Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-18-20, 01:09 PM  
fanofladyvols

Cheri good for you! I have always been a fast gainer..slow loser...with weight that is, lol!

Today was Taebo Basic Live #4 plus CS Aging Backwards D#2 32 min of zero impact cardio. They paired well together. Love this Basic as much as #3. And here is an item of note...my HR went just as high with CS as it did with Taebo.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-20, 10:29 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Friday's workout was

Faithful Workouts - Lower Body in the Barn - 28 minutes

This was a nice little lower body workout - the set up was as follows: Exercise #1 - 35 seconds, rest 10 seconds, repeat cycle; Exercise #2 - 35 seconds, rest 10 seconds, repeat, etc. I believe this one is on the new DVD set that Michelle released. It was relatively challenging for me. Equipment used: a single heavy weight, resistance tubing with handles, resistance loop, small pilates ball and mat. I definitely reached muscle failure at times.

It was "a day" at work. I am so glad for the weekend. I spent the day handling all kinds of things other than my regular duties. And the auditors wonder why I'm having trouble getting stuff ready for them. I wish they could have followed me around today - maybe they would understand. I took temperatures, answered main office phones, fetched kids from class for their parents (since no one had ever shown me how to use the classroom intercom and our schedule is so complicated because of Covid I didn't know which teacher to call anyway), wiped lunchroom tables, took care of a sick kid, counseled folks about mask wearing, etc. And that was just before noon.

I'm heading to bed. I'll try to do personals in the morning.

Carol
txhsmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-20, 09:11 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Leslies 5 MM DVD, miles 1-3. 45min. This is the first time I reached for Disk 5 and although I only did miles 1, 2 and 3, I really enjoyed the energy and variety on this disk. I don't think I'll be doing all 5 miles at once though. Three miles seem to be my sweet spot. Anything more and my hip starts bothering me.

ePilates Barre Core - 14min and Barre Arms - 17min. These were not a joke! Tough but doable and very enjoyable. I'm still very happy with my ePilates subscription and I'm renewing it for another year in December.

I'm glad everyone is doing well. I enjoy reading about the variety of different workouts we all do.

Unlike so many of you, I love cooking - maybe because I love to eat. I'm always inspired by new ideas for healthy and creative dishes. My DH also likes to eat but he doesn't quite enjoy the types of food I like. He's more into red meat and heavier dishes while I prefer fish, some chicken, grains, mushrooms etc. Solution? About 80% of the time we each cook our own food. It works well for both of us because my DH also likes to cook.

Waves to all!
Old 09-19-20, 11:54 AM  
cherimac

PBL Spring into Summer Back and Arms
PBL Kickstart Your Day

Thank you, Linda. I'm actually frustrated because it's so unusual for me not to drop weight quickly. That reminder helped.
Old 09-19-20, 05:00 PM  
donnamp

Oh gosh, I missed a lot here today!

I did have a good exercise day, however:

- Jessica's 30 min Fusion Strength (You Tube)
- Beth/Trifecta Pilates - High Energy Pilates workout (this one moves at a quicker pace than Beth's Level 1 workouts - this is marked as Level 2)
- Outdoor Walk
- Essentrics - PM Stretch w/ Meg

I didn't do this all at once, but spread out throughout the day.

Carol - that does sound like quite a day!

Dana - I enjoyed the workouts from Emma I did as well. I may do a few more before they are taken down. I may subscribe at some point, but I think for 2021 I want to limit my subscriptions so I could *maybe* focus more on what I already own.

Cheri - I normally do not gain weight very easily, but this quarantine thing, and being home all the time, I put on 5 lbs. It is from mindless snacking i'm sure...

Linda - interesting about your HR and CS - I finished up the "cardio week" challenge on Essentrics TV and at times i felt my HR go up quite a bit too. I think it is good to look at cardio from a different perspective - it isn't all running, walking, biking, step and other things we think of as 'cardio'!

Waves, everyone -

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-20, 07:44 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Saturday's workout was

Faithful Workouts - Strength By the Minute (in the Barn) - 28 minutes

This was a relatively challenging strength workout for me - definitely not on Cathe's level though. The format was - you guessed it - one minute of each move. Michelle started out with light dumbbells, then moved to bands, and then to heavy weights. There may have been a cardio interval or two in there as well. I can't remember though. My heart rate stayed elevated most of the workout though, cardio intervals or not.

