Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-14-14, 05:47 AM  
yahoo205

Favorite 30 minute Ana Brett Raviana Ravi Singh Kundalini Yoga Practice?

I'm looking for basically all different focuses but most interested in energizing and detox practices. Also for strength.

Please mention which DVD it's from.

I would love to be able to do 30 mins of kundalini and 30 mins of Tracy Anderson continuity a day. If it's a little over 30 mins that's ok.
yahoo205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-14, 05:59 AM  
sherry7899

The yoga practice on "Dance the Chakras" is 30 minutes.

I'll see if I can think of more later.

There are a lot of helpful reviews here and on Amazon that give time breakdowns.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-14, 08:41 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I think what I did yesterday is about 30 minutes--it's my favorite combination from Fat Free-Lose Weight, Feel Great! I did Tune In-Start Your Engines-No Impact Aerobics-Teapot Meditation-Closing Prayer. The "Start Your Engines" is pretty energizing, as there is a lot of breathwork and large arm movements, and "No Impact" has some good strength work, including push-ups.

Another option would be to use Yoga Quick Fixes and/or Dr. Yoga House Call, as both of these have Pre-Set options--just combine one of the presets for strength or energy (usually around 12-15 mintues) with warm-ups (10-15 minutes), and if you desire, the Tune-In, Relaxation, Meditation, and Closing Prayer, and you have a nice little practice around 30-40 minutes, depending. Like Sherry said, check the VF Reviews section for breakdowns of both of these DVDs.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-14, 08:58 AM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

For several months last year I did TA followed by a short (30-45 min.) RA practice. Their DVDs are structured in a way that it is super easy to select the length you want.

For energy, I like Fat-Free Lose Weight and Feel Great; Solar Power; KY for Energy and Super Radiance.

Cleanse is great for detox. It can easily be separated into 2 practices that are about 30 minutes each.
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-14, 09:59 AM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
The yoga practice on "Dance the Chakras" is 30 minutes.
That's my favorite; I'd class it as energizing.

Also energizing, but a bit mellower, is "Warm Up & Open Up" from Total Tune-up. It is about 30 minutes.

All the other suggestions here are good too.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-14, 10:36 AM  
SueT

I really like the AM section on their AM/PM yoga. I always tell my daughter I think that is the perfect 20-25 minute Raviana, probably because it has so much breath of fire!

Sue
SueT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-14, 11:34 AM  
sherry7899

The practice on DTC is my favorite too-maybe because it was my first Ravi/Ana dvd. A sweet VF friend loaned it to me try out, and I liked it so much I've bought all their others. I didn't keep all of them since some are too difficult for me (Navel Power and Journey Through The Chakras).

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-14, 12:43 PM  
Patti S.
VF Supporter

Dance the Chakras yoga set (30 minutes)
Fat Free Yoga warm up and open up (32 minutes)

They are both my favorites!
Old 01-14-14, 01:57 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
I think what I did yesterday is about 30 minutes--it's my favorite combination from Fat Free-Lose Weight, Feel Great! I did Tune In-Start Your Engines-No Impact Aerobics-Teapot Meditation-Closing Prayer. The "Start Your Engines" is pretty energizing, as there is a lot of breathwork and large arm movements, and "No Impact" has some good strength work, including push-ups.
I agree with this. I don't currently have a lot of Ravi Ana but I tried a bunch of them and Fat Free is one that is still in my collection. Start your Engines and No impact aerobics were the sections I used to do for a quick session before work.
I also agree with Sherry's recommendation for the yoga set of Dance the Shakras. This was the only other Ravi Ana DVD that I kept.

ETA: I see Patti also agrees- I didn't read her post till after I responded.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-14, 04:36 AM  
yahoo205

Anyone else?
yahoo205 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
continuity, kundalini, kundalini yoga, raviana, tracey anderson