Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-14, 02:49 PM  
js70

Barre workout with cardio effect

I'm interested in purchasing new barre workout that has cardio effect like Cardio Barre and Piloxing. Any suggestion is greatly appreciated.

I love barre workout, but I do want some cardio the same time without doing another exercise dvd at the same day.
js70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-14, 03:13 PM  
momofcha

Physique 57

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-14, 03:29 PM  
Stephanie_B

I agree P57. I've read perhaps Ballet Physique, but I've not had experienced it yet.

If you can't do it today what makes you think you will do it tomorrow?

DISCLOSURE: I had a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Stephanie_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-14, 03:37 PM  
Rachael1216

Booty barre has a lot of bigger ranges of motion and takes the heart rate up.
Rachael1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-14, 03:44 PM  
lila_says

V Method Cardio Vusion with Vicki Vara ---- stupid name, excellent workout
lila_says is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-14, 04:00 PM  
slysam

What level of cardio are you hoping for? I personally don't find most barre workouts to get and keep my heart rate in the intensity I want for cardio. I think of it more as strength/toning with cardio and flexibility bonus. I like the faster paced barre best and my most used are Physique 57, Ballet Body and Squeeze Stonger. Ballet Body is slower paced, but I still find it challenging and enjoy it for a change of pace. I also have some Core Fusions, Xtend Barre, Booty Barre, and Cario Barre.

Of those listed I found the standing sections of the first Booty Barre and Xtend Barre to be the most aerobic. With P57 (my favorite, by the way), I found it intense but my average heart rate was 101 bpm which is about what I get with a brisk walk. I like intentional cardio to be a little more intense to my heart and lungs (don't get me wrong--these are very effective workouts and I expected that my BPM would be higher). Some barre like workouts that I get a nice cardio effect include BalletTone Center Floor and Micheal Olajide's "AeroBarre". I think Ballet Blast: Ballet Fitness by Jennee also had a nice cardio effect for some of the segments. These are more Ballet influenced but do have some crossover with barre. I don't remember with CardioBarre, I think I found it a little too frenetic, I need to revisit that one.

If you are looking for an aerobic supplement with a similar feel, some of the ballet/fusion workouts can complement barre very nicely. If you are just hoping for a higher calorie burn or some aerobic benefits doing barre, you might find that with P57, X-tend, Booty Barre, etc.
slysam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-14, 04:03 PM  
nevertoolate

Quote:
Originally Posted by shammy902 View Post
Physique 57
+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael1216 View Post
Booty barre has a lot of bigger ranges of motion and takes the heart rate up.
+ Tracey Mallett has a lot of barre fusion style workouts that have a cardio effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lila_says View Post
V Method Cardio Vusion with Vicki Vara ---- stupid name, excellent workout
+

And I'll add another which I hardly ever hear about, but I love: Ballet Fitness by Jenee. Excellent, fun workout!

Ann
nevertoolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-14, 04:15 PM  
eannem

i find the dream body workouts get me a good calorie burn. not exactly barre (not even the barre workout on the 1st set) but they are a good mix of toning and intense cardio- sounds like that might be what you are after.

as far as actual barre workouts, i agree with what has been said- p57 (2nd one more than 1st), xtend barre, ballet fitness, etc.
eannem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-14, 04:25 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Definitely Physique 57 for me! Classic V. 2 and Thigh and Seat, in particular. Also, I remember my heartrate being quite elevated in several of the streaming workouts, if you are willing to try those. Physique Cardio and the newest one... Cardio Sculpt? It's the one with the guy leading it, Chad Levy.
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-14, 04:26 PM  
PrairieGem

I second (or third? ) the recommendation for Xtend Barre. Of my barre collection, I'd say P57--especially the original 30-min Express workout--is the most intense, but I feel like Xtend has the bigger cardio effect. There is quite a lot of larger ROM movements, movements done away from the barre that cover a lot of space, some intentionally "dancier" moves... and hopping/jumps. (Not a ton, and it's not what I'd consider a high-impact workout, but it's just not a stand-in-one-place-and-beg-for-mercy barre w/o.)

Tags
barreamped, cardio vusion, suzanne bowen