatal workout, but I have the others. I really liked all of them except Stretch. I am not very flexible and I recall that she wasn't good at offering modifications. I got rid of the Stretch DVD, but the rest were all very good. When I do her DVDs I do the full workout and they are longer workouts.

I actually didn't like Flat Belly Barre as much. The workouts were shorter which is nice, but I also thought they were easier than the Barre Amped workouts. Also, at times she would comment on shaking or burning (something like that - I don't recall the actual words she used), and I would think to myself that I actually would have liked it to be more challenging. After saying all that, I will still use them because sometimes it is nice to have an easier option and I really do like Suzanne. These seemed more similar to Barre3 as far as level of difficulty.

I have most of the DVDs you mentioned - I don't have any Lotte Berk or Cathe's Turbo Barre.
kitty12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-19, 08:51 AM  
bubbles76

Thank you ladies! Kitty, I need help with my hips and knees, it is encouraging that barre helps you with that. Alison and Cynthia, thanks for your comments too. Although I prefer to have my workouts laid out and don't like piecing together, I don't think I'd mind as much with barre. I love my 10 Minute Solution workouts.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-19, 09:31 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by monterey vidiot View Post
Flat Belly Barre has two half hour workouts.
Three actually, and they're all different and good. (But they're not so difficult which is why I like them. )
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-19, 10:13 AM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

I love Suzanne's barre workouts Bounce is my favorite, because I love rebounding, but they are all good. I really love the Prevention DVD with the 3-30 barre workouts on it too.

Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-19, 11:03 AM  
daimere

Depends. Do you like all in one under an hour workouts? Do you like splits or putting together workouts?

I like them when I can do them. Although I haven’t tried FIRE yet. It’s just I prefer AIO type workouts under 65 minutes. I am missing stretch and bounce. Although sometimes I struggle with her ab work because I don’t feel it.
daimere is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barre, barreamped, pretzel, suzanne bowen, unique