Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-27-20, 07:32 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Today was Metabolic Conditioning. Yikes! But I got through it.

Sherry, I didn't know Leslie is no longer doing DVDs. I would be tempted to keep the ones you bought, but if you don't think you'll ever use them then that's different. I hope Jessica's new release comes out before the end of the year. Even though she has a ton of youtube stuff and I have a lot of her DVDs, it would be nice to do something completely new. With winter coming, I'll be inside even more than I already am so I'm looking for ways to pass the time.

Donna, Glad to hear CS is helping your back! I need to do more CS. There just aren't enough hours in the day. At work, did they give you an idea when the change will happen?

IT looks like a gloomy day here so I'll be doing more decluttering. Fun!
Old 09-27-20, 08:48 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Essentrics Express Posture w/ Amanda
Yoga w/ Adriene - Full Body Flow

I may do something else later...just not sure what. Yesterday DD and i walked.

Sherry - I usually just go to CVS Minute Clinic for my flu shot. I am pretty sure I have that Leslie DVD. I didn't know she wasn't releasing any more DVDs. She has some workouts on You Tube and her Daily Walk App is pretty cheap - $4.95/month.

wishiwasinhawaii - I agree, not enough hours in the day for it all!! I would actually love to workout 3X per day - 30 min morning, noon and evening. I suppose I could do it w/ working from home, it just would take discipline. I have started to schedule 30 min of free time for myself during the day - so I could use that time for an afternoon workout.

Waves, Pam.

So, funny to mention Leslie - I'm really thinking of doing some sort of yoga and Leslie rotation - I haven't been much in the mood for yoga lately, but all of a sudden, I'm interested again.

It is gloomy here....so a low key day.

Hope everyone has a good one!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-20, 05:18 PM  
Leonana

Apologies, I'm probably mistaken, and I don't know for sure that Leslie isn't releasing any more dvd's. I guess I got the wrong impression from the threads about finding her older dvd's. It does seem like most instructors are going digital, so I just assumed she was too. I checked her you tube channel, and it seems the latest workout came out last April on her app? From her website, it looks like her last dvd series was September 2019. She has done some you tube videos in the past month.

I haven't done anything today, and I know I should do yoga later this evening. I am going to motivate myself!

wishiwasinhawaii, I hope Jessica comes out with something news soon, too. I know I have enough, but something new sounds wonderful.

Donna, I checked the Walgreens website, and they had time slots for fu shots. Although, it seemed that most times were open.
Old 09-28-20, 07:44 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today was back to Faithful Workouts, so I did:

Faithful Workouts - Total Body in the Barn - this one used a circular band and tubing and included a variety of exercises - some floor work, etc. It was a littl bit of everything.

Yoga w/ Adriene - Yoga for When You are Stuck (15 min)

A dreary looking day out there today - not in the mood for Monday. My daughter has the day off from school and she and her friends are going to go hiking, if it doesn't rain. I'm glad to see her getting out - although I'm nervous about her driving there by herself, I guess at some point I'll get used to it! LOL!

wishiwasinhawaii - did you have a good decluttering day?

Sherry - did you get your yoga in?

Waves, Pam!

Hope everyone has a good day - I think I may pop a Classical Stretch episode in later today.

Take care!

Donna
Old 09-28-20, 10:03 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Today was 360 Abs. I had forgotten about that one. It's a really good workout and it was nice to be reminded of it.

Donna, Kids don't have school here today either. I have to go to the mall, but I'm going to wait until tomorrow since there could be a lot of kids hanging out there. It's gloomy here too, but the sun is supposed to come out later. If that happens, I'll go for a walk. Did the rain hold off so your DD could go for the hike? I like your idea of 3 workouts a day. I usually do a workout in the morning and a walk in the afternoon, but I'm sure I could add something else in the evening. Decluttering is going well, but it's such a slow process. I want it to be over!

Sherry, I actually don't have any of Leslie's DVDs! I've always been so focused on Jessica's walking workouts that I've only done some of Leslie's youtube stuff, but I should probably pick some up. Maybe next time Mary has a sale.
Old 09-28-20, 03:34 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Hope everyone had a good weekend!

I've been so busy with house cleaning chores, that I haven't been exercising much. But the house is shaping up as long as I stick to a routine and being consistent (much like exercise.) I bet I'm burning more calories from all the steps I've been taking (up and down stairs) and putting things away, too!

I'm planning on some yoga tonight or Classical stretch. Just want to treat myself to something kinder and gentler. I caught Miranda on PBS this weekend and have it recorded to watch later.

Even though it's a bit dreary outside, I'm enjoying the overcast weather and little sprinkles of rain here and there! It gives me a break from watering all of my (planted this year) plants.