I'm pretty sure that this workout is on the new DVD set. I don't know when it was filmed though - Mojo was still alive and wandered on and off the set as they were filming. You could tell that he was getting old though. It almost made me cry because I remembered how broken up Michelle was when he passed. For those who don't know, Mojo was Michelle's big black dog that appeared in many of her workouts over the years. He was pretty much her shadow.

Donna - Jessica's Fusion Strength YouTube workout may be my favorite workout of all time of hers. I really like it, especially because you get to get the pushups over with early in the workout. I too, am thinking about limiting my subscriptions - I have too many.

Cheri - I've found that as I aged, it became much harder to lose weight using the same methods that I'd used in the past. As a younger person, it was easy to just watch my calories, set up my physical activity and quickly drop a few pounds. The older I got, the less that worked.

Dana - I can't do too much of Jessica's or Leslie's walking or I will develop hip flexor issues. Barre work is hard! I think you and your DH have the perfect solution for cooking - as long as each of you cleans up their own messes.

Linda - I remember loving Basic #4 too, but I can't remember why I loved it. I'm assuming that these are on VHS still and haven't been released in DVD?

Waves to Brenda and Christine!

Carol
Old 09-20-20, 08:13 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning, I was missing Pahla so I did:

25 Min Weight Loss Power Walk - which was a pretty typical Pahla routine!
CS 1305 -

Carol - I do remember MoJo - as of this moment, I'm thinking of doing the workouts from Michelle's DVD set this week. I'm just going to go in order. So, I think tomorrow is Pazaz in the Barn.

Is anyone else besides me just feeling NO motivation to do anything? I have a long to-do list and I want to do none of it. You would think w/ activities being limited still that I would be getting more done with the extra time, but I just procrastinate more....

Waves, everyone.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-20, 08:41 AM  
fanofladyvols

Carol I like the format of that strength workout you did. The Taebos I am doing are on VHS that I got SASE from a VFer. Right now they are also on YouTube. Here's #4 https://youtu.be/1qr754HOfhE
Billy is just so genuine and motivating in this workout. He says at one point, "Are you in control, or is the tape in control? I hope you say you! Youa re? Ok good!" Definitely words to exercise by!

Donna your workouts were such a nice mix! Good for you! I have to constantly remind myself to make sure I balance my workouts because I always feel better when I do. How will you decide to limit your subscriptions? Is it how you need them to make up for a deficiency in your DVD/download collection? Or just how often you used them for variety/boredom?

I have categories of DVDs that I look for in workouts. There are some categories I avoid because I have decided I am happy with what I have collected... unless my copy is on VHS. I probably should have started earlier to replace those but I tried really hard to be a good steward with my hobby. It is nice with the kids grown and being older because I am able to spend a little more time and money on myself.

Dana I love cooking and trying new recipes. I don't enjoy all the limits, pickiness and considerations I have to take into account. I also don't enjoy the cleanup right now with no dishwasher. My husband has only recently started to help when he makes a mess cooking for himself.

Cheri you have such great lifestyle habits I'm sure you'll reach your goals.

Brenda HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Yesterday was Cardio sculpt express. I had to sub out some of the shoulder exercises for back and bicep exercises. I also used a loop for the lateral walks. I did have to pause the DVD to make my transitions work but it only added a minute to the workout. One thing I am going to incorporate into my other workouts that Debbie does is the knee raises/kicks after each standing set of dumbbell exercises. That really releases any tension in my back. The first time she did that I thought why are we doing this? At some point I figured it out because I leaned over and noticed how fresh I felt for the next set. Well, only two SS workouts left before I really do have to decide what I'm doing next week...lol. tick tock Linda!!

Wonderful Sunday wishes to all of you!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-20, 08:22 PM  
cherimac

PBL Spring into Summer Core With More
PBL Just Five Minutes More Lower Body

Dana-yep, the metabolism is not the same after menopause, for sure.
Old 09-21-20, 05:40 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Sunday's workout was

Faithful Workouts - Pazaz & Power Stretch - 27 minutes

I do like this mixture of 16 or so minutes of cardio and 10 minutes or so of stretching, with a little bit of core work thrown in.

Weekend achievements - We finally got around to installing our Ring doorbell, and I fixed lunches and breakfasts for the week. Weekend failures - I did not get my genealogy class homework finished up. I have a lot left to do.

Cheri - Nice job!

Linda - Thanks for the YouTube link for Live #4! Maybe someday I'll make time for it.

Donna - Enjoy those workouts! I don't know if I've done them all, but every one I've done I've enjoyed. Michelle is really hitting the right spot for me these days.

Waves to all ~

Carol