Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-08-11, 09:03 AM  
in paris

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorajc View Post
well....someone needs to tell "them" that not everyone has money for all of that expensive stuff like laptops, etc!! Makes me a bit peeved!
And not everyone has the luxury of a large workout space with room for expensive stuff like a second television and DVD player.
in paris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-11, 12:49 PM  
daisysunshine

well - i can only speak for myself - but I don't have the luxury of a large workout space and second televisions and dvd players, and I had to scrimp and scrape for my laptop for school purposes. Doing a lot of workouts (online or even with dvd) means being creative and limiting my range of motion. When i first got the balletbody downloads, I didn't have a burner or a place to do it either, but I knew eventually I would, and did the ones that I could.

If my burner was working I wouldn't hesitate one minute to help anyone who needed help burning things either.

But I can really understand why some people choose to do online downloads as

A: this is the nature of information right now. Instant and Streaming (see - Netflix, and other mediums like that)

B: it is less expensive. instead of having to rent out a workout space, and get music rights (because most people don't like the generic stuff anymore), having to get camera crews, and all of that other stuff. with a podclass format you get Them + Camera

C: It's a little more "informal" depending on the person.

D: you get more stuff.

I know there are people who just don't like dvds, and prefer the gym, and those who like dvds instead of the gym and now it's going to be some prefer the streaming than dvds or a combination of all three

...right now you're saying, no i can't do this. you should know by now i don't train that way - Dasha Libin

offering the two tracey mallet dance workouts, pm me.
daisysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-11, 02:03 PM  
in paris

Beautifully put, Daisy, thank you!

I'd also like to mention that by making workouts available by download, it makes it a lot more accessible and affordable for people from different countries (other than bank fees for currency conversions).

The best of all worlds would be to have both available, depending on needs.

(Bit I have to admit being chuffed that I can get my downloads at the same time as anybody in the U.S., rather than having to pay at least double for shipping and getting it a few weeks later -- in V.F. terms, past the sell-by date.)
in paris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-11, 08:56 PM  
lorajc

Yes, I also don't have the luxury of a large workout space and 2nd tv and DVD player either (or a laptop). I work out in the livingroom in front of my tv and dvd player and it is not luxurious by any means. I don't even like to have strangers in my house because of all of the workout stuff I have stuffed into the corners of my livingroom. It's a bit embarassing (unless, of course, you're a vidiot...then you'd understand).
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-11, 02:56 AM  
Hej

I love downloads for the same reasons! Quite frankly I'm a technodunce, but I really, really wanted Ballet Body so I took the plunge, and I'm so glad.

I just bought a little thing for $50 that can play downloads on my TV from a flash memory stick. I just download, copy whatever I want to play onto the memory stick, take it over to the little thing attached to the TV and I'm good to go. No more waiting weeks, shipping hassles, paying import duties, broken and scratched DVDs loose in the box, etc. No more DVDs to clutter up the shelves. No hassles of trying to burn to DVD, and I can change the contents lickety-split whenever.

I'm pretty sure that slowly but surely today's DVDs will be replaced by downloads and streaming (with Blu Rays for people who want really high definition and sound quality). I was so reluctant to try them but now I'm a convert.
Hej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-11, 02:16 PM  
CharM

I was anti-download until I got Barre3 and then Suzanne's freebie. We play our downloads through the Popcorn Hour, keeping them stored on Netgear ReadyNAS and connected to the tv so I can do them that way. I still prefer dvds but I'm open.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-11, 12:24 PM  
lorajc

If anyone subscribing cares to work out a deal with me, let me know. I'd love to have these on DVD. I have stuff I can trade. PM me and we can discuss. thanks in advance
Old 04-10-11, 02:19 PM  
Castella

I am interested in these but very reluctant to purchase downloads after recent bad experiences. In the past I had no problems downloading the Cardio Coach series (which granted were sound only) and the free YogaTodays (back when they were free).

In the last month I purchased video downloads from two different sites/providers and I can't play any of them. Some play for about 3 minutes in, just long enough for the intro, then nothing for every more after that. The other one I was only able to view on the provider's site which is of no value to me since I work out by my TV, not my computer. With these purchases I wasn't able to get money back or good customer service. I get the feeling that a lot of retailers are jumping on the downloadable format bandwagon but don't have the capacity to deliver a decent product and resolution if the download fails.
Castella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-11, 03:36 PM  
mlmccauley

If anyone is interested Two Belles Fitness, courtesy of Suzanne Bowen, is giving away a one year subscription for the weekly downloads:

http://www.twobellesfitness.com/2011...bowen-fitness/

Maria

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
mlmccauley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-11, 09:52 AM  
lorajc

what does everyone think of these now that they've been out for a while? I really want to get these, but I really can't work out by my computer. Is everyone loving these? or are Leah's better?

Tags
barreamped, download, downloadable workouts, downloads, membership plan, online subscriptions, pilates, suzanne bowen