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-20, 10:12 PM  
Leonana

Today was Jessica's 2 in 1 Toning from You Tube. Boy, that was tough! I had to modify quite a bit. She moves very fast, it's cardio too. But I'm definitely going to have DOMS with this one! I remember doing the whole thing along with Jessica when it first came out. I find I can do the tougher workouts if I eat a lot more, but that kind of ruins the weight loss.

It was our wedding anniversary today, 24 years! I forgot, but my husband remembered. I always forget, lol. Just keeping track of birthdays is all I can do.

I'm envying all of you having dreary weather. We are having a drought and need rain. Although, the sunny days are nice too.
Old 09-29-20, 08:01 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today I wandered back to some "vintage" Jessica Smith - her 30 Minute Power Walk from 2013 showed up in my You Tube Feed so I went for it. It was a good workout - enough variety so you didn't feel like you were just marching in place all day and a good pace, too.

I also did Trifecta Pilates Leg & Core workout - this was 15 minutes long and included leg weights (ankle weights). I like when Beth mixes things up in her Pilates routines.

Yesterday I took a walk mid-day after a long meeting and after work I did Trifecta Pilates - Standing Yoga Pilates Class which was about 15 minutes long and was surprisingly challenging.

I think for October I will do a mix of Jessica's workouts and Trifecta Pilates. I paid for a year of Trifecta Pilates w/ a special in January and have hardly used it. I'm not going t renew - since I didn't use it much, but I'm going to try to make use of it now. I do like her workouts and I think mixing them up w/ some Jessica Smith will work well for me.

I also don't think I will renew Faithful Workouts - as much as I like Michelle, after awhile all the workouts start feeling the same to me and they never feel like enough of any one thing. I figure I own a good number of her DVDs and there is You Tube for when I feel like doing her workouts. Although, for the special price of $35 per year, it isn't a bad deal at all, so I do reserve the right to change my mind.

Jessica Valent I have for a year - and I'll think about it when it expires. I do like her variety, though and how she mixes traditional work w/ Pilates.

I will keep Ellen at $5.95/month - I do her stuff at least a few times a month.

But next year may be the year of the DVD - or You Tube - LOL!

Hope everyone has a good day - if it is doesn't rain today I think I will take another mid-day walk. I used to take a walk break at work when I worked in the office so as long as the weather is good, I may as well do that here, too.

Sherry - those "older" Jessica workouts are tough!! Happy Anniversary! LOL, I'm also bad about remembering dates.

Pam - good job w/ your housework, I really need to take some days off from work and do stuff like that - this year I'm going to end up w/ too much leave to carry over....since vacations were a no-go. I also earn a lot of leave b/c I have been there so long.

wishiwasinhawaii - I do remember that one - it is from WS1, right?

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 09-29-20, 05:12 PM  
Leonana

After yesterday's workout, I decided to do a stretch/yoga tonight. I am pretty sore and stiff! I also went to two Goodwills and Ikea, so lots of walking.

Boy, Ikea and Goodwills are pretty crowded now. Maybe it's because people have nothing else to do, or they are trying to redo their homes. It seems as if they think masks are enough protection and you don't have to socially distance. I think I'll stay away from Ikea for awhile. Although, not sure I can skip Goodwill, lol. My friend isn't going with me, I think I mentioned her and her husband are opening an ice cream shop. They are remodeling it, then she will be working in the shop. I guess I lost my shopping partner (sniff).

I did get a dvd, but I should have checked inside the case. I thought I was getting a Prevention Barre 3 Ballet Boot Camp, but it's Ballet Body by Jazzercize. I don't think I'll be doing it, so I will see if anyone wants. I'm about to give up on the Goodwill dvds, although I did like the one Leslie I found.

Donna, I forgot to mention that no, I didn't do my yoga Sunday night. I did some stretching and foam rolling last night, as my lower back was sore. Your streaming all sounds affordable, but I guess it adds up.

wishiwasinhawaii, I need to revisit WS1 and 2. I keep looking for something similar at Goodwill, but no luck! I found about four Leslies, but only kept one. The other four were the darker set, and I didn't care for that as much. The one I kept was a bright, white set, and it seemed more fun.

Pam, I'm sure you are burning lots of calories cleaning, especially with stairs.
Old 09-29-20, 09:06 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Today was Total Body Training from WS1. I also went for a couple of indoor walks since it rained most of the day.

Donna, Yes, 360 Abs is from WS1. I haven't had a chance to try out Faithful Workouts. I have to put that on my reminder list.

Sherry, It's cool that your friends are opening an ice cream shop. I've always wanted to work in one for some reason.

Pam, I watered my outdoor plants the other day and was going to again yesterday but I'm glad I didn't because we got so much rain today.

Tags
jessica smith get strong