Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-17, 05:08 PM  
Sancho
VF Supporter

Location: My body is in Louisville but my heart is in Atlanta
Achilles Tendonitis

So I have been dealing with achilles tendonitis for years. I've tried rest, ice, massage, stretching, superfeet inserts, new shoes, etc. And none of it really worked very well. Online, I came across the suggestion to try heel inserts. I had always resisted this because I already use Superfeet and I thought they did the same thing. But, desperate (and because they are cheap), I ordered these from Amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...0?ie=UTF8&th=1. And I am so happy to report that I have been completely pain free from 3 days after I started to use them. I am running and playing tennis and doing HIIT workouts without any pain. I wake up in the morning without any pain in my achilles. It is awesome.

Obviously, YMMV, but thought I'd share for others that are dealing with this issue.
Sancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-17, 05:52 PM  
diggerholliday

I feel your pain, literally. I have a bunion and a neuroma in my right foot that makes a lot of my favorite activities uncomfortable or even painful to do. Like you, I've gotten everything that promises to alleviate some of the worst symptoms. I'm glad you found something that has helped you get back to your favorite activities pain free.
diggerholliday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-17, 07:20 PM  
antbuko

Thanks! I have achilles tendonitis too and read about heel inserts but didn't know which ones to get. I'll give these a try.
Old 06-30-17, 06:51 AM  
Sancho
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by antbuko View Post
Thanks! I have achilles tendonitis too and read about heel inserts but didn't know which ones to get. I'll give these a try.
Report back if they work for you. Good luck !!
Old 07-08-17, 11:37 PM  
berry99

I'd like to try these. I've been suffering with some Achilles tendinitis off and on for a year. This is a silly question but do you wear them in your workout shoes as well as your casual shoes?? I don't know how/when to use them.
Old 07-09-17, 09:26 AM  
Sancho
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by berry99 View Post
I'd like to try these. I've been suffering with some Achilles tendinitis off and on for a year. This is a silly question but do you wear them in your workout shoes as well as your casual shoes?? I don't know how/when to use them.
I only wear them when I wear sneakers (which is generally only when I workout). Here is an article that someone linked me to on another forum. It explains the pros and cons to heel cups. By the way, I'm still getting great results from using them.

http://www.runnersworld.com/running-...g-shoe-inserts

Tags
achilles tendonitis, heel cups