Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-17, 09:28 PM  
eeyore

Well since I am older, and am a bit unstable on my rebounder, I was happy to hear about this workout. I ordered a handle bar today and will be able to use it for freestyle rebounding as well as this video and others like it. I have not done many barre workouts and am open to try anything except kickboxing or high impact. I couldn't do that kind of stuff even when I was younger. I'm not athletic and never have been, but don't want to let that stop me from excercising.
I found the handle bar new on EBay for $9 less than the Jumpsport site. And I didn't have to pay state tax so I saved $15 shipping factored in
eeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-17, 11:49 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

I think I could improvise with the bar, and I have an UR not a jumpsport. But I will wait for real clips, I'm interested to see how much actual bouncing is interspersed with the barre work. If it's mostly just barre work anyway, I can just use all my other barre DVDs adapted to the rebounder (I like that idea in fact). But I would definitely purchase if it were more of a cardio interval workout.
Old 01-08-17, 01:48 PM  
killoffsonny

If I had the bar for my jumpsport already I'd get the dvd. But no.....not worth it.
Old 01-13-17, 07:34 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Mary has it in stock and has a nice 3 minute clip up. Looks good but it's not a "must have" or even "should have" for me.
Old 01-13-17, 08:50 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

The workout looks pretty good to me too, and I'll probably get it eventually if reviews are good. I'm a sucker for barre DVDs for sure.

Also, some of the work with the bar looks like a good job for my new Fluidity bar
Old 01-14-17, 09:14 PM  
fatkat555

I did her 20 minute trampoline workout that she had on her website just prior to canceling my membership (I love her workouts, just trying to put the brakes on spending). I thought it was interesting. I used a wall-mounted barre and even though it seemed a little low, it worked.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-17, 09:57 PM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebianco View Post
Also, some of the work with the bar looks like a good job for my new Fluidity bar
I was wondering if I could adjust my Fluidity high enough to work this way with my Jumpsport rebounder. I'm going to try it before ordering this DVD. If you try it first, let me know!

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-17, 07:57 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
I was wondering if I could adjust my Fluidity high enough to work this way with my Jumpsport rebounder. I'm going to try it before ordering this DVD. If you try it first, let me know!
I have an Urban Rebounder, not Jumpsport, but I tried adapting it to my Fluidity bar on the highest setting, and it is very low, less than optimal height, although I may still try adapting it this way to be honest. I'm 5'5 1/2.
Old 01-15-17, 09:29 AM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

This was a must have for me, and I downloaded it yesterday. I previewed the arm segment, and I am going to sub my Fluidity bar the pull-up moves. I have an UR, and a Bellicon with a T-bar, but I don't think it will work well with this workout. Overall, I think this was a great purchase for me. I use my rebounder a ton! Plus, I love Suzanne's workouts!
Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-17, 12:28 PM  
Orlita

I'm thinking that outside of the straight bouncing parts, a lot of this could also be done on one of those core/stability disks that you stand on. I think I have one of those from a Kathy Smith set. Or my Bosu could be good. I do like Suzanne's teaching, so I am tempted.

I have a trampoline, but I sold my Fluidity bar -- it was taking too much space, and I more often just used the TV cabinet when I needed a stable surface.
Orlita is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barreamped, barreamped bounce, jumpsport, jumpsport bungee workouts, suzanne bowen